Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who could want to move up to #22?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The Eagles always seem to want more picks. Kinda weird that we talk about their potential to be contending in Kelly's second year but it still seems they're rebuilding and will want more picks in this deep draft. On the flip side, there could be a team or two picking later than #22 who think a special player may push them into the winner's circle. I think the Eagles will be looking to trade down ... who is a potential partner?

Could the 49ers want to move up? There's the connection with Gamble; Harbaugh lost to Harbaugh two years ago. They lost out to a younger team in their division last year ... Seattle is still the team to beat and that is a hot rivalry.

Would you move down to #30 for the 49ers third and their fifth? Chances are that the Eagles could still get a WR or OLB at #30.

Who else would be a potential trade partner with the Eagles?
nephillymike
I think it will be a QB hungry team, provided the top ones are still there when we pick at #22.

It's a catch-22 (no pun intended) where since we don't need a QB, we would like for a bunch of them to get chosen before us so that more suitable picks for our needs fall to us.

On the other hand, if there are QB's there at #22, and there are enough good players rated highly on our board that we think will be there in the spot we drop to, there is the likelihood that we can drop down for an extra pick.

From a previous reply of mine to another thread, here's how it may look for us:

========================================================================
So I took a look at some trade possibilities and the trade chart to see what we could get.

Based upon the Draftek team needs and trade chart, there are 7 teams with urgent or semi urgent QB needs that pick after us in Rd 1 or 2:

Cle, Hou, Oak, Tb, Jax, Min, Ten

Here's what a fair trade would be under each scenario based on the trade value chart:

Sel#.Rnd....Team........Give Up........................Get
22.......1......PHI
26.......1......CLE.........#22 (1st).....................#26 (1st), #106 (4th)
33.......2......HOU........#22 (1st), #122 (4th)....#33 (2nd), #65 (3rd)
36.......2......OAK.........#22 (1st).....................#36 (2nd), #67 (3rd)
38.......2......TB...........#22 (1st).....................#38 (2nd), #69 (3rd), #185 (6th)
39.......2......JAX..........#22 (1st).....................#39 (2nd), #70 (3rd), #144 (5th)
40.......2......MIN..........#22 (1st).....................#40 (2nd), #72 (3rd), #108 (4th)
42.......2......TEN..........#22 (1st).....................#42 (2nd) +2015 2nd round pick (not enough picks to offer this yr.)

We could also go the unconventional route of asking for a solid starter from these teams in position of need instead of the 3rd-6th round picks.

If the market is strong, we could probably get a sweetener in there in the form of an extra 5th or 6th rounder.

Personally, I like the CLE and OAK deals, would be OK with HOU if we made it a 2015 4th but wouldn't want to drop further than #36 for fear that all the first round talent would be gone by then.

From 38 down, I would be worried that a 1st round talent at a position of need doesn't make it that far and we need first round talent and have plenty of PON's.
=======================================================================
TGryn
Usually a team will want to trade up if they're worried a player they want won't be there if they wait - in other words, snatching a particular guy away from another team. At #22, that would mean targeting a guy likely to get taking at 23, 24, or 25, which belong to the Chiefs, Bengals and Chargers. So, you'd project likely picks for those teams, then look for which teams are farther down in the draft who would also like those same guys. It also has to be a player at that spot who the Eagles would be more willing to pass on - more likely a QB or RB than a LB or S, for example.
Zero
Or a team picking after us that wants a player they think the Eagles might take.
Dreagon
I'm thinking it will depend if one of the three top QB's starts to fall. If all the QBs fall then teams will be content to sit tight. But if they fall, then suddenly a couple get snapped up in the mid first round and there is still a top QB left, then somebody might trade up to snag him.
JaxEagle
If by moving down a dozen spots or so it allows us to pick up a couple extra picks then I am good with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.