Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: ESPN Outside the Lines "Kelly Tough"
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TGryn
Really touching ESPN feature on former Bills QB Jim Kelly's struggle with cancer. Worth a watch:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11299628
nephillymike
That's a tough break.

Interesting that he never wanted to know what stage he's in. I think if it were me I'd want to know that, not that I would tell anyone.

It hits home today. I found out today that a coworker's cancer has just returned after a two year absence. He's a good guy and has had several bad breaks lately.

Life is precious. You never know.

Like A. Williams said in his HOF speech:

Begin with the end in mind. It's from Steven Covey's famous book "the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People"

It is a heavy scene early in that book. It takes you to your wake where you're lying in the coffin and people are coming up to pay their last respects. Covey asks: What do you want your family and friends to say about you? Use your efforts in life to making that become reality. How many say on their death bed that I wish I had just one more day to go to the office and finish up some work?

Any of you have not read that book, it's well worth the $10.
TGryn
I call cancer the "Great Destroyer."

Intellectually I can appreciate that we're all now living long enough that we're not dying of other things much earlier. But that doesn't make it any easier when someone I know has to confront it. I've been fortunate than none of my immediate family or loved ones have been lost to it yet, but I know that day will come.

Kelly's family has been through so much, more than many of us could bear. I hope he gets his wish to walk his daughters up the aisle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.