Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Almost Trade Down With Minny
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
He said when we were on the clock at 26, we were in serious negotiations with Minny for a drop back so they could draft Bridgewater.

We wanted more than they were giving but it looked as if it was going to happen and near the end of our clock time Minny said no, leaving us with very liitle time to hand in our pick.

They were rushed per Eskin. Not that they would have a different pick, but the trade talk took away valuable time that they could have further discussed it.

I feel better that they looked to trade down. Shit happens. Looks like a lot things didn't go their way.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 13 2014, 10:56 PM) *
He said when we were on the clock at 26, we were in serious negotiations with Minny for a drop back so they could draft Bridgewater.

We wanted more than they were giving but it looked as if it was going to happen and near the end of our clock time Minny said no, leaving us with very liitle time to hand in our pick.

They were rushed per Eskin. Not that they would have a different pick, but the trade talk took away valuable time that they could have further discussed it.

I feel better that they looked to trade down. Shit happens. Looks like a lot things didn't go their way.

In the words of a classic song...

You can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need
Rick
I don't buy the whole, they were rushed. I mean, it's not like they didn't have MONTHS to decide which player(s) they wanted.
Flying Dutchman
And now we know they were also besieged by others like Atlanta and Washington who wanted #26 so they could also grab Smith before he was gone.
JeeQ
Thought it was clearly obvious when we went down to the final seconds while we were on the clock
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.