Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Howie Roseman Speaks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/05/...-building-team/

Pretty much said they didn't sign Jackson because of needing to save the cap space for next year to sign all of the young All Pro's we have that they want to keep around long-term.

It's a shame we need to sock away 15% of the cap every year to sign next year's extensons and then squirrel 15% of next year's cap away to sign extensions for the players the year after that.

All along none of the recipients of those early extensions, the Pinkstons, Reggie Browns, Mike Patterson's etc are ever good enough to bring home a Lomabardi.

Shame about it is, nobody is doing the work to show just how good that cap really is versus other teams and how the cap boogie man is no where near the problem they say it is.

Only thing missing is Eskin up Howie's butt.

SSDD.

I give him credit for speaking about it though. I do appreciate him being accessible and seems like a good guy.

Shame the ignorance of the media makes it all too easy.

My face is blue. It ain't worth it.
Eyrie
There is a logic to that, because we are not at the stage where one player can make the difference between a good season and winning the SuperBowl. However this move requires the young players (Foles, Cox, Kendricks, Boykin etc) to play at a level which will justify them receiving big money extensions.

JeeQ
Never would've imagined money would've been the cause; especially when it comes to the Eagles

#GoldStandard happy.gif
Reality Fan
ahhh...the still quoted and still silly "gold standard" barb.....

Mikey...

we need to find an impartial breakdown of what the salary cap is expected to be vs what the cap situation will be with expected contract extensions and resignings.

The articles I have read seem to think this is far more of an issue than you do....I wonder who is correct....
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 24 2014, 05:56 PM) *
ahhh...the still quoted and still silly "gold standard" barb.....

Mikey...

we need to find an impartial breakdown of what the salary cap is expected to be vs what the cap situation will be with expected contract extensions and resignings.

The articles I have read seem to think this is far more of an issue than you do....I wonder who is correct....

Would you prefer #DreamTeam laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.