Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vick
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm truly amazed at how many people do not have the capacity to forgive. They may think their shit doesn't stink, but the day will come when they too will need to make amends for their transgressions and will look for the same compassion and forgiveness they refuse to give to others.
I love SUNY Cortland, and cannot abide welcoming this sociopath onto our campus with open arms. We need to stand by what is right as a university by barring him from the grounds. I donít want him anywhere near my beloved college or community. We MUST send the message that we wonít be party to the torture of animals by conveniently forgetting what he has done. If we welcome Vick onto our campus, we are complicit in his crimes.
Linc ...

Vick did some horrible things to animals. "Unforgivable" torture of innocent creatures. But from everything I've read and heard he has turned around and is working to fight and prevent those same crimes he spent time in jail for committing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the people who can't find compassion or forgiveness for Vick will sign petitions to provide convicted murderers and rapists a color TV and curtains for the their jail cells. I hate what MV did to those dogs, but I also believe people can change and make amends for their mistakes. And I believe Michael Vick has done that. You don't have to like him, but forgiveness isn't acceptance.

JMO
samaroo
Of all the famous people I can think of who have committed any sort of heinous crime, none have seemed as remorseful or "rehabilitated" than Vick. But he still gets more grief than anyone I can think of.

Before he came here, I hated him as a QB, and that's about it. Since he arrived in Philly, he's been great. A great teammate and leader for the Birds, and everything I've read says he's been great in the community as well.

He seems to have learned from his mistakes (which is hard to do) and turned his whole life around for the positive (which is even harder to do.) I wish him luck in all his future endeavors and will look back favorably on his time here. A statement I never would have thought I'd say 5 years ago.

He made his mistakes, paid his price, and is now a positive force in the universe. Let the man live.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 10 2014, 08:38 AM) *
I wouldn't be surprised if the people who can't find compassion or forgiveness for Vick will sign petitions to provide convicted
murderers and rapists a color TV and curtains for the their jail cells.

100% correct. Not to mention, these are the same Nazis who are in full support of 200 Federal agents surrounding a cattle
rancher in Nevada right now (stealing and killing his cattle) under the guise of 'protecting the desert tortoise.'

What Vick did was terrible, he did his time, and he's a positive member of the community.
Jax
Agree. I respect Vick's positive changes.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 10 2014, 08:38 AM) *
I'm truly amazed at how many people do not have the capacity to forgive. They may think their shit doesn't stink, but the day will come when they too will need to make amends for their transgressions and will look for the same compassion and forgiveness they refuse to give to others.
Linc ...

Vick did some horrible things to animals. "Unforgivable" torture of innocent creatures. But from everything I've read and heard he has turned around and is working to fight and prevent those same crimes he spent time in jail for committing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the people who can't find compassion or forgiveness for Vick will sign petitions to provide convicted murderers and rapists a color TV and curtains for the their jail cells. I hate what MV did to those dogs, but I also believe people can change and make amends for their mistakes. And I believe Michael Vick has done that. You don't have to like him, but forgiveness isn't acceptance.

JMO

well said.

that people continue to flog that dead horse says way more about them than anyone else... unfortunately, those loudmouths are always going to be around
Eyrie
Longer term posters will recall that I have been known to change my mind on Vick.

I changed from taking the piss out of his ineptitude as a QB to wanting him hung, drawn and quartered when the dog fighting story broke.

And when Reid signed him I went ballistic, then changed to reminding everyone of his incompetence as a QB because I would otherwise have been on everyone's ignore list.

I didn't change my mind when Vick had a good season here, nor when Kelly arrived and most were drooling about his fit for Kelly's system, because he isn't a good enough passer.

I did change my mind when he left though, because by that time Vick had done enough to demonstrate that he is now a valid human being and deserved my best wishes.

So if I can change my mind on him, why can't others?
D Rock
I hated Vick as a QB since he came into the league. I hated Ron Mexico as a man up until he got nailed for his crimes.

He paid dearly for his crimes which were loathsome and heinous to this dog lover's eyes. He has been nothing but an outstanding role model, leader, and citizen since getting out of prison.

He did his crime. He did his time. I have great respect for the way he was able to turn his life around and for his continued efforts to give back and educate others who may have a similar cultural indifference to what he did.

I still don't like him as a QB, but as a man . . . he's earned my respect and admiration.

BirdsWinBaby
i never liked him as a QB....but i think people should let his past crimes go. you dont even have to forgive him, thats everyone's prerogative. i just think the active campaign to make him continue to pay for his past is wrong

that said, this was bound to happen. there are tons and tons of dog lovers who never had to deal with Vick directly cuz he was philly's problem. when he comes to any town across the country his haters will get their chance to kick dirt on him up close. they will respond like it happened last week

i was really worried that this would be why he was destined to return to my team as a backup. why would any GM/coach sign on to this baggage for an aging QB who sucks and cant stay on the field no matter how good they hope he will be?

fortunately i dont care why anymore thanks to the Jets

Jax
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 10 2014, 04:12 PM) *
I hated Vick as a QB since he came into the league. I hated Ron Mexico as a man up until he got nailed for his crimes.

He paid dearly for his crimes which were loathsome and heinous to this dog lover's eyes. He has been nothing but an outstanding role model, leader, and citizen since getting out of prison.

He did his crime. He did his time. I have great respect for the way he was able to turn his life around and for his continued efforts to give back and educate others who may have a similar cultural indifference to what he did.

I still don't like him as a QB, but as a man . . . he's earned my respect and admiration.

Agree regarding Mexico as a man. I also agree regarding Ron's quarterbacking of a team (particularly if it is my team). Now, his sheer ability to throw missiles and ability to run (moreso in his past at this point) is freaking amazing.
nephillymike
He did his time.

He straightened himself out.

I have no beef with him.

I wish him well and would be happier if he were still here.

Sanchez for Vick straight up?

Not me.

I understand he wants a chance to start and he deserves the chance.

If given that opportunity, he beats out Smith.
Birdman420
Yep, Props to Vick for all he has done post prison.

Wish he was still our backup and not the jet's backup.
TGryn
The big story always gets more attention than the follow-ups, and the big story for Vick was going to jail. For the average person, and a lot of fans, that's all they remember about him. His subsequent reformation was only news in Philly, it didn't get much notice in the national (or New York) media. Most non-NFL fans probably never have heard that about him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.