Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT for Pila
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HobbEs
Saturday August 2nd at the Linc.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to abandon my plans to go to Italy (or anywhere else) this year. But as I found out this past weekend in a sense Italy is coming to me!

Pila
Serie A is not what it used to be (hard fall from grace since the calcio giants were all caught buying referees, emphasis on Juventus), but I'm still surprised to see a catennaccio classico (always snore fests) being played in preseason, especially overseas. Generally old rivals avoid eachother in preseason, although a Roma derby (Roma - Lazio) or a Milan Derby (AC - Inter) would have been a real treat.

I don't have an Italian club preference, although some loyal reminents from the days of Rui Costa and Nuno Gomes in Fio's Viola remain. I suppose if I had to choose one, I'd go with Inter, just because of the not too distant Figo and Mourinho connection.

Too bad your holiday plans fell through - it could be just my aging impression, but the skirt on the European "calšada" seems to be improving with every passing year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.