Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Timers. A question
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
It seems to me that the reaction to DJ's departure is less severe than the reaction to TO's departure.

Do you remember it the same way?

I find that odd given of how much of an ass TO was in his childish crap compared to DJ.
JeeQ
I think it's because by now the Old Timers have resigned to the fact they're going to die long before the Eagles win a Super Bowl biggrin.gif But hopefully with any luck our children's children's children's children will one day be able to witness such a miracle

Not to mention back when we had McNabb/TO we were knocking on the door of a Super Bowl. Now the fan base is overjoyed if we have a winning record. The expectations have plummeted. We've accepted the mentality of a loser team.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 30 2014, 03:10 PM) *
It seems to me that the reaction to DJ's departure is less severe than the reaction to TO's departure.

I find that odd given of how much of an ass TO was in his childish crap compared to DJ.

TO's performance in the Super Bowl earned him a lifetime pass, playing injured and having a monster game. DJax has admitted to dogging it when he wasn't getting paid
much. That goes a long way in Philly.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 30 2014, 03:10 PM) *

The feeling then was...we were in the SB with him and needed him to get back to it.
Jackson had 3 catches for 53 yards in a first round loss to the aints, and was single covered by a CB all day.

Zero
Two words: Donovan McNabb. All the lead up to TOO with DMac's whining, his self pity, black on black and failure to stand up to TOO plus puking in the SB (or at least the story that he did) while TOO was super man.
Jax
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 30 2014, 02:52 PM) *
The feeling then was...we were in the SB with him and needed him to get back to it.
Jackson had 3 catches for 53 yards in a first round loss to the aints, and was single covered by a CB all day.

and those 3 catches were all in quasi-garbage time as we tried to mount a late comeback.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Jax @ Mar 30 2014, 08:09 PM) *
and those 3 catches were all in quasi-garbage time as we tried to mount a late comeback.

The catches also came after the CB who had covered him all day got a concussion and was out of the game.
Dreagon
It could also be the reaction is not as severe this time BECAUSE of yall's previous experience with TO. He was something of a learning experience for several teams.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.