Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of the most anticipated seasons in a while
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
It's hard to remember when the Eagles have had an upcoming season that has as much potential salted with as many questions as 2014 has. Media members who historically have been Philadelphia haters are offering wildly optimistic predictions even following the outright release of what many describe as one of the team's best players. The team's #1 pick of 2013 is playing with the second stringers and will be suspended for the first four games.

It's hard to swallow, but it even seems like the draftees are (ulp) doing well, 2012, 2013 and 2014. The power offense from 2013 shows signs of improving and the weak-kneed defense of last year looks like it could be competent at the worst. Even the much criticized FA additions are either shining or appear to be solid additions. Could the critics have been (second ulp) wrong?

This could be a more exciting season than last year, it could be even-keeled or it could be disappointing if the rest of the league figured Chip out. This is popcorn, edge-of-your-seat sports entertainment but this corner of the Eagle Empire is disappointingly quiet.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 7 2014, 08:25 AM) *
This could be a more exciting season than last year, it could be even-keeled or it could be disappointing if the rest of the league figured Chip out.

That's what is great about Chip. There isn't anything to figure out. The nature of his style is simply to exploit your weakness. The focus is on execution, substance over style.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 7 2014, 08:25 AM) *
Media members who historically have been

know-nothing whores who play off of each other and jump on bandwagons when it suits them are now jumping on this bandwagon. Whatever. Collinsworth and the rest can suck a dick.

That being said, I don't think we've moved up in the NFC pecking order - we're still light years away from Sea and SF, and NO and GB are better when healthy. This is Chip's defining year, to see how far he can take this team in their 2nd year of his system, with 2 drafts under his belt.
koolaidluke
San Fran is in terminal decline. I have no idea why they get so much respect. Their D is overrated and decaying and Kaepernick is gigantic fraud who completes 56% of his passes.

Seattle is going to come down to earth in a big way now that they can no longer mug the shit out of receivers.

Carolina sucks and were a 1 year wonder last season.

The top teams in the NFC right now (in no particular order) are the Eagles, Saints, Packers, Bears and Cardinals. I would place the Eagles at the bottom of that list, to be honest, but I'd put them on about the same level as the Whiners, Falcons and the Seagulls.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 7 2014, 12:22 PM) *
San Fran is in terminal decline. I have no idea why they get so much respect. Their D is overrated and decaying and Kaepernick is gigantic fraud who completes 56% of his passes.

Seattle is going to come down to earth in a big way now that they can no longer mug the shit out of receivers.

The top teams in the NFC right now (in no particular order) are the Eagles, Saints, Packers, Bears and Cardinals. I would place the Eagles at the bottom of that list, to be honest, but I'd put them on about the same level as the Whiners, Falcons and the Seagulls.

bwc2112
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 7 2014, 12:22 PM) *

Do you spell it Doosh or Douche ? The Eagles are always on top. If you bleed GREEN. Smoke that while playing with the dictionary. Die Hard fan since 1969 and grew up in NY (not the city side) .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.