Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't say the team doesn't want Dion Jordan
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain
Take it for what its worth, as its from "sources" but supposedly we offered up Graham and a second for Dion earlier, and for whatever reason, it didn't happen.

One potential theory is the Dolphins would have to eat a 10M cap hit if they got rid of him before June 1. After June 1, however, they could spread the cap hit out.

Maybe they just want to find a way to make Jordan fit their scheme.

Maybe they want more. Would you be ok with sending 22 and Graham for Jordan?

Link
canadianeagle
Yeah,

I saw that. I'm not sure I would trade our first but I would consider the second pick this year and maybe a 3rd or fourth next year.

The problem with this year is they only have 5 picks. If the Dolphins are open to trading him after June 1st. I am really not sure what they would be willing to accept.
Jax
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 10 2014, 04:33 PM) *
Would you be ok with sending 22 and Graham for Jordan?

Link

no
Zero
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 10 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Would you be ok with sending 22 and Graham for Jordan?Link

If Miami wants to trade him it would seem to mean they don't think he fits their system. If that's the case, we shouldn't give up a #1 for him. That said, could the Eagles get a better player for their defense with the 22nd pick?
nephillymike
No, I don't give them a first.

I would be OK with Graham, this year's 2nd and next year's 5th.

Nothing more.

Z, I think we would get someone at #22 with better stats after one year than Jordan. He was a flop.

You mentioned Diddy's like for Ford. He never cared for Jordan and had him pegged as high on bust potential since last year's draft.

nephillymike
Think of it this way,

Would you trade:

Graham and a top five pick from the list below for Jordan?

I wouldn't trade Graham and any of my top nine from this list for Jordan.

However, three from this list will prolly be there when we pick in the 2nd, so I would do Graham and any of my bottom three for Jordan.

1. CB Dennard
2. WR Lee
3. FS Pryor
4. WR Beckham
5. OG Martin
6. WR Cooks
7. DT Nix
8. CB Roby
9. OLB Shazier
10. DE Tuitt
11. CB Verett
12. DT Hageman
13. CB Fuller
14. WR Benjamin
15. OG Su'a Filo
16. OLB Ford
17 OG Yankey

TGryn
Would absolutely do it. Its trading a low 1st and a player who doesn't fit here for a top-10 talent who could blossom in a 3-4 as a rush OLB, something we're sorely lacking.

The question is whether Kelly is really that high on Jordan. He did sign Chung, one of his former Oregon players, but then passed on Byrd and Ward who also played for him at Oregon. So, I'm not sure that just because a guy played at Oregon means that Kelly wants him again in the NFL. This will also get put to the test during the draft. Does he think De'Anthony Thomas can fill the multi-purpose role that DJax played, or is he satisfied that they've got that covered with Sproles? Does he take a late-round flyer on TE Lyerla even with his drug issues?
JeeQ
I heard the Dolphins were going to accept the trade but including Brandon Graham was a deal-breaker
Eyrie
Assuming Kelly wants Jordan then I'd be willing to wait until June to offer next year's second and Graham for him if it helps Miami's cap position.

Of course, we need to know that Jordan is coming so that we can plan our 2014 draft so the question is whether that trade can be made legally binding in advance of the draft whilst still delaying it until June. I suspect the answer is "no", so I'd be willing to make it our 2014 second and Graham.
D Rock
I'd send them next years first and graham. In fact, I'd prefer that to sending this years 2nd.

If this draft is as deep as reported, it goes to follow that next years will be depleted considering this years depth is bolstered by an unusual number of underclass men coming out early.
TGryn
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 12 2014, 08:11 AM) *
I'd send them next years first and graham. In fact, I'd prefer that to sending this years 2nd.

If we're going to get him this season, this seems like the most likely scenario, done post-June 1st so the Dolphins can spread out the cap hit.

There's some risk involved on our end, obviously. If the season totally goes wrong (for example, if Foles goes on IR early or somehow becomes Hoying II), trading that first would mean giving up a top QB prospect like Mariota to rebuild around. The Redskins took a similar risk with the RGIII trade and it cost them the second overall pick in this draft.
nephillymike
QUOTE (TGryn @ Apr 12 2014, 05:33 PM) *
If we're going to get him this season, this seems like the most likely scenario, done post-June 1st so the Dolphins can spread out the cap hit.

There's some risk involved on our end, obviously. If the season totally goes wrong (for example, if Foles goes on IR early or somehow becomes Hoying II), trading that first would mean giving up a top QB prospect like Mariota to rebuild around. The Redskins took a similar risk with the RGIII trade and it cost them the second overall pick in this draft.

Here's a question TG,

Forgetting about Jordan, what do you think we can get for Graham or Curry by themselves?

Maybe a 7th rounder each? More/less?

Problem is, when you look at the trade value chart, the equivalent of a 7th round pick is so low it doesn't get us many points to move up in a round. Five point for a 7th won't even get us a one spot move up in the 2nd round.

Better just then to take the extra pick.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Ch...RequestTeam=PHI
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.