Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jags D looks legit
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
koolaidluke
Their offense is still shit but they can play defense. Great test for the Eagles opening week.
JeeQ
Always had a "Trap Game" feeling from the opener, but now it's looking like a legitimate possibility
koolaidluke
Their offense is so abysmal I can't see them beating the Eagles. They'll probably score 10 points.

I bet the Eagles O will struggle though and their will be unrest in the Eagles fan base.
mcnabbulous
Bortles is going to be a star, but we won't have to worry about that.

I think we'll win easily in week 1. Chip will have plenty of new tricks up his sleeve to kick off year 2.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 15 2014, 12:19 PM) *
I think we'll win easily in week 1.

agreed

Bortles is going to be a star

not agreed
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 15 2014, 02:59 PM) *
not agreed

Curious what you don't like about him. Just the eyeball test?
koolaidluke
Pretty much. He might be a good player but I don't see anything to make me think he will be a "star". Unless you want to count guys like Joe Flacco as stars because I would say that is his absolute ceiling and I don't even expect him to be that good.

Hot girlfriend though.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 15 2014, 09:19 AM) *
Bortles is going to be a star, but we won't have to worry about that.

I think we'll win easily in week 1. Chip will have plenty of new tricks up his sleeve to kick off year 2.

Now it's officially a trap game
koolaidluke
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 15 2014, 05:19 PM) *
Now it's officially a trap game

For it to be a trap game, doesn't the other team need at least a chance in hell to win? This would be like a Douglas-Tyson upset if the Jags won. I would be shocked if the Eagles don't win by at least 10.

And for the record, I called the Minny game last year so I know that trap games happen. But Jags beating the Eagles is just too much.

mcnabbulous
Bortles is definitely legit.
make_it_rain
well we get henne in week 1 anyway, so if bortles does turn into a star the eagles won't feel his wrath.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 14 2014, 10:00 PM) *
Their offense is still shit but they can play defense. Great test for the Eagles opening week.

Gee, who woulda thunk? The architect of the best defense in recent memory can even go to Jacksonville and build something up there?

This is why a lot of people here wanted Bradley. I'm perfectly happy with Chip at this point, we went offense and Jax went defense. Despite the predictable snide comments from jerkoff Reid apologists last year after week 2 about Bradley, it was clear which way they were headed after awhile. If their offense doesn't turn the ball over 4 times a game, they can push .500 and even beyond with their schedule.

As for week 1, Jags +11 is a good bet. I still think we pull it out, and for Chip's sake, he better hope we do. Everyone seems to be looking past them as an easy victory, not wise in the NFL.

*edit O/U is 52.5 right now, pretty easy decision taking the under there too.
mcnabbulous
This throw by Bortles is pretty ridiculous, considering he doesn't even have the chance to step into it.

https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/5051...6993024/photo/1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.