Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Two Three Four Five
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
#3 overall pick. a little disappointed as I wanted a top two, but as long s we get Parker or Wiggins at #3 I'm OK

Would love to see Emiid go 1 or 2 so we can get one of the two above.

First mock I saw post lottery, CLE takes Embiid, MIL Wiggins and us Parker.

The player we get at #10 was Gordon from Arizona.

McDermott goes #8, Harris #9.
make_it_rain
I was expecting much worse. Maybe its the inner pessimist in me growing up a philadelphia sports fan.

Considering we were ~45% to fall out of the top 3, I'm happy landing in there and holding on to the New Orleans #10. Here's hoping the Bucks or Cavs go for Embiid.

Clear MVP of the draft was the Buck's owners daughter though. Chick was fine as hell.
TGryn
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ May 20 2014, 07:22 PM) *
I was expecting much worse. Maybe its the inner pessimist in me growing up a philadelphia sports fan.

Me too. Worst case was that New Orleans hit the jackpot and got one the first three picks, which would have pushed our getting the pick to 2015 or later when it may not have been a lottery selection. I know the odds of that happening were only 0.4%, but Cleveland getting the first overall pick was only 1.1% likely, too.

The ideal scenario is finishing between 10-14 next year with a healthy Noel and the two rookie lottery players learning how to gel with MCW, in which case next year's pick would not transfer to Boston and would become 2nds in 2015 and 2016 (of which we already have a large horde), so we'd have one more lottery pick to finish off the rebuild. There's hope.
HobbEs
All I want to know is what does Gilbert have on Stern/Silver that they get three #1's in the past four years? Was this payment for LeBron leaving Cleveland?
mcnabbulous
I've wanted Parker all along, so #3 seems like a viable landing spot. He reminds me a lot of Paul Pierce.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ May 20 2014, 10:22 PM) *
Clear MVP of the draft was the Buck's owners daughter though. Chick was fine as hell.

I think we were all the winners there. biggrin.gif
koolaidluke
Can somebody please please please explain to me why NO traded the 6th overall and a lotto pick in exchange for Jru Holliday?

Jru Holliday is maybe worth a second rounder. He sucks. He is a rotational player. Why the hell did NO give away two extremely high picks for him? Makes no sense.

Does anybody have any explanation for why the trade was made? Was it controversial at the time?

p.s.: how bout that jailbait daughter of that one teams owner?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (TGryn @ May 21 2014, 09:04 AM) *
The ideal scenario is finishing between 10-14 next year with a healthy Noel and the two rookie lottery players learning how to gel with MCW, in which case next year's pick would not transfer to Boston and would become 2nds in 2015 and 2016 (of which we already have a large horde), so we'd have one more lottery pick to finish off the rebuild. There's hope.

wacko.gif

Just tell me who we picked and I'll watch the games. What a clusterfuck.
TGryn
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ May 21 2014, 12:21 PM) *
Does anybody have any explanation for why the trade was made? Was it controversial at the time?
I'll let them speak for themselves:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basket...y-goes-official
The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that they have acquired 2013 All Star Point Guard Jrue Holiday and Pierre Jackson, the 42nd overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, in exchange for the Pelicans first pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, with whom they selected Kentucky F Nerlens Noel, as well as the Pelicans top five lottery protected first round selection in next year's draft.

"Jrue is the ideal fit for our team having already established himself as an All-Star guard at the age of 23," said General Manager Dell Demps. "His leadership abilities also fit the culture we are developing for our franchise and he will be an integral addition to the Pelicans family for many years to come."

"We are very pleased with the opportunity to add a high character player with talent and experience to our roster like Jrue," said Head Coach Monty Williams. "We believe he will be an integral part of our program and help us continue in the positive direction we are headed as a team."
TGryn
http://the700level.com/basketball-sixers/g...the-tenth-pick/

Even Doctors get confused sometimes! Shouldn’t that card have shown the Pelicans? No! They simply swapped in the Sixers’ card instead because we get their pick. So that’s a good thing that the Sixers showed up at No. 10 because that means we get the Pelicans pick instead of New Orleans jumping into the top 5.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HobbEs @ May 21 2014, 10:21 AM) *
All I want to know is what does Gilbert have on Stern/Silver that they get three #1's in the past four years? Was this payment for LeBron leaving Cleveland?

Gilbert, Stern, Silver
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 20 2014, 11:15 PM) *
#3 overall pick. a little disappointed as I wanted a top two, but as long s we get Parker or Wiggins at #3 I'm OK

Would love to see Emiid go 1 or 2 so we can get one of the two above.

First mock I saw post lottery, CLE takes Embiid, MIL Wiggins and us Parker.

The player we get at #10 was Gordon from Arizona.

McDermott goes #8, Harris #9.

Mock I saw had us taking Embiid. Either way, there are 3 clear top players by most people's thinking. At least we can get one of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.