Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: With the 22nd pick in the 2014 NFL draft
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
OK, time to put it on the line. Next week at this time we'll know who the Eagles picked in round one and it's time to step up and name names. It's not necessarily who you want them to pick, this is who they do pick. Your crystal ball reputation is on the line.

Anthony Barr
JaxEagle
No clue
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Zero @ May 2 2014, 06:50 AM) *
Anthony Barr

This would be the dream scenario, but I dont think Barr will be on the board.

Really tough to pick one here as you never know how the draft will shake out. I think they'll go offense, primarily because most of the top defensive players will be off the board by then.

Beckham
Cooks
Lee

In that order, depending on whose available.
mcnabbulous
I don't think we pick at 22. I really don't want us to trade #54 to move up in the first, but if that were to happen, I think it would be for Barr.

My best guess is that we trade down, possibly out of the first altogether. If we stay put, I go with Kyle Fuller.
nephillymike
CB, Fuller
Next guess, OLB, Shazier

TGryn
Nobody wants to trade for Vick? biggrin.gif

Seriously, Fuller seems like a likely pick, in that everybody's focusing on WRs and Ss which means that's probably not where we're going to go with the pick. It seems like Davis wants to go with a scheme closer to what Seattle runs. Part of that was signing Jenkins to play the centerfielder position that Earl Thomas does for the Seahawks, but also necessary is to get bigger corners who can play close man coverage and disrupt routes*. Unfortunately, the CB class is somewhat thin this year, and moreso if you want a bigger CB who also is at least somewhat quick and fast. If you wait, all those guys might be gone by the time your second rounder comes around.

* - which is also one reason we got Sproles, as he's a master at the quick underneath routes to counter this kind of defense.
Dreagon
Beckham

Edit: I forgot that you guys took Sproles....so now I'm not so sure about that. Especially since I'm betting ya'll use Sproles as a reciever for the most part. Taking that into account, you guys might look for a defensive back instead.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (TGryn @ May 3 2014, 09:12 AM) *
Nobody wants to trade for Vick? biggrin.gif

Seriously, Fuller seems like a likely pick, in that everybody's focusing on WRs and Ss which means that's probably not where we're going to go with the pick. It seems like Davis wants to go with a scheme closer to what Seattle runs. Part of that was signing Jenkins to play the centerfielder position that Earl Thomas does for the Seahawks, but also necessary is to get bigger corners who can play close man coverage and disrupt routes*. Unfortunately, the CB class is somewhat thin this year, and moreso if you want a bigger CB who also is at least somewhat quick and fast. If you wait, all those guys might be gone by the time your second rounder comes around.

* - which is also one reason we got Sproles, as he's a master at the quick underneath routes to counter this kind of defense.

I am ok with that. The last Fuller we had was pretty darn good for us. William the Fuller Rush Man.
TGryn
canadianeagle
Fuller, Shazier or Barr.

I really don't think they go WR in the first round
SLOiggles
Mayock suggested a possibility about Barr and trading up. Also could be for Ha Ha. I think they're going to move up a little, but not substantially (Where Barr and Clinton-Dix would be available).

I think they're going to get Pryor from Louisville or Brandin Cooks. Wolff and Pryor would be a nice back end for the secondary. Cooks is a multi-purpose weapon that Chip would be emphatically giggly about.

However they go...I'm excited to end the yapping and get to drafting! ac2.gif
JeeQ
Marquise Lee, can never have enough USC alumni
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 3 2014, 10:12 AM) *
Beckham

Edit: I forgot that you guys took Sproles....so now I'm not so sure about that. Especially since I'm betting ya'll use Sproles as a reciever for the most part. Taking that into account, you guys might look for a defensive back instead.

Dreagon... I just want you to be aware, if Dallas picks up Manziel, you're banned from the board
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 5 2014, 09:04 PM) *
Dreagon... I just want you to be aware, if Dallas picks up Manziel, you're banned from the board

It won't matter. You'll still be able to hear the sound of my head beating against the desk even from up there....especially if he trades up for him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.