Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone remember Shawn Andrews?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Amazingly talented OLineman, but his heart was not in football, it was a job to support his real passion...music. Sound familiar? Now he was also bat-shit crazy in some ways, but my point is only about the level of passion for the game, and it really seems that Jackson is similar in some ways. Up to now he could operate on raw talent, but seven years into his career you kind of need to work harder to keep your career going at a high level. I suspect DeSean's best days will be behind him if he goes to his next team and continues to rely on natural talent. Just a thought.

On the flips side, we have Kelly, who graded his first year at 58%. Not someone who saw it as a success at all, and somebody who driven to improve. While some may think this was a mistake, and maybe it was, nobody can really tell at all. And if it was, I am fairly confident Chip will learn and improve because of it. Great leaders make lots of mistakes, but they use them to make better decisions in the future, and that is where I side with Chip. Jackson gave me great moments and highlights, but Chip showed me he can swim with the sharks in the deep end, and I think he will get better as time goes on. Not sure Jackson will.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 30 2014, 04:24 PM) *
Amazingly talented OLineman, but his heart was not in football, it was a job to support his real passion...music. Sound familiar? Now he was also bat-shit crazy in some ways, but my point is only about the level of passion for the game, and it really seems that Jackson is similar in some ways. Up to now he could operate on raw talent, but seven years into his career you kind of need to work harder to keep your career going at a high level. I suspect DeSean's best days will be behind him if he goes to his next team and continues to rely on natural talent. Just a thought.

On the flips side, we have Kelly, who graded his first year at 58%. Not someone who saw it as a success at all, and somebody who driven to improve. While some may think this was a mistake, and maybe it was, nobody can really tell at all. And if it was, I am fairly confident Chip will learn and improve because of it. Great leaders make lots of mistakes, but they use them to make better decisions in the future, and that is where I side with Chip. Jackson gave me great moments and highlights, but Chip showed me he can swim with the sharks in the deep end, and I think he will get better as time goes on. Not sure Jackson will.

i dont think Djax's game is multi-faceted enough for him to work to improve anything....QB takes snap, Djax tries to run by his defender. if you want to get really tricky he does an end around and tries to run by his defenders

he gets by on his natural talent (speed) because its all he does and all he is interested in doing. his career will last as long as he is faster than most of the guys covering him and he appears to be fine with that

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.