Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fans Feel Disrespected because of rankings
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Lately there have been a lot of off season rankings that have come out and the title lists where the Eagles, Foles and Kelly were ranked in the NFL based on recent rankings.

So, where do you have each of them ranked?

Here's a few ground rules:

With the team, where do we rank at a neutral site, week one of this year, everyone on all teams healthy. It's strictly head to head, not who will get in the playoffs b/c of schedule or division etc. Head to head, neutral field week one.

With the coaches. If you can think of neutral talent, How many does Chip get the better of? Although hard to do, we're trying to get at coaching ability. Use history or promise to you own degree.

QB's. You need to win this year or you lose your job. Assume that nay others can get up to speed fast enough to be ready to roll week one (and looking at it another way, assume Foles can go anywhere else and get up to speed ready to roll week one. Where does Foles rank?

A few reminders:

Newer coaches - Trestman, Caldwell, Zimmer, L. SmithPhilbin, marrone, Pettine, Pagano, Wisenhunt, O'Brien, McCoy, Allen.

Up in the air expected starting QB's - Cassel, McCown TB, Locker Ten, Henne Jax, Fitz, Hou, Schaub Oak.

Have at it!
nephillymike
Here's my list:

Eagles 13th, behind (in no particular order):

Sea, SF, Ari, Car, NO, GB, NE, Den, Ind, KC, SD, Cin

KC and SD beat us in our house, we beat an injured Ari in our house with a few very fortunate calls in the end. cin is probably 12th on the list just ahead of us based on better W-L record last year.

Chip - 9th behind, in no particular order:

McCarthy, Payton, Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, Bellicheat, John Harbaugh, M. Tomiln, M. Smith

Here are some of the regular season W-L records of the last five years for coaches I had below Chip:

Fox, Lewis, Reid 44-36
Coughlin 43-37
Arians 19-9 (10-6 last year and 9-3 filling in for Pagano)

Coughlin's 2 SB are worthy for sure, but most years, the records he got into the playoffs with those two years wouldn't even make the playoffs. Not overly impressed with him.

Arains, to early to tell.

I just think head to head, Chip would out coach all those I have below him.

Foles - 11th.

Behind in no order:
Rogers, Brees, Ryan, Wilson, Brady, Luck, P. Manning, Rivers, Flacco, Roethlisberger.

A lot of guys are close, Newton, Kaepernick, Romo, Stafford, Eli, but I'll take Foles over them. I think I'd have Romo at #12. Everyone raves about Luck, and he does have great comebacks, but he just doesn't perform at near top tier IMO. Way too careless with the football IMO. I still put him ahead of Foles at #10, but the dude sucked for a long time vs. KC and needed an Andy Reid meltdown and a fortuitous fumble bounce to get his but out of the sling in that home game vs. KC. Eli...........meh.

Anyone?

HOUSEoPAIN
Sea, SF, Ari, Car, NO, GB, NE, Den, Ind, KC, SD, Cin

I'd put us ahead of Ari, Ind, KC, SD, and Cin. I know KC and SD beat us last year, but that was very early.

McCarthy, Payton, Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, Bellicheat, John Harbaugh, M. Tomiln, M. Smith

Tomlin is the Erik Spoelstra of the NFL, completely overrated and has a good resume from riding his predecessor's success (and/or having the best player in the world). Smith and the Falcons are already known for big game choking and he's only been there a couple years. I'd rank Arians up there. As for Chip, this season will tell us all we need to know if he's the real deal or not (provided Foles doesn't break his neck in week 1).

Foles it's way too early to tell.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jul 20 2014, 07:21 PM) *
I'd put us ahead of Ari, Ind, KC, SD, and Cin.

I'd also put us ahead of Carolina. I think Cam is the real deal and has developed into a great QB, but they haven't done enough in the off-season to improve his situation. The o-line was questionable, and they lost 2/3 quality linemen that they did have. Not to mention, Every wide receiver who caught a pass for the Panthers last year is now on a different team. Kelvin Benjamin, rookie WR, will have a great deal of pressure on him.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Jul 21 2014, 12:13 PM) *
I'd also put us ahead of Carolina. I think Cam is the real deal and has developed into a great QB, but they haven't done enough in the off-season to improve his situation. The o-line was questionable, and they lost 2/3 quality linemen that they did have. Not to mention, Every wide receiver who caught a pass for the Panthers last year is now on a different team. Kelvin Benjamin, rookie WR, will have a great deal of pressure on him.

Yeah I was going to put Car in there as well, but only because of their record last year and Cam being proven. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a .500 season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.