Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flyers can win Game 7 if
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JaxEagle
Mason plays as well tomorrow. They also need the same intensity. Being on the road won't make it any easier.
nephillymike
I thought I heard that they've won their last three game sevens.
I think they've successfully planted a seed of doubt. Now they need to finish the deal.

Great game tonight!
Phits
Jax you're right. They got a bunch of lucky breaks tonight. The lopsided score gives the impression that they really outplayed NYR, which wasn't the case. Can't count on the bad bounces for game 7 on the road. All in all it has been a good series and a fantastic post season for the NHL.
JaxEagle
Flyers may have won their last 3 Gm 7's. That sounds right. I know we beat NYR in the only other Gm 7 between the teams but also NYR is 5-0 at home in Gm 7's. NYR have won all the odd games in this series and Flyers have won all the even games. The trends aren't exactly in our favor either but, as the saying goes, that's why you play the game.

Phits, we didn't totally dominate them but we did get the better part of the action and caught a couple extra lucky bounces of the puck.

I think the Flyers gained some momentum but tonight I would expect that if we play as well, with the same intensity and Mason plays as well that we will still be looking at a tight game at the end. Hopefully one more game will go our way.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 29 2014, 10:25 PM) *
Mason plays as well tomorrow. They also need the same intensity. Being on the road won't make it any easier.

Flyers came out and got outworked and outplayed for the first few minutes, with some bad turnovers that forced Mason to have
to make a couple great saves. Once they calmed down and got that 1-0 lead, they were a different team. I assume Gustaffson
will be filling in again for the empty suit Hal Gill, that alone could be the difference in who wins and who loses. He already
surpassed Gill's playoff career in goals scored with that one last night. wacko.gif
make_it_rain
so much for all that "can win game 7" talk.

gotta feel bad for mason that the guys around him are getting worked so bad. guy has been lights out this game and cant get any help from these scrubs.
nephillymike
Well, at least we finally have a goalie. It's been since when, Hextall?

Almost 40 years since the last cup.

The Stepford Flyers fans don't care. If our Eagles fan base is a dream for owners, the Stepfords are a wet dream.

Overall, real good series. Shame we came up short.
JaxEagle
Played the way they needed to in the 3rd period but that wasn't enough. Bad periods 1-2. Close, but no cigar...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 30 2014, 08:51 PM) *
so much for all that "can win game 7" talk.

gotta feel bad for mason that the guys around him are getting worked so bad. guy has been lights out this game and cant get
any help from these scrubs.

We were completely outplayed for most of the game and still had a chance for OT. Our defense needs to be addressed obviously.

Dan. Motherfucking. Carcillo.
JaxEagle
Of the Rangers 2 goals, one of them wasn't really attributable to poor defense or goaltending. The other was poor defense at minimum. In the first 2 periods, our defense was not good but as much as anything we didn't or couldn't control temp. Maybe NYR had something to do with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.