Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Half Observations
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
First and Foremost:

Football is Back Baybee!!!

It's been a long time of pitiful basketball, pathetic baseball and disappointing hockey and finallly....................

The Good:

Josh Huff KOR. Has some giddyup. Caveat, a long list of preseason kick return TD's that have fizzled out but I like this longstrider.

Mark Sanchez looked great. Very confident in his reads, pretty good accuracy, great command. It looks like we may be OK at backup

Malcolm Jenkins - nice hit. Need that at safety.

Ced Thorton - strong again!

Vinny Curry - get this guy on the field. Always puts the pressure on.

Defensive pressure I thought was good.

The Bad

Foles uncomfortable in the pocket. This comes after the press has reported he was just average in camp lately. A tiny bit concerned.

The OL holds by Mathis and Peters

The Ugly

All those penalties!!!!

Birdwatcher
Not worried at all about Foles, and some of the rooks look like they have potential.

J Mathews drops are a bit more concerning to me, too many kudos from camp for what he showed tonight.
JeeQ
The Eagles have been struck by reality tonight
koolaidluke
Football is an ugly game. Especially early in the season.

I'm really proud of the fans for not getting carried away by what we saw tonight. Any other city would be losing their shit.
SAM I Am
I wonder how many so-called knowledgeable Eagles fans (nitwits) --- led by the head nitwit, Angelo Cataldi --- on talk radio will calling for Sanchez to be the starter after one bad quarter of preseason football by Foles.
JeeQ
Going to say this now because I may never be able to say it again... at least I hope so...

I wish Foles could have played as well as Mark Sanchez last night
TGryn
Liked what we saw of #90 M. Smith last night. Very, very early, I know, but he reminds me a little of Kearse in terms of body type and number.

Sproles looked OK in limited action. Tucker looked good.

Beau Allen lived up to what we've been hearing about him from practice.
nephillymike
The day after, the three things that still stick out in my mind:

1. Foles happy feet in the pocket. He looked rushed and harried and threw the ball up for grabs in what appeared like a panic move. He did have a pass rush to contend with, but not a terrible rush. He did have some penalties that hurt but nothing he shouldn't have overcome. It was like that Dallas game. Scary.

2. Sanchez ease and comfort with the offense. Very encouraging.

3. Beau Allen. One of the main reasons we lost to NO was our inability to hold the point of attack. Allen will fix that. Meet our starting NT by week five.

Any other day after post mortems.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 9 2014, 08:53 PM) *
The day after, the three things that still stick out in my mind:

1. Foles happy feet in the pocket. He looked rushed and harried and threw the ball up for grabs in what appeared like a panic move. He did have a pass rush to contend with, but not a terrible rush. He did have some penalties that hurt but nothing he shouldn't have overcome. It was like that Dallas game. Scary.

2. Sanchez ease and comfort with the offense. Very encouraging.

3. Beau Allen. One of the main reasons we lost to NO was our inability to hold the point of attack. Allen will fix that. Meet our starting NT by week five.

Any other day after post mortems.

Always fun.......preseason analysis....

Foles scares you? Because he looked so good last preseason?

IT IS PRESEASON!!!! and the first live action to boot....

Sanchez (who I like) was playing against the 2s...he better look good.....

Allen has the size....lets hope against hope he is good as he moves up against better talent...

The 2 games I hate to watch are the 1st and last preseason games........they tell you so little about any player...
HOUSEoPAIN
Mark Sanchez looked great. Very confident in his reads, pretty good accuracy, great command. It looks like we may be OK at backup

Yeah, as long as the opposition plays their 2nd team defense against us all year, we should be just fine..... rolleyes.gif

All those penalties!!!!

Honestly, I couldn't wait to turn the damn game off after Foles came off. It was flat-out unwatchable. Apparently they're trying to emphasize certain penalties in the preseason. I was happy to see football back, but seeing flags on every play was not fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.