Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tough Question
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I don't have an answer.

Need to think about that one.
Jax
Incredibly difficult question. I am not sure I can answer that. One guy who may not come to top of most people's minds but who would definitely be on my short list is Duuuuuuuuuuce! I love his heart and attitude as well as his playing style. On top of that he was damn good for us. Another that jumps our for me is Wes Hopkins and Byron Evans. I loved the way those guys laid the lumber. An obvious one is Dawk. Can I add Carmichael, Montgomery, Keith Byars and JB99? Crap, I guess I will stop now, my list would get long.
nephillymike
Sorry.

I mean on today's team!!

All time for me, that's real easy.

B Dawk!
make_it_rain
I was a pretty big Avant fan while he was on the team. Glad to see he got picked up by the Panthers.

Right now? That is a tough question.

McCoy - its been a treat watching this guy in his prime. Total scumbag off the field though.

Defensively, I'm a Curry fan, even though he rarely sees the field and will probably get shopped. Thought he played really well in the snaps he did get in and his background growing up a big Eagles fan, having to hide his Eagles gear on draft day is a pretty cool story.

Boykin is the man as well.
Jax
Oh, today's team. I agree with above, McCoy is just incredible to watch although he isn't easy to like due to his social media garbage. I'm liking Kendricks as he improves. I'm a big Celek fan but I have to go with Foles mainly because I touted him coming out of Arizona and I have been the first and foremost promoter of Foles the whole time, despite many people ripping him. Let's jut hope Foles continues what he showed us last year!
samaroo
Wow, that is a toughie.

On the field: Shady

Overall: Curry or Foles
HobbEs
Right now? Chip Kelly

Seriously though, that's a tough question with a quasi-rebuild going on. I'd have to say my favorite is Trent Cole even though he may not make it through the complete transition to the 3-4.

Like others have said, I love watching McCoy but he needs to clean up his act off the field. Another great season from Foles could put him at the top of the list. My dark horse this year is Ertz.
Jax
Agree with Curry for sentiment but we need him on the field more in order for him to be an all-time beloved Philly sports hero.

Cole is a good call for sure since he is our elder staesman and like his personality.

Ertz is another good call.
Jax
Cole's transition to 3-4 got me thinking... imagine Clowney playing the DeMarcus Ware role in our 3-4... now that wold transition the defense in a hurry!
samaroo
I know he's not homegrown, but Ryans is pretty high on my list as well.

And shame on me for forgetting Cole...
Phits
Sadly, I don't have a favorite Eagle. My affinity for specific players died when McNabb got traded. I like the general make up of the team, but talent aside, they are all interchangeable. I suppose that may partially explain why it doesn't bother me in the least that Jackson is gone.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 7 2014, 08:33 PM) *
I don't have an answer.

Need to think about that one.

Yeah, after they canned Dawkins and McNabb in back-to-back years I haven't really had a 'favorite,' I guess Maclin comes closest, or Shady.
Jax
Yeah I know what you mean. It is tough to get attached to a player in this era of pro team sports.
samaroo
Good advice for youngsters:

"Never get a band tattoo or a jersey until they're long retired or dead."
JeeQ
Donovan McNabb, one of the greatest QBs of all time. That's right I said one of the greatest QBs of all time. Fuck you and your opinion if you don't agree!

DMac!

Super Five!

JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 8 2014, 07:12 AM) *
Sadly, I don't have a favorite Eagle. My affinity for specific players died when McNabb got traded. I like the general make up of the team, but talent aside, they are all interchangeable. I suppose that may partially explain why it doesn't bother me in the least that Jackson is gone.

It eats me up inside that we don't let any of our great players retire here. The fact that McNabb, Westbrook, and Dawkins were all let go to other teams saddens me a little. DeSean was the last hope I had; I thought he'd be an Eagle for life and go down as the greatest WR in Eagles history. But once again the Front Office did what it always does to our great players
Birdman420
Past- Trotter, Bobby Taylor, Asante Samuel(in his prime) and of coarse bdawk.

Present- Kendricks, Celek, Maclin

My favorite eagle of all time will always be Westbrook. Straight up boss on and off the field, Absolute team player and it's a shame that his legacy as an eagle might be surpassed by a lesser man but bigger talent in McCoy.
Eyrie
Don't think there's anyone on the current team despite my support for Foles.

All time would be #3 Cunningham, #2 Westbrook and #1 Dawkins.
HobbEs
It eats me up inside that we don't let any of our great players retire here. The fact that McNabb, Westbrook, and Dawkins were all let go to other teams saddens me a little. DeSean was the last hope I had; I thought he'd be an Eagle for life and go down as the greatest WR in Eagles history. But once again the Front Office did what it always does to our great players

How many of our great players went on to other teams and remained great? (Playing devil's advocate here).

Reggie White won a SB with Green Bay
Randall Cunningham had a couple of good seasons in Minnesota (one very good one under Billick)
Chris Carter also had a great career with Minnesota

That's all I can think of.

The Eagles aren't the only team to do this however. Remember Unitas in San Diego? Montana in KC? Herschel Walker in Minnesota? I understand that we as fans get attached to certain players but the Eagles have a pretty good track record in knowing when to let go and when to hold on.

mcnabbulous
Barwin and Shady for two different reasons.
Dreagon
I've been really impressed with the way Chip Kelly has handled things so far.
D Rock
On our team as it currently stands my favorites are (in order) . . . .

Jason Peters (DOMINANT Supa BadAss)
Kelce (Total Philly Attitude and pretty BadAss for undersized trench fighter)
Meco (Brains of the defensive operation and consistently plays to his ability)
Celek (Love his 'tood on field)
Trent (former 5th round pick and outstanding soldier/effort player - made the transition to OLB without a single complaint)
Thornton (the lil engine that could of a former UDFA)

Wish List:
I wish Lesean wasn't such a ginormous douche bag off the field.
I wish Kendricks could find something . . . ANYTHING in the neighborhood of consistency.
I wish Cox would finally play up to his potential.
Flying Dutchman
Mathis....Kelce....Peters

or

Ertz....Celek

All Time Favorite is surprise: The Flying Dutchman, Steve Van Buren followed closely by Chuck Bednarik
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.