Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Huff signs four year deal!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I guess the dude really wants to be in Philadelphia! That was quick.
Linc ...
JaxEagle
As far as I am concerned they should've told Marcus Smith, Josh Huff and Taylor Hart that we are going to draft you higher than projected and in exchange we expect you to take our initial contract offer.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ May 14 2014, 10:29 AM) *
As far as I am concerned they should've told Marcus Smith, Josh Huff and Taylor Hart that we are going to draft you higher than projected and in exchange we expect you to take our initial contract offer.

Except that Marcus Smith was NOT drafted higher than projected by the pros only higher than projected by the wannabee media blowhards. It seems clear now that Atlanta, Washington and quite possibly Dallas and one other team were all involved.
Zero
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ May 14 2014, 06:21 PM) *
Except that Marcus Smith was NOT drafted higher than projected by the pros only higher than projected by the wannabee media blowhards. It seems clear now that Atlanta, Washington and quite possibly Dallas and one other team were all involved.

I think I read that Seattle wanted him.
nephillymike
What is your expectation for Smith:

1. Future Pro Bowl Player
2. Solid Starter
3. Marginal Starter
4. Decent Situational Backup
5. Bottom Of Roster Backup
Zero
Solid starter with potential to go to Hawaii
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Zero @ May 14 2014, 08:46 PM) *
Solid starter with potential to go to Hawaii

Fairly said, I agree!
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 14 2014, 05:20 PM) *
What is your expectation for Smith:

1. Future Pro Bowl Player
2. Solid Starter
3. Marginal Starter
4. Decent Situational Backup
5. Bottom Of Roster Backup

devil03.gif
nephillymike
I'd say between 3&4. He starts out as situational, gets to marginal starter status and his limitations show and he's back to situational.

Hopefully I am wrong and he's solid with a Pro Bowl or two.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 15 2014, 08:10 PM) *
I'd say between 3&4. He starts out as situational, gets to marginal starter status and his limitations show and he's back to situational.

What are his limitations?
If anything, the sky is the limit with this guy. He's been playing defense for 3 years.
He's a solid 2 with 1 potential.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 15 2014, 09:10 PM) *

What are/were your expectations for Lane Johnson?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ May 16 2014, 04:58 AM) *
What are/were your expectations for Lane Johnson?

When he was drafted, a 1. A solid starter who gets to a PB. That is still my expectation.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 15 2014, 11:27 PM) *
What are his limitations?
If anything, the sky is the limit with this guy. He's been playing defense for 3 years.
He's a solid 2 with 1 potential.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/mar...mith?id=2543725

Also, as previously stated, he was dominated at the Senior Bowl in one on ones.

Hey, I hope he does real well. But he is no shoe in for success.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 16 2014, 08:11 PM) *

His limitations aren't physical. It's all experience. He's no shoe in, but I'm confident in our staff to use him appropriately.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 17 2014, 02:11 AM) *

No player is, but Smith has been drafted because the coaches believe he will be a success in our system. I'm confident that they have made the right choice and it's now up to both player and coaches to ensure that he reaches the expected level of play.
TGryn
This was interesting, apparently at least one scout liked one of our UDFAs more than Huff:
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...gonna-make-team via http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/5/...ent-signing-top
Kadron Boone runs a sub-4.5 in the 40-yard dash. He played for a powerhouse college program. Coming out of high school in Florida, he was ranked by recruiting services at the 12th-best receiver prospect in the country...But in his last year at Louisiana State, Boone played on the same squad as future first-round wideout Odell Beckham Jr., future second-round receiver Jarvis Landry and two running backs who were each last week drafted in the top five rounds.There just weren’t enough footballs for everyone. So Boone caught just seven passes for 129 yards and two touchdowns last year, a steep dropoff in production that led the 6-foot, 204-pound receiver to fall completely out of the draft and sign a rookie free-agent deal with the Eagles.
Said one AFC personnel man who scouted the former LSU wideout: “He’s gonna make that team.”
“He’s not a bad receiver; he’s a pretty good receiver,” the scout added. “He just got caught up in a place that has two pretty good receivers. He’s going to be fine. I honestly believe he can play either way (outside and slot), and that’s what’s going to benefit him.”
“He can run. He has good hands. Very competitive guy,” the personnel executive said. “You’ll see. He’s definitely gonna show up. It wouldn’t surprise me if he makes the team and actually contributes. I wouldn’t be surprised if he outplays Huff. It wouldn’t surprise me.”
nephillymike
Good, the more the merrier.

I am surprised they cut A. Benn. I would think they would let him compete. We need so many receivers for the up tempo, three QB's throwing at the same time, it would be nice to see what he's got.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 18 2014, 06:16 PM) *
I am surprised they cut A. Benn. I would think they would let him compete.

They just brough him back today. Apparently he restructured his deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.