Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Not to Be Accused Of Only Criticism
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
In hindsight, we can assume that the positions the Eagles drafted were seen by them to be positions of need.

Using those needs and my "draft compilation", what could our draft have looked like.

Picking only those that were available at the time we picked, one scenario has us not trading down from#22 and the other grouping has us trading down to 26. I didn't assume another trade down from 26, although that may have been the most lucrative

Stay at #22: (Compilation Rank)

22. Dennard, CB (14)
54. A. Robinson, WR (39)
86. D. Moncreif, WR (69)
122 T. Smith, OLB (114)
162 E. Reynolds, FS (131)
224 J. Mauro, DE, (192)
UDFA Z. Kerr, DT (182)

Use Trade Downs We Used)

26. M. Lee, WR (17)
42 S. Tuitt, DE (30)
86 C. Bradford, OLB (79) or M. Smith, OLB (83)
101 K. McGill, CB (71)
141 J. Abbrederus, WR (92)
224. Z. Kerr, DT (182)

If I was really worried that the three 2nd-3rd round 34OLB's would not last to 86, then I would have done this:

26. M. Lee, WR (17)
42 J. Attaochu (44), C. Bradford OLB (79) or M. Smith, OLB (83)
86 D. Moncreif, WR (69)
101 K. McGill, CB (71)
141 T. Hart, DE (134)
224. Z. Kerr, DT (182)

FWIW, the other two higher rated OLB's, Attaochu and Bradford, didn't get drafted until #50 and #121 respectively, so chances remain that one of them lasts until #86. but Attaochu at #44 would have been nice value.
make_it_rain
Good post.

Here's one other alternative to consider, that we haven't talked about. The Dion Jordan trade eventually fizzled out, but supposedly it would have taken #22 and Brandon Graham to get it done.

Would you be OK with foregoing the trade (and extra pick) and giving up #22 and Graham to grab Jordan?
nephillymike
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ May 12 2014, 09:56 AM) *
Good post.

Here's one other alternative to consider, that we haven't talked about. The Dion Jordan trade eventually fizzled out, but supposedly it would have taken #22 and Brandon Graham to get it done.

Would you be OK with foregoing the trade (and extra pick) and giving up #22 and Graham to grab Jordan?

thanks rain.

If I could draft Dennard or Lee then no I wouldn't do it.

If you said I was going to draft Smith, then yes in a NY minute.

If/when I get time, I will
take a look at how the other off season decisions could have impacted this draft.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.