Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No teammate seem to care at all that Jackson is gone.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
That speaks volumes.
Twilcox0522
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 30 2014, 04:29 AM) *
That speaks volumes.

That doesnt mean anything.... they probably know they say something thats their a$& to!!!cant imagine evryone hating the man.one question.I.have is if he was late to meeting and etc how come he never got fined or suspended or.anything........o wait he helped them win!
koolaidluke
I think they're scared to tell you the truth. We know that Desean had several friends on the team and that Kendricks even publicly said he wanted him back before going totally mute since then. I think the players think that saying anything pro Desean would be seen as siding against Chip.
Phits
No former players/coaches have come out to defend him either.

hmmm...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 30 2014, 01:52 PM) *
No former players/coaches have come out to defend him either.

hmmm...

Hmmm.....it's almost as if he was a pain in the ass, had an attitude problem, and they wanted him gone, no? Then why are they lying to us about it? rolleyes.gif
nephillymike
Who have we heard from?

The 24/7 article had:

A luke warm reply from Maclin (who stands to make more money in 2015 if DJ is gone)
A ringing endorsement from Cooper
A "no player is bigger than the team" reply from Herremans

We had other sources of opinions:
A ringing endorsement from Kendricks
A 'happy he's gone" reply from Kelce

Did I miss any?

And you have to remember, when a team cuts one of it's best players without getting anything in return, it probably is an effective muzzle for anyone else left who may not like it, no??

If they don't like it, they could be next. Especially since the team has had no response yet.

Once the team speaks, then they will know the company line they are free to support.

JeeQ
Jackson just got released for not being a "good and loyal soldier" you think anyone else wants to be next? Consider the Eagles effectively muzzled for the rest of the season. Also he has been defended by other players around the league. The one's who aren't afraid of being fired for having an opinion different from the team.

Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 30 2014, 02:33 PM) *
Jackson just got released for not being a "good and loyal soldier" you think anyone else wants to be next? Consider the Eagles effectively muzzled for the rest of the season. Also he has been defended by other players around the league. The one's who aren't afraid of being fired for having an opinion different from the team.

C'mon he got released for being a self-centered, egotistical, A-Hole who couldn't/wouldn't conform to his coach's rules. You don't piss on your bosses shoes and and get away with it. Show up. shut up. and bust your butt doing your job.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 30 2014, 01:55 PM) *
Hmmm.....it's almost as if he was a pain in the ass, had an attitude problem, and they wanted him gone, no? Then why are they lying to us about it? rolleyes.gif

who is lying about it, nj.com? are they part of the Eagles front office?
JeeQ
QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Mar 30 2014, 02:48 PM) *
C'mon he got released for being a self-centered, egotistical, A-Hole who couldn't/wouldn't conform to his coach's rules. You don't piss on your bosses shoes and and get away with it. Show up. shut up. and bust your butt doing your job.

Says who? The Eagles? Because they still haven't said a word... but they have let the media run rampant with his gang affliations

If he wasn't conforming and being a "good and loyal solider" then you suspend him, or you fine him. If you are going to release him for those reasons then why be so afraid to come out and say it? Unless you'd like to name me all the other teams releasing Pro-Bowlers solely because of those reasons. How hard would this have been:

"The Eagles have decided to release DeSean Jackson due to conduct detrimental to the team"

That's perfectly understandable. Plenty of players have been released due to being locker room cancers and I've never seen a team afraid to list that as their reason. So far the Eagles have released DeSean and listed no reasons doing so. Which given the Eagles history and the size of DeSean's contract I can't help but think that they didn't feel like paying him, and the used the gang story as a convenient (orchestrated) excuse.

Two weeks ago DeSean Jackson wouldn't have made a list of the Top 10 most disruptive players, now he's on T.O.'s level. I have to give the FO credit for completely brainwashing the sheep so easily.

"I Can't Believe The Eagles Would Release a 3-Time Pro-Bowler In His Prime!!! Oh Wait... I Just Read He's A Gang Banger... Well Then Never Mind, I Completely Understand"
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 30 2014, 06:42 PM) *
but they have let the media run rampant with his gang affliations

That's not their problem. He is no longer an Eagle. DJax is Crip affiliated. He has one of the members signed to his music label. It's his problem to dispute any claims or false accusations. As you mentioned, the Eagles have not commented on the situation, so everything is speculation. What is clear is that he does not fit the mold of what the franchise is looking for. The specifics are irrelevant.

If he wasn't conforming and being a "good and loyal solider" then you suspend him, or you fine him.

Or you make an example of the "star player" and cut the dead weight.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 30 2014, 06:31 PM) *
who is lying about it, nj.com? are they part of the Eagles front office?

No. But the Eagles FO has purposely implied his release is because of gang ties, when it's pretty obvious his release is because Chip doesn't want to deal with him anymore.
And that's fine, but just come out and say it. Are you going to support this decision if he becomes a Redskin and torches us twice next year?
Zero
I didn't see or hear any implication from the Eagles. That's really why this entire thing is going viral.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 30 2014, 05:53 PM) *
No. But the Eagles FO has purposely implied his release is because of gang ties, when it's pretty obvious his release is because Chip doesn't want to deal with him anymore.
And that's fine, but just come out and say it. Are you going to support this decision if he becomes a Redskin and torches us twice next year?

