Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaun Huls
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/coa...3c-72f90ec57894

This guy might be the most important to the organization. Yeah, last year's injury free year was somewhat lucky, but the way this guy designs specific regimens for each player reduces the odds of injuries occurring. All the players and coaches now speak about enhancing recovery from each game before getting ready for the next one. In Reid's day they got Monday off, came back for Taco Tuesday, and on the Friday before the game it was Fast Food Friday...anyone see the staggering difference? Taking red meat off the menu, custom smoothies, proper nutrition, and extra sleep seemed amusing a year ago, but this year I see the value. And more importantly, it seems like all the players do too...I think there was one that didn't, but that is history now.

I could be wrong, but I think the birds are onto something, and by the time the league catches up we will have refined the process while other teams are learning how to condition their players the same way. Very interested to see how this year's team holds up with a bunch of the guys already two years into it.

Discuss...
Zero
This may be part of the reason why they seem to have discarded the "over 30" dismissals. But, believing in it, having one good injury year and having it truly be ground breaking reality could be different subjects. It's going to be interesting to see how they do this year but even two years doesn't make a pattern. If indeed it works, the league may not respond for another three or four years.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 17 2014, 06:23 AM) *
This may be part of the reason why they seem to have discarded the "over 30" dismissals. But, believing in it, having one good injury year and having it truly be ground breaking reality could be different subjects. It's going to be interesting to see how they do this year but even two years doesn't make a pattern. If indeed it works, the league may not respond for another three or four years.

Z, I have spent years developing a very similar routine for the Dutchess and I. We can attest
that it works just great! Despite both of us being now in our 70's we are arguably the fittest,
healthiest and certainly the strongest couple of retirees in this huge 120,000+ community.
I just uploaded a pic taken a few days ago as my new avatar. We seriously expect to be
better built and even healthier when we hit 80 than we are today. IMHO anybody who is
willing to study and adapt to the mountain of info out there has the same potential to extend,
who they are and what they do, young professional or old retiree, it's all there for those who
really want it.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Jun 17 2014, 04:14 PM) *
Z, I have spent years developing a very similar routine for the Dutchess and I. We can attest
that it works just great! Despite both of us being now in our 70's we are arguably the fittest,
healthiest and certainly the strongest couple of retirees in this huge 120,000+ community.
I just uploaded a pic taken a few days ago as my new avatar. We seriously expect to be
better built and even healthier when we hit 80 than we are today. IMHO anybody who is
willing to study and adapt to the mountain of info out there has the same potential to extend,
who they are and what they do, young professional or old retiree, it's all there for those who
really want it.

Kudos to you Dutch, and thanks for essentially dismissing yet another skeptic with actual proof that the science of conditioning has evolved dramatically in the last ten years. If you read this guy's resume it shows he was in a position to utilize the cutting edge of this science in training some of the toughest warriors ever. Now this guy is helping our team develop and maintain their bodies far more efficiently than anything from the Reid era, and even across the league. The guys who bought in last year felt the results and are fully committed to it now, making it easier to get new acquisitions to follow the program too.

I also think the 'up tempo' this year may make last year seem a little slow.
Zero
My "wait and see" point is about injuries, not fitness.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 18 2014, 05:22 AM) *
My "wait and see" point is about injuries, not fitness.

Broken bones are gonna happen in such a violent sport. That said some of the training the eagles do
helps to strengthen those same bones and may lead to fewer injuries and or shorter recovery times. I recover several times faster than my fellow retirees around here. Beyond the injuries I believe that the fitness portion is of extreme importance to the teams performance not just in keeping up with the pace Kelly demands but for guys like Cole, Barwin, Peters, maybe even for McCoy (given the effective life of top RBs), it should affect their performance at age extending their careers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.