Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What an immature punk
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Jax
I love his football talent but why can't someone get through to him that he needs to shut his mouth

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/13/l...kusaolp00000592

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Apr 14 2014, 11:42 AM) *
I love his football talent but why can't someone get through to him that he needs to shut his mouth

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/13/l...kusaolp00000592

And while they're at it remind him that he should focus on winning his first playoff game this year, so he can be tied with
Tebow.
Jax
yep!
Phits
On Saturday, TMZ asked McCoy for his opinion as to who he thinks the most talented NFL player without a team is. "[For] example, Vince Young, Tim Tebow… someone out there who doesn't have a team," a reporter for the news outlet can be heard asking the 25-year-old running back in a video of the exchange.

"Tim Tebow?" McCoy responds, with a frown. "My son is two… I'd take my son over Tim Tebow."

Color me immature, but, I agree wholeheartedly with his sentiment....and I don't even know his son.
HobbEs
OMG, what a racist! I hope Chip cuts him ASAP...

Seriously? This is the biggest non-issue of the year. First of all it sounds like his answer is taken out of context. And secondly, it's really kind of funny. The question itself was stupid. Shady's a Running Back not a talent evaluator. But I guess if you ask a stupid question you can expect a stupid answer.
Jax
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 14 2014, 12:05 PM) *
Color me immature, but, I agree wholeheartedly with his sentiment....and I don't even know his son.

So beside the point. Who cares if he is right. That's not remotely the point. Why can't agents explain to these young punks how much money it is worth to be liked and to appeal to those that may pay you to endorse their products. Who in the world would want this idiot as a spokesperson representing a company? It goes like this:

Agent: LeSean, people really want to like you A LOT! This could be worth millions to you if you are a great player and a fan favorite.
McCoy: Yeah man, gimme the dough
Agent: Ok, but we have to craft a very complex plan.
McCoy: How do we do that?
Agent: You have to go play your best and STFU!
McCoy: Oh man, that's asking a lot
Phits
QUOTE (Jax @ Apr 14 2014, 12:18 PM) *
So beside the point. Who cares if he is right. That's not remotely the point. Why can't agents explain to these young punks how much money it is worth to be liked and to appeal to those that may pay you to endorse their products. Who in the world would want this idiot as a spokesperson representing a company? It goes like this:

Agent: LeSean, people really want to like you A LOT! This could be worth millions to you if you are a great player and a fan favorite.
McCoy: Yeah man, gimme the dough
Agent: Ok, but we have to craft a very complex plan.
McCoy: How do we do that?
Agent: You have to go play your best and STFU!
McCoy: Oh man, that's asking a lot

or it could go like this:

McCoy: They already like me. Besides, in 3-5 years my career will be on the downside and nobody will care about me then.
Agent: OK, but you can make millions in endorsements if you just STFU.
McCoy: I already have more money than I need. I prefer speaking my mind.
Agent: OK.
D Rock
With the relatively short shelf life of NFL running backs, he's a fool to be such a blowhard in the media and off field nonsense. He's killing whatever career choices might have been available to him after his football career. And judging by what we've seen, does Lesean strike anyone as the sort to effectively invest and save his NFL earnings?

Me thinks he'll be another in the iverson mode who leaves the game as penniless as when he arrived. And of course, play the victim as that reality unfolds.

(sigh)
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 14 2014, 12:34 PM) *

McCoy: They already like me. Besides, in 3-5 years my career will be on the downside and nobody will care about me then.

This is a pretty stupid post, even by your standards. Would you like to wager on Shady going bankrupt a couple years after
his 30th birthday?
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 14 2014, 01:27 PM) *
This is a pretty stupid post, even by your standards. Would you like to wager on Shady going bankrupt a couple years after
his 30th birthday?

It's stupid to suggest that somebody's motivation is driven by something other than money? As for your wager, I will take you up on that. Considering he will be 26 in a few months the odds seem to be in my favor.

nephillymike
Vintage Shady.

Enjoy his skills, which are many.

He's got a long trail of baggage, most you probably never heard.

That being said, Tebow is an easy target. He's a bad qb, his hype and draft status far exceeded his talent.

Add the fact he's a religious fanatic still a virgin, and that's just too much for Shady the baby mama basher to ignore.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 14 2014, 12:34 PM) *

I suppose thats possible. Still makes no sense to me. I'd value being a hero to Philadelphians rather than a great player that is a punk
JaxEagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 14 2014, 12:56 PM) *
With the relatively short shelf life of NFL running backs, he's a fool to be such a blowhard in the media and off field nonsense. He's killing whatever career choices might have been available to him after his football career. And judging by what we've seen, does Lesean strike anyone as the sort to effectively invest and save his NFL earnings?

Me thinks he'll be another in the iverson mode who leaves the game as penniless as when he arrived. And of course, play the victim as that reality unfolds.

(sigh)

totally agree he doesn't strike me as warren buffet. regardless it is stupid to be a jack ass the way he is
JaxEagle
My only defense of this guy is that he seems to show up ready to play and I haven't heard teammates call him a dick the way they do DJax.

Even so, he is tough to like. At least TO had a million dollar smile on top of his assholedness. McCoy has piss and vinegar on top of his. I cringe to think the NYG lineman that he used to go round and round with was probably right...
HOUSEoPAIN
It's stupid to suggest that somebody's motivation is driven by something other than money?

No, it's stupid to suggest McCoy would reason that he has more money than he ever needs. Especially since.....

As for your wager, I will take you up on that. Considering he will be 26 in a few months the odds seem to be in my favor.

Something like 78% of NFL players go broke within 2 years of retirement. Maybe you should recalculate your odds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.