Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Schedule comes out tomorrow
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I'll go with four_

Home vs. Wash
Home vs. Car
At Dallas for Thanksgiving
At GB

A Mon, Two Sun nites and Thanksgiving.

For the league opener at Sea, do you have Den open there, GB, SF?

Should be interesting.
sticks n skins
Sweet. I'll finally get to see when I can go to that crappy Cardinals stadium.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 22 2014, 10:08 PM) *
I'll go with four_

Home vs. Wash
Home vs. Car
At Dallas for Thanksgiving
At GB

A Mon, Two Sun nites and Thanksgiving.

For the league opener at Sea, do you have Den open there, GB, SF?

Should be interesting.

Sounds like the right number to me. 4 in some combo of Thursday, Sunday, Monday. I really should discontinue my NFL ticket this year. 25% will be primetime and a few more will be national games so half of them will be free games. The other half I will go to a bar and have more fun than the ticket and save money. The ticket is pricey these days.
make_it_rain
First those bastards push back the draft to May, then they dick around with the schedule release.

Roger, we're starving out here. You should know better than to make us wait for some news, any news about the NFL to spike the interest in your product.

Anyway, really looking forward to this. Should get at least three primetime games.

Also, doesnt every team get at least one Thursday game?
nephillymike
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 22 2014, 10:06 PM) *
First those bastards push back the draft to May, then they dick around with the schedule release.

Roger, we're starving out here. You should know better than to make us wait for some news, any news about the NFL to spike the interest in your product.

Anyway, really looking forward to this. Should get at least three primetime games.

Also, doesnt every team get at least one Thursday game?

I think I heard that.

If true, it is not the easiest thing to schedule. 34 slots to fit 32 teams, unless they count the two day Thanksgiving games, then it's 38 to fit 32. Probably means mostly division games and not many matchups between two good teams.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 22 2014, 11:06 PM) *

Roger, we're starving out here. You should know better than to make us wait for some news, any news about the NFL to spike
the interest in your product.

Dear make_it_rain,

Here's a little something from a God to a slave. I own you. My product is all you live for. You will continue to watch, and you
will continue to discuss the draft as early as January every year, considering your alternative is to pretend that your baseball
team, full of players much older than you, may contend for a playoff spot in that inferior sport. Within 5 years you will basically
be watching flag football, and touching the QB will be a 15 yard penalty - and plenty of 14 year olds who play Madden all day
will love it, and be loyal fans for life, and I don't need you and your puny friends to watch! In fact, just for fun, if the Phillies
ever make the playoffs again, I'll be sure to schedule Eagles games during each Phillies playoff game. If you ever question me
or my greatness again, I'll realign the leagues, putting you in the new AFC East - along with the Jaguars, Dolphins, and Bills!
Consider yourself lucky that I don't completely cut off Comcast, forcing your blue collar white trash city to all order Direct TV.

Sincerely,

Roger the Great

make_it_rain
And.... its out.

4 NFCE games in last 5 weeks. Week 7 bye. No really brutal road trips/stretches.

Plus, great call nephillymike on playing thanksgiving vs. dallas.
Phits
2 games in 3 weeks vs the Cowboys.....I love it.
JaxEagle
Beating last year's win total won't be easy that's for sure.
JaxEagle
Well, Sep 7 sure won't be frigid and windy. It will be warm enough for a Friday/Saturday Beer Fest and Sunday Tailgate??????
Dreagon
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 23 2014, 09:13 AM) *
Dear make_it_rain,

Here's a little something from a God to a slave. I own you. My product is all you live for. You will continue to watch, and you
will continue to discuss the draft as early as January every year, considering your alternative is to pretend that your baseball
team, full of players much older than you, may contend for a playoff spot in that inferior sport. Within 5 years you will basically
be watching flag football, and touching the QB will be a 15 yard penalty - and plenty of 14 year olds who play Madden all day
will love it, and be loyal fans for life, and I don't need you and your puny friends to watch! In fact, just for fun, if the Phillies
ever make the playoffs again, I'll be sure to schedule Eagles games during each Phillies playoff game. If you ever question me
or my greatness again, I'll realign the leagues, putting you in the new AFC East - along with the Jaguars, Dolphins, and Bills!
Consider yourself lucky that I don't completely cut off Comcast, forcing your blue collar white trash city to all order Direct TV.

Sincerely,

Roger the Great

This is so depressingly accurate it makes me sick sad.gif whipitgood.gif
sticks n skins
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 23 2014, 05:43 PM) *
2 games in 3 weeks vs the Cowboys Brokebacks.....I love it.

Much better.
sticks n skins
Is anyone planning on going to the Arizona game? If so, hit me up. I'm making a green IPA for the game.
xsv
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 23 2014, 08:48 PM) *
Well, Sep 7 sure won't be frigid and windy. It will be warm enough for a Friday/Saturday Beer Fest and Sunday Tailgate??????

I talked to my wife and it looks like she was interested in going to this game.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (xsv @ Apr 24 2014, 07:41 AM) *
I talked to my wife and it looks like she was interested in going to this game.

Well, I am game if we get a big enough group to make it a board outing. If we are going to then I say we make a decision well in advance so people can plan ahead and not get socked with last minute costs.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 24 2014, 06:06 PM) *
Well, I am game if we get a big enough group to make it a board outing. If we are going to then I say we make a decision well in advance so people can plan ahead and not get socked with last minute costs.

A board get-together the first game should be fun, especially since we'll have an easy win against Jax (fingers crossed).
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 24 2014, 07:39 PM) *
A board get-together the first game should be fun, especially since we'll have an easy win against Jax (fingers crossed).

Yeah I would hope so however we are 1-3 all time against them and we were favored in 3 of those 4 games. That said, it'd be a horrific loss if we blew that game.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 24 2014, 09:03 PM) *
Yeah I would hope so however we are 1-3 all time against them and we were favored in 3 of those 4 games. That said, it'd be
a horrific loss if we blew that game.

Relax my friend. The days of Andy Reid passing 50 times into hurricane winds are over.
MistahNickells
thanx for the schedule update
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.