Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ya Gotta Love It
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Flying Dutchman
Anybody with two brain cells to rub together should have expected it. Our wannabee, "One Man Team" duschbag McJackson
has already turned the corner and is dumping shit on Philly fans.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/...lphia-fans.html

Now the supreme icing on the cake is Chip Kelley telling all the "duschbag defenders" how it really was in their NFL season last year. So
much for their "DJ's speed made it easy for Cooper and McCoy to have such good years because he always required double coverage. Without him (DJ) now the skys will be falling! Oh Woe is Us"!!!
http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia-eagle...-double-covered
nephillymike
Good stuff.
Makes sense.

However, even if he never freed up one S for another WR, he still had an real good year with his production and his speed was a huge factor in his success.

One thing for certain, it made no sense to not use his money to improve our defense. Trying to win a Super Bowl on a budget of 85% of cap space is foolish. Leaves too little room for error.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 29 2014, 11:38 PM) *
Good stuff.
Makes sense.

However, even if he never freed up one S for another WR, he still had an real good year with his production and his speed was a huge factor in his success.

One thing for certain, it made no sense to not use his money to improve our defense. Trying to win a Super Bowl on a budget of 85% of cap space is foolish. Leaves too little room for error.

One step at a time . There are some guys that are a priority to resign and they won't come cheap when we can do it, like St. Nick!
Flying Dutchman
I know there are fans here and everywhere who doubted Cooper's performance last year and explained away much of his success as a byproduct of DJ's presence. Kelley's words above added credence to RC's success and now we get this great quote from Cary Williams about him in this camp: "You still got Riley Cooper who's coming out working his tail off. He's taken a ridiculous jump from last year so I expect big things from him." Coop is listed as being 6'4" @230 lbs but Kelley recently said he is now up to 235. When I think of that ridiculous one handed sky-high grab he made last year against the Crudnals IIRC, I would love to see his performance and some of his leaps take another jump up.
PS:When I think about it, with Williams being perhaps the least of Coop's admirers last year this is one hell of a statement.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Jul 30 2014, 11:45 AM) *
I know there are fans here and everywhere who doubted Cooper's performance last year and explained away much of his success as a byproduct of DJ's presence. Kelley's words above added credence to RK's success and now we get this great quote from Cary Williams about him in this camp: "You still got Riley Cooper who's coming out working his tail off. He's taken a ridiculous jump from last year so I expect big things from him." Coop is listed as being 6'4" @230 lbs but Kelley recently said he is now up to 235. When I think of that ridiculous one handed sky-high grab he made last year against the Crudnals IIRC, I would love to see his performance and some of his leaps take another jump up.
PS:When I think about it, with Williams being perhaps the least of Coop's admirers last year this is one hell of a statement.

I agree Dutch. That is high praise considering the source. Surprising actualy.

So if cooper was successful in mending fences with Williams, he must have mende them with the other teammates.
JeeQ
Week 3 got a lot more interesting
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Jul 29 2014, 09:46 PM) *
Anybody with two brain cells to rub together should have expected it. Our wannabee, "One Man Team" duschbag McJackson
has already turned the corner and is dumping shit on Philly fans.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/...lphia-fans.html

Now the supreme icing on the cake is Chip Kelley telling all the "duschbag defenders" how it really was in their NFL season last year. So
much for their "DJ's speed made it easy for Cooper and McCoy to have such good years because he always required double coverage. Without him (DJ) now the skys will be falling! Oh Woe is Us"!!!
http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia-eagle...-double-covered

The link just went to philly.com. Can you link directly to what DeSean said?
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jul 31 2014, 03:12 PM) *
The link just went to philly.com. Can you link directly to what DeSean said?

QUOTE (Desean Jackson)
"It is different. They're very supportive here. They're open. You know, being out on the field you hear certain things, but they are good things. In Philly sometimes things could get a little negative. They booed their own players. But here you don't really get that. They are here supporting you. Just as many people come to our (morning practice) that come to our walk-through practices, so that shows you something, to not really have a practice and people are still sitting here through a walk-through, they are really big fans."

To be honest he's completely correct and I'm proud of it. You play like shit then prepared to get boo'd bitch!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jul 31 2014, 09:26 PM) *
To be honest he's completely correct and I'm proud of it. You play like shit then prepared to get boo'd bitch!

But they never say that - they simply leave it at 'booing' as if we boo people for fun, and not when gazillionaire divas play like shit or take plays off. What an asshole.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.