Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DeSean Jackson To The Washington Redskins
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
The DeSean Jackson free agency tour may turn out to be a short trip.

Jackson arrived in Washington to meet with the Redskins on Monday evening in a visit that will continue into Tuesday. According to Tim McManus of 97.5 The Fanatic in Philadelphia, things are already progressing toward a possible deal between the two sides.

McManus cites sources relaying that discussions between the two sides are going “very well” and a source close to Jackson that said it’s a “done deal” with the Redskins.

The Redskins are currently the only visit that Jackson has lined up. A second visit would be scheduled if a deal isn’t done in Washington.

Jackson was released by the Eagles on Friday and is coming off the best season of his career. Jackson caught 82 passes for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns with the Eagles last season.

Jackson reportedly is seeking $9-$10 million a season in a new contract. He was scheduled to make $10.5 million with the Eagles this season before being released.

Source: PFT
Zero
Not happy about seeing him twice, especially the Redskins.

BTW, that's an inflammatory signature you have ... not that you care, but it offends me.
Jax
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 1 2014, 04:54 AM) *

BTW, that's an inflammatory signature you have ... not that you care, but it offends me.

If he has to go to our Division then I'd rather have him with the skins. I guess the littlest telemarketer couldn't help himself. Danny boy loves him some fantasy football!
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 1 2014, 05:54 AM) *

Game on Chip and Howie! I'm sure this move won't come back to bite us in the ass!
make_it_rain
Good. I want to hear the chorus of boos throughout the linc when he torches Cary Sconces Williams, flies past Jenkins, and struts into the endzone.

Chip made his bed with his "my way or the highway" bullshit, now let him sleep in it.
Jax
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Apr 1 2014, 11:36 AM) *
Good. I want to hear the chorus of boos throughout the linc when he torches Cary Sconces Williams, flies past Jenkins, and struts into the endzone.

Chip made his bed with his "my way or the highway" bullshit, now let him sleep in it.

It certainly wouldn't be shocking to see that happen. I'm going to focus more on what the Eagles do rather than what DeSean does. If we progress then I don't care if he has the best year ever for a WR in NFL History.
Phits
QUOTE (Jax @ Apr 1 2014, 01:03 PM) *
It certainly wouldn't be shocking to see that happen. I'm going to focus more on what the Eagles do rather than what DeSean does. If we progress then I don't care if he has the best year ever for a WR in NFL History.

cheers.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Apr 1 2014, 01:03 PM) *
I'm going to focus more on what the Eagles do rather than what DeSean does. If we progress then I don't care if he has the best year ever for a WR in NFL History.

Yeah that's a nice statement, except what 'the Eagles' do is affected heavily by this decision, especially since we've essentially transferred #1 WR production to a division
rival who we have to play twice. Not to mention we're going to have to draft a WR first, and you can pretty much forget us beefing up our defense (which will get torched
by him twice next year).
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 1 2014, 01:34 PM) *
Yeah that's a nice statement, except what 'the Eagles' do is affected heavily by this decision, especially since we've essentially transferred #1 WR production to a division
rival who we have to play twice. Not to mention we're going to have to draft a WR first, and you can pretty much forget us beefing up our defense (which will get torched
by him twice next year).

The draft is ripe with quality receivers. We don't have to take one in the first. Jackson's yard production is made up for by the return of Maclin and the signing of Sproles. His 'explosiveness' will be replaced with consistency instead of just 4 explosive games and a disappearing act.
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 1 2014, 12:34 PM) *
by him twice next year).

That is worst case scenario. It is possible but I wouldn't say it is most likely. Nothing we can do anyway so I'm not going to fret about DJax. I'm a bigger Eagles fan than DJax fan.
Zero
Apparently the done deal wasn't done. Off he goes to San Francisco.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 1 2014, 12:34 PM) *
by him twice next year).

And to add insult to injury, we could have cut him in Feb and used the money to sign an upgrade at CB or OLB or DE to lessen the chances of him lighting us up. Not now. The sale is over.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 1 2014, 07:21 PM) *
And to add insult to injury, we could have cut him in Feb and used the money to sign an upgrade at CB or OLB or DE to lessen the chances of him lighting us up. Not now. The sale is over.

He's not in Washington yet and they had the money to do that but didn't.

Geez, you guys are like Pavlov's dog.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 1 2014, 08:11 PM) *

In what way?
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 1 2014, 09:11 PM) *

Deal is done now. Should be an interesting season.

Why does this team do this shit.
JeeQ
On the plus side now we're going to get to find out if the Eagles were right or wrong on this decision.

