Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: qb question
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Anyone hear why Kinne did not play?

As shaky as Barkley has looked, I think they should have alternate possession of those two Qb's or maybe two possessions each and switch back to get a fair read of the situation.
Eyrie
Don't know, but there are two possibilities.

Firstly, based on practice they've decided that Barkley is better or Kinne worse.

Secondly, they decided to give Barkley a longer look to develop some rhythm and will do the same for Kinne in another game.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 16 2014, 05:35 AM) *
Don't know, but there are two possibilities.

Firstly, based on practice they've decided that Barkley is better or Kinne worse.

Secondly, they decided to give Barkley a longer look to develop some rhythm and will do the same for Kinne in another game.

I agree with your "Firstly". There are 6 other days in the week that we aren't privy to. Is game action more telling, even if it is a glorified practice? Maybe, and then again in the coach's eyes, maybe not as much as we might think.

Regarding your "Secondly": I have a feeling both Barkley and Kinne will see plenty of action in game 4. Whether that time is split evenly or more weighted to one or the other, who knows? Wait, I know! It will be up to the Chipper and his QB coach.

Bottom line: I'm more concerned with getting my numbers 1 and 2 as much work as I can, which only leaves so much time for the other 2, who hopefully won't be taking any snaps all season long anyway.
Eyrie
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Aug 16 2014, 02:35 PM) *
I agree with your "Firstly". There are 6 other days in the week that we aren't privy to. Is game action more telling, even if it is a glorified practice? Maybe, and then again in the coach's eyes, maybe not as much as we might think.

Regarding your "Secondly": I have a feeling both Barkley and Kinne will see plenty of action in game 4. Whether that time is split evenly or more weighted to one or the other, who knows? Wait, I know! It will be up to the Chipper and his QB coach.

Bottom line: I'm more concerned with getting my numbers 1 and 2 as much work as I can, which only leaves so much time for the other 2, who hopefully won't be taking any snaps all season long anyway.

Good point with the bottom line, and Sanchez seems to be playing well enough that he could hold the fort if anything happens to Foles.
Dreagon
They have a fourth round draft pick invested in Barkley, so I imagine they are going to give him more opportunity to make the team.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 17 2014, 05:34 AM) *
Good point with the bottom line, and Sanchez seems to be playing well enough that he could hold the fort if anything happens to Foles.

Sanchez has proven that with a solid defense he can manage a game and get his team deep into the playoffs. Of course our defense sucks, but he certainly didn't have Shady and Sproles in NY. Even some of us could hand the ball off to them and we might score some points, if only the defense could step up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.