Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bryce Brown traded
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
For a pick next year. Was inevitable. A shame his immense talent just was never fulfilled.

Edit: 4th rounder next year (or apparently a possible 3rd in 2016)
Aitkens
it's now coming out that it is for a 4th in 2015, but could additionally be a 3rd in 2016. if that is the case, that could be a freaking steal for the Eagles.
make_it_rain
pretty inevitable, with Polk coming on last year and picking up Sproles.

Wonder if they can get something for Graham this draft as well.
Aitkens
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ May 10 2014, 01:01 PM) *
pretty inevitable, with Polk coming on last year and picking up Sproles.

Wonder if they can get something for Graham this draft as well.

Maybe it's just because I don't give a shit about Brandon Graham, but when did he start demanding to be traded? Also, what ground does he have to stand on? He's been a waste of a draft pick.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Aitkens @ May 10 2014, 01:04 PM) *
Maybe it's just because I don't give a shit about Brandon Graham, but when did he start demanding to be traded? Also, what ground does he have to stand on? He's been a waste of a draft pick.

Its not so much Graham demanding to be traded as it is Graham being a poor fit for the new defensive scheme. He would be a nice pickup for a team running a 4-3, and my guess is the eagles would take just about anything they could get for him.
Aitkens
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ May 10 2014, 01:08 PM) *
Its not so much Graham demanding to be traded as it is Graham being a poor fit for the new defensive scheme. He would be a nice pickup for a team running a 4-3, and my guess is the eagles would take just about anything they could get for him.

I don't see him as a good fit at all in the 4-3. He's undersized, with small arms. Unless he has lightning speed, he's a waste in the 4-3 at DE. His best bet is to be just a pass rusher in the 3-4, because of his inability to cover space. That's why he was never a good selection of the Eagles, since they were running the 4-3 at the time.
JeeQ
Sad to see Bryce go, but now that he's in Buffalo I can only hope he doesn't realize his full potential. Keep not holding onto the football Bryce!
Aitkens
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 10 2014, 02:06 PM) *
Sad to see Bryce go, but now that he's in Buffalo I can only hope he doesn't realize his full potential. Keep not holding onto the football Bryce!

No, we want him to do well in Buffalo, so that the Eagles get a 3rd rounder for him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Aitkens @ May 10 2014, 01:11 PM) *
No, we want him to do well in Buffalo, so that the Eagles get a 3rd rounder for him.

It actually has nothing to do with Brown. Apparently it's based on Stevie Johnson's success in SF.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 10 2014, 02:12 PM) *
It actually has nothing to do with Brown. Apparently it's based on Stevie Johnson's success in SF.

Huh? I'm molasses, you'll need to 'splain that to me ... please.
samaroo
yeah, I didn't think you could trade compensatory picks.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ May 10 2014, 01:59 PM) *
Huh? I'm molasses, you'll need to 'splain that to me ... please.

They traded the pick that SF traded them for Stevie Johnson. Ultimately, his success will dictate what pick it turns in to.
nephillymike
This explains it a little better.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/05/...s/#more-2531301

Basically, we move up about 15 slots in the 7th, and we get the conditional pick that the Bills got for WR Johnson which based on his performance will be either:

4th rounder in 2015,
3rd rounder in 2016
4th rounder in 2016

Go Rob Johnson!!

Worst case, it's a move up in the 7th plus a future 4th rounder for someone who was a 7th round pick and doesn't fit our scheme.

Fantastic job by Howie!!

Hopefully he has that gun registered!!
TGryn
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/5/10/...agles#233213081

So recap.
Stevie does not meet incentive, philly gets 2015 4th.
Stevie meets incentive, philly gets 2016 4th.
Stevie and Brown meet incentives, philly gets 2016 3rd.

What isnít clear is if Stevie misses incentive but Brown makes his.

Zero
This was a good deal for the Eagles. I look at it as icing ... I think Polk had taken the back up spot from Brown. He's more decisive and has a different style than Shady. A good change up. Brown had talent but missed so much college he doesn't have his instincts honed like these other guys. The addition of Sproles made him a non entity, IMO. He only would have played if there was an injury or two. That's not meant to knock him, he just has too much growing to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.