Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vinny Curry ... hometown super star?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I picked this up from here.
The offseason switch to a 3-4 brought up numerous question marks in regards to Curry. He had never played in a 3-4 before. All throughout college and his first season in the NFL Curry was a defensive end in a 4-3 system. At the combine he weighed in at a svelte 266 pounds. That size usually correlates to an outside linebacker in a 3-4. Curry never had ideal quickness for the position though (4.98 40 yard dash at the combine), and Chip Kelly rendered his decision stating that Curry would bulk up and play inside.

Any critics of the decision when preseason rolled around were quickly silenced. Curry was up to 279 pounds and looked like a natural. The second year pro recorded a sack and two hits in 25 snaps against the Patriots and then two pressures and two stops in just 17 snaps against the Panthers. Once the preseason was completed, Curry had a +10.7 overall grade in 105 snaps with a +4.5 run grade and a +5.7 pass rushing grade. The defensive end had amassed two sacks, four hits, five hurries and six stops for the third highest overall grade of any defensive linemen. While itís true that all those numbers were compiled in meaningless games, itís hard to just ignore that kind of production.
make_it_rain
I haven't been shy about this....I freaking love Curry.

I really hope he gets more snaps this season. Problem is, he's kind of in a tough spot playing behind Cox and Ced Thornton. He's been bulking up this offseason really trying to balance out his game and not be so dependent on his pass rush skills.

Hopefully he gets more snaps this season, even if it is in sub packages. Not like we couldnt use the pass rush help, thats for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.