Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evan Mathis
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I don't know if this is just that we're seeing a class guy who puts team before self or if it's a product of Kelly's new "culture." Whatever, I'm glad he didn't hold out and I hope he doesn't get screwed.
"I try to look at it my point of view, try to look at it from their point of view. I didn't want to have a negative impact on the team. I didn't want to send the wrong message to the players, coaches, fans. I look at what I'm doing as doing the right thing in the situation."
Linc ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 26 2014, 04:52 AM) *
I don't know if this is just that we're seeing a class guy who puts team before self or if it's a product of Kelly's new "culture." Whatever, I'm glad he didn't hold out and I hope he doesn't get screwed.
Linc ...

I agree.

I'd like to see him get a minor restructure. Maybe throw e few million in a sb with a few million in performance bonuses. I'm OK with some downside protection for the team also.
Eyrie
I'd wait until midseason.

If he's still playing at an elite level and has kept his head down, then the new deal can be seen as a reward for that rather than a response to him talking about a new deal during the offseason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.