Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phillies Mgt Blows
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Sent Ruf down.

It's bad enough they can't find talent, but even when they have a guy who can play on their squad, they still don't play him.

Sent Ruf down to Lehigh.

If they played this guy every day, he would lead the team in HR's.

Wasting a spot with Revere/Gwynn. Ruf is better than Brown.

Brown's throw to the plate yesterday, his base running today, and base running yesterday and overall lack of production should speak for itself.

But they send Ruf down.

Fucking idiots.
JaxEagle
Our ineptitude made us play 50 innings in 3 days, lose a reliever in Manship and forced the recall of Aumont which parlayed itself into another loss today as Aumont gave up a walk and a bomb in extras.
nephillymike
the brutality continues!

8 games under 500.

this team has no talent in the minors and no ability to identify any talent in may have.

The performance of any of their prospects has been a disgrace.
mcnabbulous
JP Crawford is literally the only thing this franchise has to look forward to. The fact that Amaro has kept his job over the past 2+ seasons is truly remarkable. Now he's in prime position to be the man leading the charge when we sell. Meaning we'll inevitably get fleeced.

He might be my least favorite Philadelphia sports figure of all time.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 4 2014, 10:17 AM) *
JP Crawford is literally the only thing this franchise has to look forward to. The fact that Amaro has kept his job over the past 2+ seasons is truly remarkable. Now he's in prime position to be the man leading the charge when we sell. Meaning we'll inevitably get fleeced.

They have to axe him before any decisions are made for our future.

I agree with all the extensions they gave and I'm OK with that.

But to not be able to get anything in talent in the farm system or to watch highly thought of prospects not develop it is time after time. It seems like anytime we've had a decision to make on what mid tier to bench type player to get for this team, we pick the wrong free agent. The guys on depth of this team are pathetic.

Fire Amaro and fire the guy in charge of the minor league system.

THEN start to clean house and rebuild with competent people in place making those decisions.
Reality Fan
As many of you know I am not one to beat up management on a whim...I liked Reid....hell, I even liked Collins and I was one of the few to love Charlie from the get go. That being said I cannot believe Amaro has a job. I like the guy but how anyone can defend his performance is unthinkable. He seems entrenched in making a mistake andthen sticking with it to prove he was right. Dom Brown was untouchable....he sucked for all but a 5 week period of his Philly existence but he stays.....Ruf gives them an adequate LF player with power and he is sent down...(now hurt).....they keep Mayberry...dud...they bring up Aumont who regularly proves he is not even good at triple A.....leave Giles on the farm to bring up a guy who has proven time and time again at all levels that he does not get it.

Move after move that makes you wonder wtf he is thinking.

His resigning players is defendable...Howard, Utley...all logical moves...Rollins not so much but even he is playing reasonably well.

After that it is an unmitigated disaster....

Fire him tomorrow.....it is already too late....unfortunately
mcnabbulous
How can anyone suggest the Howard extension was justifiable? He had 2 years left on his existing deal. There was no reason to sign that extension when they did. If they were going to sign that extension, it should have been at a steep discount. Instead, they gave him top of the market pricing.

Rollins and Utley were fine deals.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 4 2014, 11:17 AM) *

Some of the old-timers might hate Braman, Tose, Campbell and others more, but I might have to give Amaro my vote as well. His only 'talent' seems to be writing big checks, which a monkey can do. We've become the Mets, except they at least have some hope in their farm system.

This franchise has been completely destroyed, and since we're a big market team, management isn't going to allow for an enema like Miami has every 2 years. It's also clear they love Amaro. This is going to be a long, tough slog before we're ever good again.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 5 2014, 10:30 AM) *
How can anyone suggest the Howard extension was justifiable? He had 2 years left on his existing deal. There was no reason to sign that extension when they did. If they were going to sign that extension, it should have been at a steep discount. Instead, they gave him top of the market pricing.

Rollins and Utley were fine deals.

Wasn't he up to that point, on a top three of all-time pace of HR's and RBI's?

