Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some interesting names left
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
Pierre Desir - CB 6'1 198 4.53

Good size and athletic. People have been hating on him because he went to a small name school, but I like him.

Kieth McGill - CB 6'3 211 4.51

A lot of boards had him as a 2nd rounder. Good size, only downside is he's 25.

Antonio Richardson - OT 6'6 330

Slight injury concern as he had some sort of microfracture but good size and prob highest rated OT left. A lot of boards had him going in rounds 2-3, and we know the projected ranks of these guys is everything, amirite? cool.gif

I'd be pretty stoked with any of those three. Who else you like?
nephillymike
The top 25 left from my compilation:

#50 OT A. Richardson
#62 OG D. Yankey
#65 CB M. Roberson
#71 CB K. McGill
#74 OG C. Richardson

#76 WR B. Ellington
#78 QB AJ McCarron
#81 34DT D. Jones
#82 43DE C. Smith
#84 43DT A. Johnson
#86 RB K. Carey
#87 CB B. Breeland
#89 43OLB C. Jones
#90 WR M. Bryant
#92 WR J. Abbrederis
#93 CB P. Desir
#94 43DT C. Reid
#95 QB Z. Mettenberger
#98 43 DT K. Quarles
#99 RB A. Williams
#100 CB L. Purifoy
#101 WR R. Herron
#102 34DT D. McCullers
#103 OT D. Dozier
#104 RB D. Freeman

The nine bolded names are the best fits by position.
Eyrie
My positions of need are DE and S followed by G. We can get a K with a UDFA. CB would be nice but not essential as we're not going to get a 2014 starter in what's left of this draft, so it can be a priority for 2015.
JeeQ
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ May 9 2014, 08:44 PM) *
Pierre Desir - CB 6'1 198 4.53

Good size and athletic. People have been hating on him because he went to a small name school, but I like him.

Kieth McGill - CB 6'3 211 4.51

A lot of boards had him as a 2nd rounder. Good size, only downside is he's 25.

Antonio Richardson - OT 6'6 330

Slight injury concern as he had some sort of microfracture but good size and prob highest rated OT left. A lot of boards had him going in rounds 2-3, and we know the projected ranks of these guys is everything, amirite? cool.gif

I'd be pretty stoked with any of those three. Who else you like?

Those are quality picks, so I can guarantee you Howie isn't drafting any of them... now if they were from Oregon on the other hand

JeeQ
I can't believe how well the Raiders are drafting...

Khalil Mack, Derek Carr, Gabe Jackson, Justin Ellis, and Keith McGill

Al Davis's death was the best thing that ever happened to that team
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 10 2014, 12:37 PM) *
Those are quality picks, so I can guarantee you Howie isn't drafting any of them... now if they were from Oregon on the other hand

I guarantee you've never watched one minute of film on any of those guys.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 10 2014, 10:47 AM) *
I guarantee you've never watched one minute of film on any of those guys.

I watched the same amount of footage of them as you did of Jaylen Watkins wub.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 10 2014, 01:00 PM) *
I watched the same amount of footage of them as you did of Jaylen Watkins wub.gif

I likely watch more college football than anyone on this board. Florida gets on TV pretty often.

Additionally, I pathetically follow the draft. I'm embarrassed to say how much I like it.

These two factors are why I've been consistently correct about Eagles top draft picks.

I don't know much about Watkins, but I know he's versatile. That's obviously a big factor for Chip, which I why I suspected he would be a target.
JeeQ
He drafted another DE from... wait for it... wait for it... Oregon! laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 10 2014, 01:11 PM) *
He drafted another DE from... wait for it... wait for it... Oregon! laugh.gif

If you think Taylor Hart and Marcus Smith play the same position, you're dumber than you've made yourself out to be over the past 3 days.

Has Oregon been a bad program recently? I was under the impression they were pretty good.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 10 2014, 11:13 AM) *
If you think Taylor Hart and Marcus Smith play the same position, you're dumber than you've made yourself out to be over the past 3 days.

Has Oregon been a bad program recently? I was under the impression they were pretty good.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 10 2014, 01:19 PM) *
Who said they're playing the same position?

You said "another DE."

Smith isn't a DE. I don't give a shit what he's listed as.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 10 2014, 11:27 AM) *
You said "another DE."

Smith isn't a DE. I don't give a shit what he's listed as.

My bad, I meant Bench Warmer
Eyrie
Smith is here as an OLB, probably understudying Cole for a year before replacing him.

Hart will be doing the dirty work in the trenches.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 10 2014, 01:44 PM) *
Smith is here as an OLB, probably understudying Cole for a year before replacing him.

Hart will be doing the dirty work in the trenches.

At this point, he's just a troll. His panties are bunched from the Desean release (which I also disagreed with) and he is going to bitch about every move the organization makes moving forward.

Just another poster who offers no analytical thinking on this board. Fantastic.
nephillymike
One of Two guys I'd like to see:

ILB S. Skov
DT. L. McCullers

Is Wr Abbrederus still out there?
nephillymike
Ed Reynolds, FS.