Wins Over The Redskins + The Playoffs = Eagles Were Right! Hats Off To The Coach & The Front Office

Losses To The Redskins + No Playoffs = Another Historic Flub In The Eagles Long Legacy Of Stupid Decisions

As it stands right now...

DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Santonio Holmes >>> Jeremy Maclin, Riley Cooper, Unnamed Draft Pick
JeeQ
3-Year Deal, we'll be seeing a lot of him... Reports are he got a huge deal, big money
Dreagon
We had to play him twice a year anyway, so in that regard things really haven't changed much for us. The question is, will he be as effective playing with what's left of RGIII as he was with Foles?
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 1 2014, 10:34 PM) *
We had to play him twice a year anyway, so in that regard things really haven't changed much for us. The question is, will he be as effective playing with what's left of RGIII as he was with Foles?

No one except the Redskins are happy he's still in the division

In a fun twist of fate it's now the Redskins who are set on offense and can go all defense in the draft.

It was all good just a week ago...
iggleslover49
No one is gonna have to deal with this shit more than me as my father is a Redskins fan and will throw this in my face repeatedly. With that being said, Djax is a special talent with special speed, but at the end of the day. Is it really as scary as it seems? I'm not so sure. I can't wait for the season to start to see how this plays out, but right now I still believe the skins don't have the defense to hang with us. That offense MIGHT be explosive on paper, but I remember that oline being a mess outside of Trent Williams. They will score points, but they won't score more than us.

Djax is pretty damn good. But I'm kinda glad that he's outta here. He had a tendency to disappear from time to time (especially when he's not happy), he's immature, and even though we as fans don't know what happened in the locker room, the distractions that Desean brought with him are gone. Plus, I think a little more consistency against press coverage bodes well for us. Now Maclin can go and just ball out and hopefully stop playing like a scary bitch, now that Djax isn't there to show him how to do it. My hope is that the loss of Djax costs us some speed, but gives us the opportunity to be a more physical offense. And that Maclin feeds off of the other big recievers and runs hard after the catch instead of going down before the defender even gets to him.
Zero
Nice post, 49. I'm a bit surprised Jackson got the deal he did ... $16 mil guaranteed. It is the Danny team though so I agree it will interesting to see how it plays out. And, let's not forget that RGIII was a mess last year too. Was it the Shananans or is he the whiny bitch some reports make him out to be? If the team doesn't respect RGIII and they add Jackson that could be a recipe for a bouncing betty of troubles. Also, stretching the field isn't going to do much good if the QB doesn't have time, and that OL was pretty weak if memory serves.

I wish we had gotten something for him!
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 2 2014, 01:56 AM) *
In a fun twist of fate it's now the Redskins who are set on offense and can go all defense in the draft.

Except they have a piss poor offensive line. which is a big deal when you need to give your QB time for a play to develop so he can throw it downfield to their brand new shiny expensive wide out.
D Rock
QUOTE (iggleslover49 @ Apr 2 2014, 07:20 AM) *
No one is gonna have to deal with this shit more than me as my father is a Redskins fan and will throw this in my face repeatedly.

Just like with Trott and Supa5 . . . me thinks you'll have more opportunity to rub crap in his face than the other way 'round.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 2 2014, 12:41 PM) *
Except they have a piss poor offensive line. which is a big deal when you need to give your QB time for a play to develop so he can throw it downfield to their brand new shiny expensive wide out.

Yup. DJax wasn't so good when we were playing 4th string Tackles and centers a couple of years back.
mcnabbulous
Who cares about his impact on the Skins? It's what we won't be getting from him. A proven entity. More long TD's than anyone else in football. The best big play receiver in the game. And we just gave him away.

Because he was such a distraction, missing all those meetings, that no one ever heard about it while he was having a career year and we were making the playoffs.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 2 2014, 03:59 PM) *
Because he was such a distraction, missing all those meetings, that no one ever heard about it while he was having a career year and we were making the playoffs.

So you'd feel somehow better about it had you "heard about" his missed meetings?
mcnabbulous
Id feel better if there was some sort of measurable, negative impact on the field. Not just part of a smear campaign to make us feel better about flushing a top-10 WR down the drain with nothing to show for it.

If that shit was going on during the season, why wasn't Desean getting benched? He was mismanaged by his $6.5mm head coach.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 2 2014, 04:21 PM) *
Id feel better if there was some sort of measurable, negative impact on the field. Not just part of a smear campaign to make us feel better about flushing a top-10 WR down the drain with nothing to show for it.

If that shit was going on during the season, why wasn't Desean getting benched? He was mismanaged by his $6.5mm head coach.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Smear campaign? Look at you. Talking out both sides of your mouth. AGAIN.

