Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking prices raised to $35
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
I can't find link from anything other than blogs, but they're talking about it on WIP, that Eagles parking prices will be jacked up to $35 this year, up from $25. That is absolutely outrageous.

The last time I was at the Linc was in 2010, I went to 2 games that year, both tickets offered dirt cheap from a friend. Buying a couple decent tickets for a lower-demand game, parking, and having a couple beers and a couple hot dogs per person must run a total of well over $500 - two good tickets and a division rivalry game and that could go well over $800 or beyond. Our home field advantage (or lack of it) has basically been priced right out the window, any rabid blue collar fans still paying for this shit are choosing football games over retirement. I would argue this was by design, turning Eagles football into a corporate/family friendly event - anyone who can afford to bring a family of 4 to a game certainly won't be throwing $10 beers at Cowboys fans.

Anyone here still season ticket holders?
nephillymike
I went in on season tickets with a few others for the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

Our intent was to go to one or two games and sell the rest to pay for the games we went to.

In both years, we actually only attended one regular season game and sold the rest.

For both years, when all was said and done, we broke even but not enough to cover the game we went to. And it was work selling the tickets. We ate a few games too.

Last year, we did not get the season tix but just went to one game at a cost of about $110 per upper level ticket. Slightly more than our net cost both years we owned tickets, but not the hassle.

The $10 increase in parking is outrageous. 40% increase. Disgrace.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 23 2014, 08:21 PM) *
The $10 increase in parking is outrageous. 40% increase. Disgrace.

I always thought about doing what you did for the resale value, but you said you didn't even break even considering the game you went to. Ugh.

Yeah I figured after last year ticket prices might go up, but $10 tacked on to parking?!?!? Even the Phillies only increased the price $1 to $16 this year.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jul 24 2014, 12:43 PM) *
I always thought about doing what you did for the resale value, but you said you didn't even break even considering the game you went to. Ugh.

Yeah I figured after last year ticket prices might go up, but $10 tacked on to parking?!?!? Even the Phillies only increased the price $1 to $16 this year.

With the team being better this year, you may have a better shot at making money, or at least making your game a free one.

When the team under performed as it did in 2011 and 2012, that's when it goes sour.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.