Not bad. Had him #131 we got him at 160 ish.

Interesting we went DB again. I guess they see the need there also, just addressed it a little later.

We can take a break until the 7th round.

We moved up some spots b/c of trade with Buffalo.

We're filling some needs.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 10 2014, 11:51 AM) *
At this point, he's just a troll. His panties are bunched from the Desean release (which I also disagreed with) and he is going to bitch about every move the organization makes moving forward.

Just another poster who offers no analytical thinking on this board. Fantastic.

Actually... I liked the Matthews pick, and love that we're trying to shore up the worst passing defense in the league

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 10 2014, 02:17 PM) *
Actually... I liked the Matthews pick, and love that we're trying to shore up the worst passing defense in the league

And yet you've bitched incessantly about two picks that will dramatically impact our ability to defend the pass.

Also, your gifs aren't nearly as good or relevant as make_it_rain's. Stop trying.
nephillymike
Damn.

Packers got Abbrederus, not that we would have picked him anyway 9but with Chip he did mention a possible 3rd drafted WR.)
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 10 2014, 12:39 PM) *
And yet you've bitched incessantly about two picks that will dramatically impact our ability to defend the pass.

Also, your gifs aren't nearly as good or relevant as make_it_rain's. Stop trying.

The only draft pick I've complained about is Marcus Smith and that's with good reason. You have a team who hasn't had a quality safety since Dawkins was too rich for our blood. We have an opportunity to move up and draft the top Safety in the draft this year and deem it too rich for our blood and he gets picked one spot before ours.

Oh, and before I forget, wouldn't want to leave you without one of these...

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 10 2014, 02:56 PM) *
The only draft pick I've complained about is Marcus Smith and that's with good reason.

You bitched about us picking both Huff and Hart. You bitched about us not drafting Desir and other random guys who likely won't turn into shit.
You bitched about us not trading up.
Quite frankly, you bitch a lot. It's annoying as fuck.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 10 2014, 03:10 PM) *
You bitched about us picking both Huff and Hart. You bitched about us not drafting Desir and other random guys who likely won't turn into shit.

Hey, as the three stooges said, I resemble that remark!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 10 2014, 03:17 PM) *
Hey, as the three stooges said, I resemble that remark!!

laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 10 2014, 03:29 PM) *
laugh.gif

To be fair, I've had some years I've given the Eagles high grades in the draft. Last year was one of them.

This one has gotten better after round one.

Howie and Chip are still studying for the final exam. Grades are not finalized.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 10 2014, 01:10 PM) *

Since the players I like most likely wont turn into shit in your opinion (Clinton-Dix, Nix, Moncrief)

Please do share which of Howie's picks that I don't like (Smith, Huff, Hart) are going to be great in your expert opinion?

Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 10 2014, 04:49 PM) *
Since the players I like most likely wont turn into shit in your opinion (Clinton-Dix, Nix, Moncrief)

Please do share which of Howie's picks that I don't like (Smith, Huff, Hart) are going to be great in your expert opinion?

You are expecting greatness out of every pick as a benchmark for passing? Smith clearly meets Kelly's requirements for Character, Intelligence and talent but we understand those meanings are foreign to you. Huff and Hart are productive, talented young players whose abilities Coach Kelley knows extremely well, so take a break and lay off your demented, excremented assessments until they have had a chance to prove their pro fitness over the next 3 years.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ May 10 2014, 02:20 PM) *
You are expecting greatness out of every pick as a benchmark for passing? Smith clearly meets Kelly's requirements for Character, Intelligence and talent but we understand those meanings are foreign to you. Huff and Hart are productive, talented young players whose abilities Coach Kelley knows extremely well, so take a break and lay off your demented, excremented assessments until they have had a chance to prove their pro fitness over the next 3 years.

Character >>> Talent

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 10 2014, 03:49 PM) *

Not that Dutch didn't sum it up perfectly, but...

Every player is different and the end results are largely predicated on circumstance. Trading up for Clinton-Dix sounds good in theory, but doing so would have resulted in giving up a third rounder. That likely means that we don't have the opportunity to land Matthews.

Ultimately, we moved back and got a guy that perfectly fits what we are looking for at OLB. That allowed us to grab a pick and add talent later.

Moncrief would have made no sense at the time we drafted Huff. Huff offers versatility on special teams and in the slot. If you want a relevant comparison, you can say we should have taken Moncrief over Matthews. I'll personally take Matthews.

Nix is a big, fat NT. Our defensive philosophy clearly doesn't value that position to draft someone in the 3rd round. Instead, we dropped back again and picked up additional picks which led to Watkins and Hart. I'll take that combination over Nix.

If it were up to you, we would have walked away from this draft with 3-4 players. Considering it's one of the deepest in recent memory, it made sense to play the odds and grab extra picks. Ha Ha is hardly a once in a lifetime talent. In general, Alabama defenders have tended to be maxed out by the time they've made it to the league. The reward wasn't worth the risk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.