Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phillies Update
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
Haha, with an ERA of 14.40, Cliff Lee gets the win! And Jimmy Rollins is the league leader in RBIs!

World Series, here we come! laugh.gif

*edit - has Cliff Lee ever given up 8 earned runs in a game? And gotten the win no less?
Jax
Our Ace (presently anyway) gives up 8 in 5 innings and gets the win. Who'd have thunk it!

J-Roll's 200th bomb is a GS.

Cody Asche was probably the player of the game despite J-Roll's Slam.
Flying Dutchman
In a few years it will be Asche, Crawford, Hernandez and Franco as our infield. The future is fairly bright.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Mar 31 2014, 09:17 PM) *
In a few years it will be Asche, Crawford, Hernandez and Franco as our infield. The future is fairly bright.

No Freddy Galvis?
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 31 2014, 10:10 PM) *
No Freddy Galvis?

He certainly has some exceptional talent and could fit easily at SS or 2B. Problem is my sister came down with MRSA 7 years ago and has never been able to shake loose from it. I have seen first hand how much she has faded away and become even more disease prone because of it. It flat out scares me, I hope Freddy is one of the lucky ones who recover.
Jax
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Apr 1 2014, 03:34 AM) *
He certainly has some exceptional talent and could fit easily at SS or 2B. Problem is my sister came down with MRSA 7 years ago and has never been able to shake loose from it. I have seen first hand how much she has faded away and become even more disease prone because of it. It flat out scares me, I hope Freddy is one of the lucky ones who recover.

I'm sorry it has affected your sister so much. That is bad.
Jax
April 1, 2014 - First-place Phillies!
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Jax @ Apr 1 2014, 08:27 AM) *
I'm sorry it has affected your sister so much. That is bad.

Thanks Jax, her immune system is almost non-existent now. She's been through everything that Shands, Mayo and
National Jewish can do for her and is on her last hope spending weeks at a time up at Hopkins in Baltimore. This nasty
destruction of a once healthy, athletic woman is why I worry so much about Freddie G.. Hopefully they caught it in time
and his youth will serve him well. I pray for anyone who gets this damn thing.
Jax
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Apr 1 2014, 12:53 PM) *
Thanks Jax, her immune system is almost non-existent now. She's been through everything that Shands, Mayo and
National Jewish can do for her and is on her last hope spending weeks at a time up at Hopkins in Baltimore. This nasty
destruction of a once healthy, athletic woman is why I worry so much about Freddie G.. Hopefully they caught it in time
and his youth will serve him well. I pray for anyone who gets this damn thing.

I was really ingorant to this disease until recently. It really is a terrible thing. Best wishes for your sister.
Jax
Well, we got 1 day of good times out of the 2014 Phils. Perhaps maybe a few more moments to come but in the last 2 days the Phils have shown they are what we thought they were.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Jax @ Apr 3 2014, 12:43 PM) *
Well, we got 1 day of good times out of the 2014 Phils. Perhaps maybe a few more moments to come but in the last 2 days
they have shown themselves to be exactly what I thought they were.

We get arguably Lee's worst start ever, and he gets the win as we plate 14. We get solid starts from Burnett and Kendrick, and
our bullpen blows two saves in two nights, with little offense. God I hope the Flyers last a couple playoff rounds until we can
start getting geared up for football season.
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Apr 3 2014, 11:46 AM) *
We get arguably Lee's worst start ever, and he gets the win as we plate 14. We get solid starts from Burnett and Kendrick, and
our bullpen blows two saves in two nights, with little offense. God I hope the Flyers last a couple playoff rounds until we can
start getting geared up for football season.

True. maybe the Flyers will give us something.

I feel bad for Kendrick and Burnett. They pitched well and got hosed by our 'pen.
HOUSEoPAIN
Hey Ruben, I hear this guy is available to play outfield!

Jax
Thats funny. I'd have been pissed if I was the 1B also.
Jax
Well, Phils have gotten 4 good starting pitching performaces out of 5. We should be 5-0 or 4-1. Not that it makes too much difference I don't think but a 5-0 start might have created a little interest.
nephillymike
Keep on winning 3 of 5 we should be in the wc hunt.
Jax
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 5 2014, 04:31 PM) *
Keep on winning 3 of 5 we should be in the wc hunt.

Yeah that would be possible if we played the Rangers and Cubs all season long.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.