Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've Benn thinking about WRs ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
We've heard about Maclin and his rehab from his second ACL tear. A FA coming off of an injury and they resigned him, then cut DJax. We all assume the Eagles will draft a WR early in a draft deep with WRs.

Last year they traded for Arellius Benn, a big, fast receiver who has very good RAC ability. That sounds like what we keep talking about the Eagles looking for in the draft. Maclin is getting the press and Benn isn't. Maclin and Cooper are the only two we talk about but what about Benn? I think they draft a WR, but maybe not until the third and go defense early?
MK: I spoke with Hank Baskett a few weeks ago and he mentioned that the great thing about Nick Foles is that he came in hungry as any backup or player in the league should be. With that said, you are coming in as a bit of a dark horse this offseason coming off an ACL injury, so what is your mindset coming into OTAs and training camp?

AB: "I need to show what I have always done and show what I can do in OTAs and minicamps and training camp. I am not going to sit here and say 'I can do this and I can do that,' but I am going to go out there and do me. I am just going to try to do the things that I can do when I am healthy and when I am 100-percent healthy, you can't stop me. The only thing is for me is staying healthy. I am not worried about running a route or catching a ball or whatever, that is going to come. The big thing for me is just staying healthy."
Here ...

This is also something to look at. Does the college mentality of developing young players translate to the NFL in the same way? Colleges are always bringing the young guys along ... do NFL coaches think the same way or do they rely more on drafting new players? Here I'm thinking more about Kruger and Long, both in positions of need who were added last year knowing they wouldn't contribute last year and both were shelved (red shirted) for the year. Maybe not "A" prospects but if they fit the system will they be able to contribute? Are the holes we see less drastic than we think?
D Rock
Benn has yet to stay healthy for a single season. He's "Italian" . . . fragile.
Flying Dutchman
While he's not a practice squad development, Bryan Braman is a kid who converted to LB in his junior year. He made his bones with the Texans as a
STs terror but with his size and speed may just be a sleeper to step up and compete for a regular D spot under Kelley who said of him "With his size,
we also like his potential as a guy who can compete for spot as an outside linebacker." I can't wait to see him hit somebody!! Darkhorses galore with
Kelly as the stablemaster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.