Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phils Sweep
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Two games out of first, one and half out of wild card.

Cole and Adams coming soon.

Could they????...................................
Jax
We needed a home sweep of the fish in order to climb back to 6-6. We have played 2 weeks Mikey wink.gif

Reminds me of a Major League quote. Settle down kid, we got 161 more of these to go biggrin.gif

That said, I can't complain about our starting pitching too much thus far and Rollins and Utley are looking solid.
JaxEagle
We have now lost 3 games in the 9th inning out of 13 played. Way to waste a 5 run comeback in the 8th inning.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 13 2014, 07:28 PM) *
Could they????...................................

No.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 15 2014, 09:35 AM) *
No.

My full question was "could they contend for a wild card?"

Probably same answer though.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 15 2014, 10:13 PM) *
Probably same answer though.

Yes.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 14 2014, 11:08 PM) *
We have now lost 3 games in the 9th inning out of 13 played. Way to waste a 5 run comeback in the 8th inning.

And follow that up with a 9 inning, 1 run, 13k performance by your starting pitcher... wasted because the team can't score a run...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 17 2014, 07:14 AM) *
And follow that up with a 9 inning, 1 run, 13k performance by your starting pitcher... wasted because the team can't score a run...

It was 1-0 in the 6th and I said 'fuck it, we'll probably lose 1-0' and turned it off, yet I was still disgusted this morning when I
heard Lee pitched a complete game and lost.

Next up on the 'try to put some butts in the seats and cover my ass' 2014 strategy - look for Ruben to bring up Ken Giles, so
we have a reliever throwing 100 mph on the roster.
JaxEagle
I totally believe that could happen with Giles. Mitch Williams revisited maybe.

Lee has probably lost a dozen or more games in the past couple years due to our horrendous offense. I hate watching a great pitcher waste performances like that.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 17 2014, 01:23 PM) *
Lee has probably lost a dozen or more games in the past couple years due to our horrendous offense. I hate watching a great
pitcher waste performances like that.

At least that many - Hamels too. On the flip side, how many great Braves pitchers over the years have had their win totals
completely overinflated because of the perennially great Braves offense? Even when you had a bad game all you needed to do
was go 5 innings, and you were pretty much assured of a win.
HOUSEoPAIN
1-0 Phillies in the bottom of the 8th!

How will they blow this one in the 9th?!?!?
JaxEagle
Amazing, we returned the favor to Atlanta. Still say we should have won the series though. Sure can't fault our SP's thus far in the young season.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Apr 17 2014, 03:42 PM) *
Amazing, we returned the favor to Atlanta. Still say we should have won the series though. Sure can't fault our SP's thus far in the young season.

Papelbon's actually been pretty good.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 17 2014, 03:47 PM) *
Papelbon's actually been pretty good.

Yes, just one bad outing where we were up 3-1 in the 9th and he gave up 3 and looked very shaky doing it. I like his competitiveness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.