Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: come on pick those qb's
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
nephillymike
Need to get them off the board and leave the real talent for us.

Bummed Barr went so early. He was rated 6th but I was hoping the rumors of his free fall were true.
JeeQ
Dallas is going to get Johnny Football sad.gif

Giants picked up a serious WR threat dry.gif

We gave the Redskins our serious WR threat mad.gif

NFC: East is going to be rough for our incredibly terrible defense
JeeQ
Cowboys moved up a spot... I wonder why
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 8 2014, 08:44 PM) *
Cowboys moved up a spot... I wonder why

Don't think this is true
JeeQ
YES!!! biggrin.gif

Thank you Dallas! More seasons of Tony Romo laugh.gif
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 8 2014, 06:48 PM) *
Don't think this is true

The twitterverse got that one wrong, they've been on point on everything else
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 8 2014, 08:53 PM) *
YES!!! biggrin.gif

Thank you Dallas! More seasons of Tony Romo laugh.gif

Surprisingly, Jerry Jones made a pick I can actually live with.
I was terrified he would trade up for Manziel, and I confess to being astonished he resisted the urge when Manziel actually fell to him. This will give us three first round picks on our offensive line now, which could really help our offense.

But now I'm expecting him to spend the rest of the draft on defense, and especially defensive line.
JeeQ
I'll be damned we have a chance at Johnny Football

Manziel, Cooks, Lee, HaHa still on the board
TGryn
If you're looking to get nervous, looks like Kelly is going have the opportunity to get tempted by having Manziel and/or Bridgewater there at #22...wouldn't make any sense with how Foles did last year, but then, neither did outright cutting DJax, so... unsure.gif
SpudDogg
no way chip takes johnny

i'd be shocked. but, i'm surprised he fell this far... (pick 20 coming up, ARI traded to NO)
JeeQ
Saints gave us old man Sproles and picked up Cooks. Saints gave us Jenkins and picked up Byrd; all after kicking us out of the playoffs... they're playing the fuck out of us this year
JeeQ
HaHa, Nix, Dennard, Lee, Manziel still left on the board... scary
SpudDogg
the walrus right now is drooling cuz johnny is still on the board lulz
JeeQ
You know how much I like Johnny, but if the best safety in the draft is still there...
JeeQ
Of course they took Clinton-Dix, fuck you GB
JeeQ
Traded Back... Ugh

Hello Marquise Lee
SpudDogg
johnny to cle...

dafuq @ that trade?!
JeeQ
Watch the Fatman pick Lee just to completely fuck us in the ass
Reality Fan
you have a quarterback who just had one of the best seasons a QB can have and some wanted us to draft another Heisman winner who will do nothing in the NFL.....unreal......

smart move to move back and add a 3rd rounder....great move
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ May 8 2014, 09:42 PM) *
johnny to cle...

dafuq @ that trade?!

Best possible move for us. That third rounder is like a mid-2nd in most drafts.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 8 2014, 07:50 PM) *
you have a quarterback who just had one of the best seasons a QB can have and some wanted us to draft another Heisman winner who will do nothing in the NFL.....unreal......

smart move to move back and add a 3rd rounder....great move

We'll see what you're saying when the Sanchize is starting after Foles is injured for the third consecutive season
JeeQ
Andy Reid taking a fastball DE... he'll never change will he?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 8 2014, 09:53 PM) *
We'll see what you're saying when the Sanchize is starting after Foles is injured for the third consecutive season

I was glad they picked up Sanchez...once upon a time Sanchez was a good QB who played well in the NFL playoffs....he was then ruined by the offspring of the guy who ruined Cunningham....an offseason with Kelly and I expect Sanchez to be a good 2nd string QB....

It is idiotic to suggest you draft a QB in the first round to be a back up...do you think Foles is 35?

Foles is a youngster....
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 8 2014, 07:57 PM) *
I was glad they picked up Sanchez...

JeeQ
Is it Marquise Lee time? As we continue to stack up worthless USC players
SpudDogg
ROFL @ jeeq

lmfao hahahaha
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 8 2014, 10:01 PM) *

lol...yep....draft a qb in the first round as a back up...you should spend more time learning football common sense and less time finding clips...
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 8 2014, 08:08 PM) *
lol...yep....draft a qb in the first round as a back up...you should spend more time learning football common sense and less time finding clips...

I'll bet you a case of beer Manziel has a better career than Foles when it's all said and done
JeeQ
Marcus Smith?! DE?! laugh.gif Fuck this team, he was a 2nd Rounder at best
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 8 2014, 10:09 PM) *
I'll bet you a case of beer Manziel has a better career than Foles when it's all said and done

I will bet you a truckload.......
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 8 2014, 10:09 PM) *

agreed
SpudDogg
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 8 2014, 11:09 PM) *

I see you don't only curse us in the chat on gameday.

the hell is wrong with you?

btw: you still owe me a PS3...
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 8 2014, 08:11 PM) *
I will bet you a truckload.......

It's A Bet! Easy Money...

JeeQ
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ May 8 2014, 08:14 PM) *
I see you don't only curse us in the chat on gameday.

the hell is wrong with you?

btw: you still owe me a PS3...