Which is it? Are you pissed you never "heard about" his misdeeds? Or a "smear campaign?"

Logically, were either to actually exist . . . they'd cancel each other out, so you can't have both.
mcnabbulous
What are you talking about?

We never heard of these missed meetings during the year, when Desean played all season, was never disciplined, and had a career year.

On the verge of being released, we hear all about these missed meetings and gang affiliations. Smear campaign.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 2 2014, 12:32 PM) *
What are you talking about?

We never heard of these missed meetings during the year, when Desean played all season, was never disciplined, and had a career year.

On the verge of being released, we hear all about these missed meetings and gang affiliations. Smear campaign.

how many players did you hear about being disciplined throughout last season?
mcnabbulous
What does that have to do with Desean? He's the only pro bowler we cut.

He started 16 games last year.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 2 2014, 01:36 PM) *
What does that have to do with Desean? He's the only pro bowler we cut.

He started 16 games last year.

I should have written; how many Eagles players did you see/read/hear being disciplined last season?
Wheeljack
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 2 2014, 01:56 AM) *
No one except the Redskins are happy he's still in the division

It was all good just a week ago...

front office is some idiots, pretending that they're the Patriots post-Spygate.
Phits
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Apr 2 2014, 01:59 PM) *
front office is some idiots, pretending that they're the Patriots post-Spygate.

Front office are the same "idiots" who didn't draft a QB last season. The same "idiots" who had an open QB competition to let the best QB win. The same "idiots" who stuck with Foles even after Vick came back from injury. The same "idiots" who helped develop Foles, a QB who most of us would have cut after last season.

I'll go with the "idiots" who manage the Eagles rather than some of the unemployed NFL GM's who post on chat boards.
Jax
We sure have some whiny bitches round here
Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 2 2014, 01:09 PM) *
Front office are the same "idiots" who didn't draft a QB last season. The same "idiots" who had an open QB competition to let the best QB win. The same "idiots" who stuck with Foles even after Vick came back from injury. The same "idiots" who helped develop Foles, a QB who most of us would have cut after last season.

I'll go with the "idiots" who manage the Eagles rather than some of the unemployed NFL GM's who post on chat boards.

Another thing they might be looking at (and it sorta surprises me that even Snyder guaranteed that much money because of this) is that Jackson is a small receiver who depends on being the fastest man on the field to succeed....and he's creeping toward 30. Those type of receivers are dynamic, but then suddenly get old awfully fast. They're not the long-careered, possession type of receiver in the NFL.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 2 2014, 11:55 AM) *
Another thing they might be looking at (and it sorta surprises me that even Snyder guaranteed that much money because of this) is that Jackson is a small receiver who depends on being the fastest man on the field to succeed....and he's creeping toward 30. Those type of receivers are dynamic, but then suddenly get old awfully fast. They're not the long-careered, possession type of receiver in the NFL.

Maybe Dallas should just release Dez Bryant now too. He's going to need an extension soon as he's already knocking on the door of 26. Not to mention his father was a pimp so it's only a matter of time before Dez starts choking and smacking bitches on the sideline.
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 2 2014, 08:13 PM) *
Maybe Dallas should just release Dez Bryant now too. He's going to need an extension soon as he's already knocking on the door of 26. Not to mention his father was a pimp so it's only a matter of time before Dez starts choking and smacking bitches on the sideline.

Dez Bryant is a beast. He's freaking huge AND fast. He's also not 1 concussion away from retirement.

Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 2 2014, 03:13 PM) *

Oh believe me, I'm well aware of Bryant's shortcomings. I was not knocking Jackson, I was just offering another possible rationale yall's front office might have been considering when they released him.
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 2 2014, 02:55 PM) *

That's reasonable. He's a one trick pony who is very good at that one trick. However, I don't think it is any single reason more like a combination of issues. None by themselves are reason enough, but collectively.....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 2 2014, 05:00 PM) *
Dez Bryant is a beast. He's freaking huge AND fast. He's also not 1 concussion away from retirement.

DJax is as if not more productive than Dez - but wait that doesn't matter, stats have nothing to do with wins, right?. But we won more games than Dallas.....hold on, Spadaro
here is trying to make believe he has football knowledge to justify this move. And every football player is one concussion away from retirement.

Pathetic attempt, junior. Stick to giving Phits's posts thumbs-up. For the record, how long have YOU been watching football?
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 2 2014, 06:47 PM) *
DJax is as if not more productive than Dez - but wait that doesn't matter, stats have nothing to do with wins, right?. But we won more games than Dallas.....hold on, Spadaro
here is trying to make believe he has football knowledge to justify this move. And every football player is one concussion away from retirement.

