Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Phillies
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
My thought is you completely gut the team.

Sell everyone from Hamels to the bat boy and get a whole bunch of prospects, preferably AA or higher so they get here sooner.

Save the salary, take the big attendance hit for a year, and stock up for 2016.

I'm thinking if we do a complete sell off and eat some millions in salary, we should be able to get 15 or so top 100 prospects to stock the minors with and just fill out the roster with mid to low tier free agents while we wait for the youngsters to mature.

May be they can even find a spot for Ruf.

Fire Amaro as that guy has no clue on how to pick major or minor league talent.

Gut the talent evaluators and coaching of the minors as they can't develop film in a dark room.

And Sandburg? He's a fundamentals guy right? The fundamentals of this team has been significantly worse than Charlie and that's tough to do. It isn;'t like Sandburg is a great tactician either. I give him a year, max.

Just wathced Domonic Brown strike out again. Get him the fuck out of here ASAP.

I will miss Utley a lot, Lee a lot, Hamels some, but the rest, not so much.

Keep Giles, Ashe and a few young bull pen arms.

So I keep maybe five of the 25 and sell of or cut the rest.

We'll have the Sixers tanking, the Phils in serious rebuild, the Flyers stuck in 1975 and no desire of a culture change.

That leaves us just the Eagles.

God, please help them be our saving grace.

Zero
We are destined to worse than you want with the Phils. Amaro won't be fired and he won't strip the team. I agree it would be best but it's a dream that may leave your sheets sticky. What we will see is the team acquiring one or two mid-to-low level players at the deadline in expressed hopes of making a final run with the old 2008 core.

I'm not a fan of group ownership. Tough decisions are hard to come by.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 7 2014, 10:10 PM) *
My thought is you completely gut the team.

Sell everyone from Hamels to the bat boy and get a whole bunch of prospects, preferably AA or higher so they get here sooner.

Save the salary, take the big attendance hit for a year, and stock up for 2016.

I'm thinking if we do a complete sell off and eat some millions in salary, we should be able to get 15 or so top 100 prospects to stock the minors with and just fill out the roster with mid to low tier free agents while we wait for the youngsters to mature.

Yes, logical and makes sense. And about as likely to happen as exchanging Domonic Brown for Mike Trout. Amaro isn't going anywhere, and he sure as shit won't be the one who guts this team, no matter how bad we are. He'd rather make just enough moves to keep us around .500 and justify his job than truly rebuild, and frankly I don't want him to be the one who rebuilds us anyway. And thankfully for him, Sandberg has made enough dipshit moves this year to take some of the focus off of Amaro. To all Charlie-haters out there, go fuck yourselves by the way.

We can only dream that someone in the FO is convincing Amaro to sell our 'stars' off to contenders at the trade deadline, to replenish our farm system or to get some younger players. Hamels and Papelbon are having great years, Utley is an AS starter again, and even Howard and Lee would get a good price. Instead, we get to watch them all finish with 70 wins as they age another year and ticket prices go up. Again.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jul 8 2014, 10:06 AM) *
He'd rather make just enough moves to keep us around .500

That ship has sailed.
TGryn
I hate to add to an already depressing season, but we may not be able to get much for many of our "star" guys like Lee and Howard because of their contracts, specifically the option clauses that were included in them. It remains to be seen whether the ownership will sign on to eating a lot of that as dead money for guys no longer on the team, but that's what it will take to move them for any meaningful return.
make_it_rain
I don't really like baseball, so I don't really follow the phillies and forgive me if this is off base but I heard somewhere yesterday that without Marlon Byrd the team would be batting something like .109?

That can't be serious, can it?

HOUSEoPAIN
I don't really like baseball, so I don't really follow the phillies and forgive me if this is off base but I heard somewhere yesterday that without Marlon Byrd the team would be batting something like .109?

That can't be serious, can it?

Of course not, most starting pitchers bat well above .109 - maybe they meant with runners in scoring position? That would certainly make a hell of a lot of sense.

Oh and before I go, we do have a couple utility guys batting below .109 - Freddy Galvis is 2 for 42 (.048) for example. Also, with 92 at-bats to his credit, Tony 'Got Momma's Genes' Gwynn Jr. is batting a cool .174 - just below Burnett, Lee, and Hamels.

TheFinger
We could show them some love. I read a article a couple days ago that said that and the writer had the rite idea.

http://eaglemaniacal.com/2014/07/06/lets-s...lies-some-love/
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TheFinger @ Jul 9 2014, 06:31 AM) *
We could show them some love. I read a article a couple days ago that said that and the writer had the rite idea.

http://eaglemaniacal.com/2014/07/06/lets-s...lies-some-love/

TheFinger
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jul 9 2014, 11:09 AM) *

giggity! laugh.gif
nephillymike
Five game winning streak baybee!!!!

Our playoff probability must have skyrocketed after this recent surge right?

Well, not exactly.

We've improved to a whopping 0.6% shot to make the postseason.

Not a typo. Not 60%, not 6%. 0.6%.

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled program..........................
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 12 2014, 12:03 AM) *
Five game winning streak baybee!!!!

Our playoff probability must have skyrocketed after this recent surge right?

Well, not exactly.

We've improved to a whopping 0.6% shot to make the postseason.

Not a typo. Not 60%, not 6%. 0.6%.

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled program..........................

Today they were discussing how the last starter of note we developed was Utley, the last SP of note Cole Hamels, and the last closer of note Bottalico/Gomes. Ricky B. was guest hosting, and the subject was Giles, who we'll see about. boohoo.gif
TGryn
Well, Lee getting rocked in his last rehab start has to be worrying. I remember how Halladay never was quite the same guy after one of his last injuries, and it just went downhill from there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.