I threw my PS3 out the window the moment we drafted Marcus Smith... sorry Spudder
TGryn
Lawlor on Smith in his draft preview:
http://igglesblitz.com/2014/05/eagles-draft-preview/
...Here are some players the Eagles could target if they do move back:
...4 – LB Marcus Smith – Louisville…Maybe the most complete 3-4 OLB prospect in the draft. He can set the edge, rush the passer and cover. Looks natural at all 3.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 8 2014, 11:09 PM) *

Not criticism of what Smith might become but we could've gotten him in the second. 3 hours of waiting and a let down. Only pick that was as much of a reach was the fucking Jags taking Bortles at 3.
mcnabbulous
I'm fine with the Smith pick. Pass rusher who meets their physical requirements. I'm pleased.
Phits
QUOTE (TGryn @ May 8 2014, 11:16 PM) *
Lawlor on Smith in his draft preview:
http://igglesblitz.com/2014/05/eagles-draft-preview/

Thx TG
TGryn
Some video from YouTube:

Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 8 2014, 10:15 PM) *
It's A Bet! Easy Money...

beside the fact that he will get killed in the NFL he is another in a long line of Heisman winners who suck in the NFL
Gino Toretta
Charlie Ward
danny Wuerfell
Chris Weinke
Eric Crouch
Carson palmer
Matt Leinert
Troy Smith
Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
RG3

Cam Newton is good but he is a lot bigger than Manzeil.....RG3 learned the lesson the hard way and is slightly bigger than Manzeil as well.

Sam Bradford is alot bigger....and he is no super stud...

Manzeil is not built for the NFL....Foles is much bigger.....much bigger....

I will even settle for Miller Lite
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 8 2014, 08:26 PM) *
beside the fact that he will get killed in the NFL he is another in a long line of Heisman winners who suck in the NFL
Gino Toretta
Charlie Ward
danny Wuerfell
Chris Weinke
Eric Crouch
Carson palmer
Matt Leinert
Troy Smith
Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
RG3

Cam Newton is good but he is a lot bigger than Manzeil.....RG3 learned the lesson the hard way and is slightly bigger than Manzeil as well.

Sam Bradford is alot bigger....and he is no super stud...

Manzeil is not built for the NFL....Foles is much bigger.....much bigger....

I will even settle for Miller Lite

Johnny Football already has the same amount of playoff wins as Foles

Zero
Manziel is a distraction this team doesn't need. He may or may not be an NFL QB, but Foles has at least proven he can play in the NFL. Why anyone would compare the two is beyond me. Why anyone would want Manziel on the Eagles at this point is confusing.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 8 2014, 09:11 PM) *
Surprisingly, Jerry Jones made a pick I can actually live with.
I was terrified he would trade up for Manziel, and I confess to being astonished he resisted the urge when Manziel actually fell to him. This will give us three first round picks on our offensive line now, which could really help our offense.

But now I'm expecting him to spend the rest of the draft on defense, and especially defensive line.

Damn! I was hoping he would have picked Johnny Gadget.
Zero
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ May 8 2014, 11:17 PM) *
Not criticism of what Smith might become but we could've gotten him in the second.

According to pundits, etc. but how do we know? Maybe he was a reach but maybe he'll be another Carlos Emmons and there were a few teams targeting him early in the second. Could be the team panicked but maybe they know more than those who write about the draft and aren't actually involved in the draft.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ May 9 2014, 09:20 AM) *
According to pundits, etc. but how do we know? Maybe he was a reach but maybe he'll be another Carlos Emmons and there were a few teams targeting him early in the second. Could be the team panicked but maybe they know more than those who write about the draft and aren't actually involved in the draft.

It's statistically proven that draft analysts don't know shit.

Maybe they could have gotten him a bit later, but if he was the guy they targeted and fits what they want at a key position, why risk that? They already did an amazing job at getting an additional third round pick.

I expect us to take a physical WR, CB with length, and athletic OL with our next 3 picks.

I'll say: Latimer at WR. Marcus Martin at OL, and Dontae Johnson at CB.
JeeQ
Richard Harris, Mike Mamula, Jon Harris, Jerome McDougle, Brandon Graham, and now Marcus Smith

At least the bar for him is so extremely low that it's underground

If the Eagles have anything it's a pedigree in choosing absolutely worthless DEs in the first round
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 9 2014, 06:55 PM) *
Richard Harris, Mike Mamula, Jon Harris, Jerome McDougle, Brandon Graham, and now Marcus Smith

If the Eagles have anything it's a pedigree in choosing absolutely worthless DEs in the first round

What is our record like at drafting OLBs in round one? Or have we switched back to a 4-3?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 9 2014, 12:55 PM) *

You're embarrassing yourself at this point. The guy is nothing like the people you mentioned.

First, he's not a DE. If their intention was to have him play that position, it would be a mistake. He offers a lot of versatility as a 3-4 OLB.
TGryn
If we're looking for a historical analogy, the closest would be to Kendricks, who is the only high-round LB previously picked under Roseman. There's nobody left who drafted any of those other guys, unless you believe in some magical property which adheres to the franchise and affects their odds of making good selections (i.e. "luck").

It makes no more sense than moaning about drafting offensive linemen because Kotite picked a bunch in the 1st who didn't pan out, or taking BYU players because Reid used to be here and he was Mormon. A clean sweep leaves no residual effects, except in the longtime fans' minds, and that doesn't matter as far as what happens on the field.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 9 2014, 03:27 PM) *
You're embarrassing yourself at this point.

Everyplace "Philadelphia" needs a WIP representation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.