Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Good News
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The bad news:

Most folks calling in to local sports talk seem to think him unworthy of top 100 status,

BUT

if he duplicates what he did last year, maybe, just maybe, they'll start to believe.

What a town!

Unless the Jackson thing blows up in our faces, this is what this year will be about.

Since Foles had a 29-2 TD-INT ratio plus a great passer rating, anything less than that will be seen as justification for the doubters.

Dude has the highest passer rating ever after the 16 or so starts he had so far, but that's not good enough.

If our improvements elsewhere weren't good enough against this tough schedule (like I am concerned they weren't) and we slip to 9-7 or 8-8, and Foles has a "pedestrian" 35-8 TD/INT ratio with a middling top eight passer rating of 95 or so, this season will be about Foles.

Hopefully not, but based on the talk I'm hearing I fear it will be.

It's a shame. If he were less accurate and ran faster, these fucking idiots would love him.
Zero
Just caught this little tid bit: Jordan Matthews is in Los Angeles for an NFLPA event. WTF???
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 30 2014, 06:52 AM) *
The bad news:

Most folks calling in to local sports talk seem to think him unworthy of top 100 status,

How is this bad news? local sports talk callers are more or less subhuman, and basically always clueless.

I dont really put any stock in these polls/rankings/lists but am just fine that the team found their guy. Foles might bomb out and regress, he might be good, he might be great, but the one thing thats certain is that hes the guy for the foreseeable future. Lets just enjoy the show.

I was reading a few other nfl related sites the last few days though, and was very amused at how butthurt some Dallas fans were that Foles was ranked ahead of Romo in this poll. I think Foles is good. Romo is good too. But to get all your jimmies rustled over a poll from the players, in the middle of may is just lol.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ May 30 2014, 07:02 AM) *
Just caught this little tid bit: Jordan Matthews is in Los Angeles for an NFLPA event. WTF???

Not his choice, one rookie from each team is picked for this thing...whatever it is.

NFL mandated
JeeQ
Shame we released the player who ranked #63
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.