Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's someone who realizes the whole racial aspect
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Good for Whitlock.

Sadly, he'll probably get ripped for his reasonable opinion.

We'll see.

I've said I didn't think it was a racist move.

However, I see no new news in events listed in the article that would have justified the Eagles in waiting until after FA to cut him. That has been my beef all along.
Zero
What he said:
It's my belief Chip Kelly and the Philadelphia Eagles cut DeSean Jackson because they realized a sensationalized media report tying together the diminutive receiver's "gang ties" would eviscerate Jackson's trade value.
Which, by the way, makes much more sense than the Eagles planted the article to justify the release.

Here's the meat of what he sees, the "nut graph" as he puts it:
What the Eagles did to Jackson isn't remotely unprecedented, racist or unfair. Coaches don't like lazy, disrespectful, cancerous massive headaches. Daniel Snyder does. That's why he learned nothing from his Albert Haynesworth experience and Washington was first in line to sign Jackson. Snyder is a billionaire fan with a team. Kelly is a football coach.

So, the picture Whitlock paints is that the Eagles wanted to rid themselves of Jackson because he wasn't a good influence on the younger player where it pertains to working hard, respecting your coaches, etc. Apparently this wasn't a secret and somehow the word got around that they would cut him if they couldn't trade him. Then the NJ.com article was published and they knew they wouldn't be able to trade him so they cut him to be done with it and try to avoid an on going drama.

Maybe they were talking to teams the day after the SB. His contract and his rep, complicated by the deepest WR draft in memory would seem to create some impediment or at least some reservation in a team trading for him. It doesn't have to be that the Eagles f'd up.

Maybe true, maybe not but it makes sense.
Zero
This, from Dawk, seems to fit with what Whitlock is saying:
"This is not something that all of a sudden had the gang affiliation thing tied to it and that was the thing the Eagles looked at to say, You know what? This is the thing were allow him to walk for. No, it was all the other things that have happened over the time that hes been here and the things he has not corrected in his character, some of the things that he does within the building with coaches and the like they were concerned about."

"Its being a professional, its being able to be counted on to be with your team, do what youre supposed to do. Not skate around the corner, the cut corners, not doing some of the things that hes allegedly been doing."
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 4 2014, 04:24 AM) *
What he said:
Which, by the way, makes much more sense than the Eagles planted the article to justify the release.

Here's the meat of what he sees, the "nut graph" as he puts it:

So, the picture Whitlock paints is that the Eagles wanted to rid themselves of Jackson because he wasn't a good influence on the younger player where it pertains to working hard, respecting your coaches, etc. Apparently this wasn't a secret and somehow the word got around that they would cut him if they couldn't trade him. Then the NJ.com article was published and they knew they wouldn't be able to trade him so they cut him to be done with it and try to avoid an on going drama.

Maybe they were talking to teams the day after the SB. His contract and his rep, complicated by the deepest WR draft in memory would seem to create some impediment or at least some reservation in a team trading for him. It doesn't have to be that the Eagles f'd up.

Maybe true, maybe not but it makes sense.

Do you see anything in his article or Dawk's piece that would lead you to believe it was an all of a sudden occurrence which made up their decision to cut him?

Zero
Yeah, the NJ.com article basically closed the door on the possibility of a trade.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Apr 3 2014, 11:28 PM) *

Oh, god. Jason SHITLOCK.
Fuck that dude. He's a hack getting paid off cribbing newspaper comment sections. He's as bad as Marcus Hayes IMO.

Bottom line, the Eagles are a cheap organization, always been cheap, and with letting that speculation fly about so people won't discuss how cheap they are, they're no better than some of the Bush leaguers out there. At least the Patriots own their cheapness (they never get roasted for it except for some of their fans).

it's like Joe Banner never left.

PS - fuck Riley Cooper, I hope he flounders and gets cut.
Zero
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Apr 4 2014, 07:23 AM) *
Fuck that dude. He's a hack getting paid off cribbing newspaper comment sections. He's as bad as Marcus Hayes IMO.

Bottom line, the Eagles are a cheap organization, always been cheap, and with letting that speculation fly about so people won't discuss how cheap they are, they're no better than some of the Bush leaguers out there. At least the Patriots own their cheapness (they never get roasted for it except for some of their fans).

And, I guess fuck BDawk too, right? He's saying basically the same thing.

Cheap? laugh.gif
HobbEs
Oh, god. Jason SHITLOCK.

It's posts like these that make the fan base look stupid. Dude, you don't like it? Back the f*ck off and go follow another team. Grab yourself NFL Sunday ticket and you can watch any team you want. Or are you too cheap to buy it?

All these chicken littles running around squawking about DJax...damn, I'm tired of it already. How about we sit back and watch how it all plays out? There's nothing we can do about it anyway.
Phits
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 4 2014, 09:35 AM) *
It's posts like these that make the fan base look stupid. Dude, you don't like it? Back the f*ck off and go follow another team. Grab yourself NFL Sunday ticket and you can watch any team you want. Or are you too cheap to buy it?

All these chicken littles running around squawking about DJax...damn, I'm tired of it already. How about we sit back and watch how it all plays out? There's nothing we can do about it anyway.

Amen. I remember the same chorus last off season regarding our QB position. I was one of them and had no faith in Foles. Like most, I was proven wrong. Based on that alone (forget that we won the division in year 1 of a re-build) the team has earned some leeway when making personnel choices.
Jax
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 4 2014, 08:35 AM) *

^
sticks n skins
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Apr 4 2014, 05:23 AM) *
Oh, god. Jason SHITLOCK.

What type of fan hopes players of the team do poorly?
D Rock
QUOTE (sticks n skins @ Apr 8 2014, 06:47 AM) *
What type of fan hopes players of the team do poorly?

Did Shit Fans.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 4 2014, 09:35 AM) *

answer me a question: how does Chip's ass taste?
HobbEs
answer me a question: how does Chip's ass taste?

About as good as 'yo mamma's. You got any other intelligent questions?
D Rock
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 10 2014, 07:01 PM) *
About as good as 'yo mamma's. You got any other intelligent questions?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

BOOM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.