Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did Lurie say he was moving the Eagles?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
TheFinger
Did anybody else see a story about Jeffry Lurie moving the team? This was bombshell when I read it.

http://eaglemaniacal.com/2014/06/28/what-i...ved-the-eagles/

I looked on NFL.com, Birds 24/7 n 700 Level but none of them had the story.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TheFinger @ Jun 28 2014, 11:01 AM) *
Did anybody else see a story about Jeffry Lurie moving the team? This was bombshell when I read it.

The idea that Lurie would move the team to Boston even if he could is too ridiculous to even think about. The only comparable market in the country without an NFL franchise is LA, and there's no way the NFL would allow one comparable market to be abandoned to start up in another one. LA will get a team at some point, likely from one of the bottom feeding franchises.
Zero
QUOTE (TheFinger @ Jun 28 2014, 11:01 AM) *

Lurie bought the team from Norman Braman to keep the Eagles in Philadelphia. Braman threatened to move the team to Phoenix. Lurie has said too many times that he's committed to Philadelphia.
TheFinger
I had to go back and read what he wrote again. I think I just misunderstood. wacko.gif
TGryn
The only reason teams move anymore is because of issues with new stadium financing, and both the Linc and Novacare are relatively new facilities. I don't think Lurie's ownership was in any jeopardy during his divorce proceedings, either.

There's some Ravens fans who consider them an extension of the old Colts franchise that moved to Indianapolis, but personally I think that's a reach (although the Ravens' effort to reach out to the old Colts players, marching band, etc. is a nice touch). The Browns probably have more of a case that their team never moved, but just had a temporary cessation of activity...not that that's made their struggles since having to start over in expansion any easier to take.
Clamdigger
QUOTE (TheFinger @ Jun 28 2014, 02:34 PM) *
I had to go back and read what he wrote again. I think I just misunderstood. wacko.gif

Really? That's odd since you wrote the article, and have been spamming links to it on 2 other Eagles forums. Drink bleach, loser.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Clamdigger @ Jun 30 2014, 04:06 PM) *
Really? That's odd since you wrote the article, and have been spamming links to it on 2 other Eagles forums. Drink bleach, loser.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.