Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 of My Biggest Concerns This Coming In this yr
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
1. have we done enough to improve our D.

2. Our backup QB.

No concerns with #2. Sanchez looks great.

#1. I think we have problems again. Other than the NE WR running the wrong pattern, we brought nothing.

I am not as concerned with the WR's as most. I think if healthy, we will be OK. I know health seems like an if right now.
make_it_rain
Curtis Marsh is so bad tonight his name became a trending term across all of twitter. Not just the Philadelphia area, the entire site. Some of the tweets are pretty funny too.

The defense is comically bad, but I'm not really sure what else could have been done besides sign Byrd man (even though Jenkins has looked solid), or maybe use an extra pick or two on defense, or perhaps draft Dennard instead of M. Smith.

Having said that, yeesh. I know *its just preseason* but that looked really bad. huh.gif
nephillymike
Marsh is sooo bad I feel sorry for him.

They say he is one of the best CB's in practice with cover skills but just can't do it in games.

It is the worst CB play I have ever seen and I've seen toast Jenkins and others over the years.
JeeQ
The entire defense was laughable as a whole but Curtis Marsh put on a special kind of performance tonight... every QB on the Patriots roster came out and threw a TD on him tonight

If he's one of our best CBs in practice what the fuck does that say about us

If there's any positives in this situation Curtis Marsh is so bad he makes Roc Carmichael look like an all-pro
SAM I Am
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 16 2014, 12:39 AM) *
The entire defense was laughable as a whole but Curtis Marsh put on a special kind of performance tonight... every QB on the Patriots roster came out and threw a TD on him tonight

If he's one of our best CBs in practice what the fuck does that say about us

If there's any positives in this situation Curtis Marsh is so bad he makes Roc Carmichael look like an all-pro

I hate to pile on but, his play was abysmal. If this guy is one of our two starting CBs --- and so far, that appears to be the case --- it certainly doesn't bode well if he continues to play that way and they can't come up with a better option.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Aug 16 2014, 08:44 AM) *
I hate to pile on but, his play was abysmal. If this guy is one of our two starting CBs --- and so far, that appears to be the case --- it certainly doesn't bode well if he continues to play that way and they can't come up with a better option.

Where is there talk of him being a starter? At best, he seems like the #5 guy.
Williams
Fletcher
Boykin
Carroll
Probably Watkins
Marsh
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 16 2014, 03:58 PM) *
Where is there talk of him being a starter? At best, he seems like the #5 guy.
Williams
Fletcher
Boykin
Carroll
Probably Watkins
Marsh

You nailed it! Marsh won't even make the team this year. My money is on Williams, Carroll and Boykins (keep him inside where he belongs).
Fletch and Watkins are our backups. We will always have Jenkins as an emergency back up and we will probably be keeping at least 4 Ss and Watkins would have his role as the emergency S needs be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.