He had an awesome start as a hitter to his career.

Now you may be able to make an argument that any huge dollar contract doesn't pay off and that may be true. Problem is if you don't pay the good guys you got, you have to find good guys to replace them with and good luck with that and this mgt!
Reality Fan
read the CSN article and Ken Rosenthal's articale on Brandon Moss and the Philly experience....it makes you puke...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 5 2014, 09:01 PM) *
Wasn't he up to that point, on a top three of all-time pace of HR's and RBI's?

He had an awesome start as a hitter to his career.

Yeah he was a shoo-in for 500/1500 and a spot in the HOF when this deal was signed, and the Phillies were on their way to yet another couple of division titles and shots at a championship run. Getting a 5 year/125 million extension at the time was a proper deal for a superstar power hitter in his prime. All he had to do to earn it was stay healthy.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Jun 6 2014, 11:04 AM) *
Yeah he was a shoo-in for 500/1500 and a spot in the HOF when this deal was signed, and the Phillies were on their way to yet another couple of division titles and shots at a championship run. Getting a 5 year/125 million extension at the time was a proper deal for a superstar power hitter in his prime. All he had to do to earn it was stay healthy.....

Absolutely not. They were paying him for past services. He was 30 years old when the extension was signed. With two years left on his existing deal. Meaning he was going to be well through his prime when his contract was due to end.

The Phillies sensibly should have waited until his deal expired and evaluated his value at that time. Instead, they paid him a free agent level contract despite the fact that they controlled him. It was exactly the type of deal that summarizes RAJ's thinking.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 5 2014, 08:31 PM) *
read the CSN article and Ken Rosenthal's articale on Brandon Moss and the Philly experience....it makes you puke...

I just puked. Thanks for nothing.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 5 2014, 09:31 PM) *

Reality Fan
sorry.....I didn't want to be the only one who ruined a shirt....lol
SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 4 2014, 08:35 AM) *
the brutality continues!

8 games under 500.

this team has no talent in the minors and no ability to identify any talent in may have.

The performance of any of their prospects has been a disgrace.

Get used to it Mike, because it is going to take a new GM years to turn this thing around. The got nuttin right now.

At least we had 2008.
mcnabbulous
Commence even more puking. If this is true...
http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseb...nter-pence-deal
nephillymike
http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-philadel...rs-brandon-moss

And the hits just keep on coming.

Idiots.

Now Ruf is hurt recovering from running into a wall. Not a problem with Brown!
HOUSEoPAIN
After the Astros win today, they will be 1.5 games better than us. Their entire payroll is $44 million. Cliff Lee, Ryan Howard, and Cole Hamels combined will make $73.5 million this year.

Just let that sink in.....
JaxEagle
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jun 6 2014, 07:52 PM) *
Get used to it Mike, because it is going to take a new GM years to turn this thing around. The got nuttin right now.

At least we had 2008.

and at least a few years. i am prepping myself for no competitive baseball until at least 2017-2018. sad.gif
SAM I Am
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jun 8 2014, 07:57 PM) *
and at least a few years. i am prepping myself for no competitive baseball until at least 2017-2018. sad.gif
And that is only if they do it in a timely manner (starting like right now!), and get it right when they do it.

In other words, don't hold you breath.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jun 9 2014, 08:00 PM) *
And that is only if they do it in a timely manner (starting like right now!), and get it right when they do it.

In other words, don't hold you breath.

Yeah it's not so much 3-4 years from now, it's 3-4 years from whenever they finally kick RAJ's ass outta here. This team is so bad he might not even be safe. It'll be interesting to see what happens as the trade deadline approaches, when there will be some pressure to trade away a couple guys to contenders for prospects. RAJ will try his best to not do anything and to keep putting lipstick on this pig, before he gets rid of Utley or Lee.
mcnabbulous
Posted without comment:

Ruben Amaro doesn't know the difference between at bats and plate appearances
mcnabbulous
Posted without comment:

Ruben Amaro doesn't know the difference between at bats and plate appearances
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.