Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One more week...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
I can't take another one. I just can't! If I see one more mock draft I'm going to lose it. Who knew that THIS would be the horror caused by backing the draft up two weeks? Mock drafts, and more mock drafts....and, oh look! Another mock draft! Somebody needs to put all these mock drafts together on paper, then roll them up into a large mallet, then beat Goodall into silly putty with the damn thing! This is HELL!

Sigh
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 2 2014, 12:19 AM) *
I can't take another one. I just can't! If I see one more mock draft I'm going to lose it. Who knew that THIS would be the horror caused by backing the draft up two weeks? Mock drafts, and more mock drafts....and, oh look! Another mock draft! Somebody needs to put all these mock drafts together on paper, then roll them up into a large mallet, then beat Goodall into silly putty with the damn thing! This is HELL!

Sigh

I'm still hearing Manziel to DAL, even if they need to trade up. You OK with the circus that will ensue?

Of those likely to be there at 18, what is your short list of guys you,d like them to plck?
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 2 2014, 05:12 AM) *
I'm still hearing Manziel to DAL, even if they need to trade up. You OK with the circus that will ensue?

Of those likely to be there at 18, what is your short list of guys you,d like them to plck?

Jomes loves circuses....one of the reason I'm not so crazy about Jones. I think Jones would love Manziel because he would be a ticket factory for the next three years. I'm sure Romo would just love seeing that kind of competition show up behind him, though. And since Jones just signed Romo to that huge contract, it's not like he would just let him go right away.

Honestly, I think I would prefer Jones to trade down and throw a wall of new players at our defense.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 2 2014, 01:19 AM) *
I can't take another one. I just can't! If I see one more mock draft I'm going to lose it. Who knew that THIS would be the horror caused by backing the draft up two weeks?
Mock drafts, and more mock drafts....and, oh look! Another mock draft! Somebody needs to put all these mock drafts together on paper, then roll them up into a large
mallet, then beat Goodall into silly putty with the damn thing! This is HELL!

Sigh

I honestly despise this time of year in the NFL more than any die-hard fan should. I hate the mock drafts, I hate Mel Kiper, I hate his fucking hairdo, and I hate the endless
discussion among ESPN douchebags about who should go, when they should go, and where. The GMs, coaches, and owners have the only knowledge that
matters, and they (rightly so) aren't going to say anything meaningful in public. Just show me the ticker, the clock, and when we pick.
mcnabbulous
I've said this a couple of times, but Mel Kiper is a really nice guy. I bumped into him once a decade ago and he was extremely friendly, despite my expectation he would be a prick. Any "hate" for the guy is misguided. He created an industry and has made himself a success out of nothing. Truly a self made man.
I really enjoy the draft, but this extra wait sucks.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 2 2014, 09:47 PM) *
I've said this a couple of times, but Mel Kiper is a really nice guy. I bumped into him once a decade ago and he was extremely friendly, despite my expectation he would be a prick. Any "hate" for the guy is misguided. He created an industry and has made himself a success out of nothing. Truly a self made man.

I never met the man but when he first started he had a draft guide that he published. I subscribed. One day in the office the phone rings and it was Mel. He was just reaching out to his clients wanting to talk football and see what the fans wanted. I guess he did a pretty good job.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 2 2014, 09:47 PM) *
I've said this a couple of times, but Mel Kiper is a really nice guy. I bumped into him once a decade ago and he was extremely friendly, despite my expectation he would be a
prick. Any "hate" for the guy is misguided. He created an industry and has made himself a success out of nothing. Truly a self made man.

It's obviously nothing personal. I just can't stand the endless talk and guys who don't even watch college football doing 8 mock drafts. No doubt he's created an entire
industry.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ May 2 2014, 07:17 PM) *
I honestly despise this time of year in the NFL more than any die-hard fan should. I hate the mock drafts, I hate Mel Kiper, I hate his fucking hairdo, and I hate the endless
discussion among ESPN douchebags about who should go, when they should go, and where. The GMs, coaches, and owners have the only knowledge that
matters, and they (rightly so) aren't going to say anything meaningful in public. Just show me the ticker, the clock, and when we pick.

I'll go one step further, just tell me who we picked. I don't need to see/hear the rest of the circus.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ May 3 2014, 11:15 AM) *
It's obviously nothing personal. I just can't stand the endless talk and guys who don't even watch college football doing 8 mock drafts. No doubt he's created an entire
industry.

I get it, but I think there is a general perception that he's not a good guy. I'm simply vouching for him from a personal experience. He was genuinely nice, despite me bothering while he was just going about his day to day life.
When I bump into famous people these days, I avoid bothering them in any capacity for that reason. Although I did say hi to Connor Barwin when I saw him a few months back. Also an incredibly nice guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.