Pathetic attempt, junior. Stick to giving Phits's posts thumbs-up. For the record, how long have YOU been watching football?

Dez is about 5 inches taller and about 50 lbs heavier and he plays the entire field. As a result Dez is a more versatile receiving threat.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 2 2014, 04:48 PM) *
That's reasonable. He's a one trick pony who is very good at that one trick. However, I don't think it is any single reason more like a combination of issues. None by themselves are reason enough, but collectively.....

This is my thinking as well. It probably came down to an assortment of things, with none of them being serious enough to let him go by themselves. You guys have a pretty good front office, so when they make a move like this I would withhold judgement a while just to see how things shake out.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 2 2014, 05:47 PM) *

Dez Bryant played hurt for most of the season and still had more catches and more TDs....An example of the difference between he and Jackson....he can play hurt and contribute...Jackson is far more fragile....
JeeQ
laugh.gif You guys are the best. So Dez's suspicious past history and affiliations, his locker room antics, his arguing on the sideline, his arguing with the QB is all fine and dandy, but it's not for DeSean. Interesting...

QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 2 2014, 11:09 AM) *

We all have as many Super Bowl wins under our belt as the entire Eagles front office so can we please stop hailing them as a group of geniuses. New franchises have been created and won Super Bowls already
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 2 2014, 09:18 PM) *
laugh.gif You guys are the best. So Dez's suspicious past history and affiliations, his locker room antics, his arguing on the sideline, his arguing with the QB is all fine and dandy, but it's not for DeSean. Interesting...

Difference nobody is asking for the current incarnation of Dez Bryato be on the Iggles. Terrell Owens was a better WR than either Dez or DeSean. Knowing what I now I wouldn't want him as part of my team. Talent isn't everything.

We all have as many Super Bowl wins under our belt as the entire Eagles front office so can we please stop hailing them as a group of geniuses. New franchises have been created and won Super Bowls already

Difference is championships aren't everything. Barry Sanders is considered one of the greatest RB's of all time, he barely sniffed the post season, let alone win a championship. based on your interpretation he shouldn't be considered one of the best. How about Adrian Peterson? Andy Reid wore out his welcome here in Philly, but he is one of the finest coaches this franchise has seen. Barry Switzer has a SB ring, does that make him better than AR?

Your logic is warped.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 2 2014, 06:39 PM) *
Difference is championships aren't everything. Barry Sanders is considered one of the greatest RB's of all time, he barely sniffed the post season, let alone win a championship. based on your interpretation he shouldn't be considered one of the best. How about Adrian Peterson? Andy Reid wore out his welcome here in Philly, but he is one of the finest coaches this franchise has seen. Barry Switzer has a SB ring, does that make him better than AR?

Your logic is warped.

It is if putting together a championship team is the sole criteria you're judged on. Like you said Barry Sanders is one of the greatest RBs of all time, he proved it on the field. AP is going to be one of the greatest RBs of all time, he proved it on the field. Andy Reid is an incredible coach, he's proved it on the field.

The Eagles FO have an empty trophy case so all they've proved is they know how not to build a championship team. All I've seen from this FO is the ability to take one step forward, and then ten steps back.

We bungled the entire TO situation after going to the Super Bowl the previous year, haven't seen the Super Bowl since. Then again we haven't seen a playoff win in a long time either. Not since Donovan McNabb was QB, who we rid ourselves of after a winning season. Then there's the Dawkins, how's our safety situation looking since we got rid of him on his way to a Pro Bowl season? Now the smartest front office with no rings has brought us another genius idea. Let's rid ourselves of a Pro-Bowl WR in his prime and allow him to sign with a division rival. SUPER BOWL BABY!
Zero
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Apr 2 2014, 10:06 PM) *
We bungled the entire TO situation ...

Really? The man called out his franchise QB, Douglas had to prevent a physical confrontation between him and McNabb. I'm not supporting DMac in that fiasco, but he was the franchise QB and TOO handled the situation about as badly as possible. That is not the Eagles bungling the situation.

Why are there always reactionary people who feel compelled to find someone to blame. With Eagle fans, that blame usually goes to the team. I'm no happier about any of this than you or anyone else but always too damn easy to point a finger someplace.
D Rock
Not true. Douglas had his own physical confrontation with TO. He wasn't protecting McNabb. McNabb is the one that screwed the pooch on that deal because he didn't have the nards to stand up to TOs bullshit and cried to the media about "black on black" crime through is daddy.

Sackless wonder he is/was.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.