Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is your favorite draft pick?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
This was an interesting draft going from, what to many was a "huh" at 26 to all the moves Howie made throughout the three day event. Which Eagles pick do you like the best?

Everything I read about Jordan Matthews makes me think he could end up being the WR who could make the biggest splash from this draft class. I guess that would cause a chorus of "huhs." He has good size, good speed and good hands but I think the two things that could raise him to the top is his Rice-like dedication and the offense he'll be playing in. Not only did he lead the SEC in receiving, but he did it essentially as the only weapon on his offense. The defenses game planned to stop Matthews and he still had more yards than any other receiver in the conference. And, he graduated in 3 1/2 years with an economics degree from Vanderbilt, not a basket weaver from USC!

He says "every aspect" of his game needs work (Linc ...) and wants to be "one of the best ever."
Matthews pointed out that he only missed two practices in four years at Vanderbilt and truly values time on the practice field. Under Kelly, that work will prove crucial in learning the ins and outs of the Eagles' multifaceted offense.

"It's all about roles," Matthews said. "There are levels to becoming great in the NFL and that's one of the things you've gotta do as a rookie. ... You have to find your role and become the best at that before you can move on to a new one. That's what I'm going to be doing."

JeeQ
Matthews, no contest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.