Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Three measly open training camp practices this year
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Man, do I miss the good ole days when camp was held at West Chester, then Lehigh. (Good Ole Grueling Two a Days back then --- I'll bet the players miss those rolleyes.gif )

You could attend most of them if you so desired. And access to the players and the field was FANtastic.

Now, unless you are one of the "limited number of guests", you are limited to going to three training camp practices, on specific dates.

With that said, this is the schedule for the three open dates:

Two of the three open practices are scheduled to be held at Lincoln Financial Field on Monday, July 28 and Sunday, August 3. No tickets in advance are required.

The third open practice will be on Sunday, August 10 at Franklin Field --- home to the Philadelphia Eagles from 1958 through 1970. Tickets in advance will be required to attend this open practice. Tickets will be available beginning on Wednesday, July 16 (tomorrow) at 10 am by logging onto PennAthletics.com/Eagles The link isn't working at this time, but most likely will become available tomorrow as it gets close to 10:00AM. (Ticketing questions can be answered by calling 215-898-6151 or emailing tickets@pobox.upenn.edu.)

All three of the open practices are "slated" to start at 12:15PM.

I'm going to try to get some tickets for the Franklin Field practice when they become available tomorrow morning, and I most likely will attend one of the practices held at the Linc.

If anyone is interested in going, let me know. We could get together for a mini tailgate maybe.

Eagles announce training camp dates
Zero
West Chester was smaller, more intimate and less attended. It was a great opportunity to get up close to the players both in practice and when they were coming out and leaving the field.
nephillymike
My sons went down last year with some friends and because of the lack of tackling and other lack of contact, they said they had no interest in going back. I assume many of last year's crowd will feel the same and attendance will be down this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.