They did?

After careful consideration during this off-season, the Philadelphia Eagles have decided to part ways with DeSean Jackson. The team informed him of his release today.

That was their statement on it.....Now please provide where they said anything like what you have said they said. Where in there does it imply anything?

JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 30 2014, 03:51 PM) *
That's not their problem. He is no longer an Eagle. DJax is Crip affiliated. He has one of the members signed to his music label. It's his problem to dispute any claims or false accusations. As you mentioned, the Eagles have not commented on the situation, so everything is speculation. What is clear is that he does not fit the mold of what the franchise is looking for. The specifics are irrelevant.

Let's say an article comes out that says "Phits is a pedophile, loves the kiddies", then 30 minutes later, your job fires you, doesn't give a reason.

People start asking your employer "Is there any coincidence between Phits being called a pedophile and then you firing him?" Though instead of defending you, or telling the reason behind your release, they choose not to comment. Simply stating "that after careful consideration they've decided to part ways with Phits."

More articles come out saying "Phits is a pedophile" from sources all over the country now. There's even an article about how your "Uncle's Cousin's Sister's Former Roommate Twice Removed Was A Pedophile" so you must be a pedophile by association.

You try to claim innocence but why should anyone believe you when all these articles say otherwise? Not to mention your own employer fired you after the article came out. I can only be left to assume your a pedophile.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 30 2014, 06:14 PM) *
Let's say an article comes out that says "Phits is a pedophile, loves the kiddies", then 30 minutes later, your job fires you, doesn't give a reason.

People start asking your employer "Is there any coincidence between Phits being called a pedophile and then you firing him?" Though instead of defending you, or telling the reason behind your release, they choose not to comment. Simply stating "that after careful consideration they've decided to part ways with Phits."

More articles come out saying "Phits is a pedophile" from sources all over the country now. There's even an article about how your "Uncle's Cousin's Sister's Former Roommate Twice Removed Was A Pedophile" so you must be a pedophile by association.

You try to claim innocence but why should anyone believe you when all these articles say otherwise? Not to mention your own employer fired you after the article came out. I can only be left to assume your a pedophile.

One problem with this ridiculous example....the Eagles have been trying to get rid of him for months.....apparently you missed those headlines......before the article came out....it looks like they just said it was time for them to get out of the circus tent....
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 30 2014, 07:14 PM) *

Assuming Phits was a public figure, he should have been cognizant of the image he portrayed when photographed in public....for reasons such as this. In your scenario, it is not the responsibility of Phits' employer to manage his public image.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 30 2014, 07:09 PM) *
They did?

After careful consideration during this off-season, the Philadelphia Eagles have decided to part ways with DeSean Jackson. The team informed him of his release today.

That was their statement on it.....Now please provide where they said anything like what you have said they said. Where in there does it imply anything?

nj.com released a hit piece on him talking about his gang ties, and then the Eagles cut him. And why the hell are we talking about this? Everyone on this board agrees that
DJax was a pain in the ass, and had a bad attitude. Ok fine, so cut him then. Just tell us the truth. It has been implied that his gang ties are the reason he was cut, which
is total BS. Everyone in the football world has known about his gang ties for 7 years or more.
Zero
JeeQ, you give new meaning to "stretch."
Zero
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 30 2014, 06:54 PM) *
It has been implied that his gang ties are the reason he was cut, which
is total BS.
But not by the Eagles.
bwc2112
I am with Dutch, and don't forget one of our stars turned cancer T.O. .Then our good friend Jerry Jones picked him up. (how did that work out?)
Reality Fan
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 30 2014, 06:54 PM) *
nj.com released a hit piece on him talking about his gang ties, and then the Eagles cut him. And why the hell are we talking about this? Everyone on this board agrees that
DJax was a pain in the ass, and had a bad attitude. Ok fine, so cut him then. Just tell us the truth. It has been implied that his gang ties are the reason he was cut, which
is total BS. Everyone in the football world has known about his gang ties for 7 years or more.

They have not implied anything...you inferred that and so has the media...there is a huge difference...the Eagles tried to unload him well before the article came out and well before the reporters reached out the eagles for comment. Those are facts.

It appears the Eagles got tired of the circus. As I have said, they could have been dicks and held on to him for a while and made it harder for him to find a new home.

You seem to miss the point that there is a fine legal line to walk with what you can say about an employee when you let him go. They chose to take the safest route and say nothing.
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 30 2014, 06:42 PM) *
Plenty of players have been released due to being locker room cancers and I've never seen a team afraid to list that as their reason.

show me one team (ever) that released a player for being a locker room cancer and listed that as the reason.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 30 2014, 04:20 PM) *
One problem with this ridiculous example....the Eagles have been trying to get rid of him for months.....apparently you missed those headlines......before the article came out....it looks like they just said it was time for them to get out of the circus tent....

Then say that and stop letting this damning article be used as a smoke screen. As I keep saying if that's the true reason it's understandable, but say that. They let the media speak for them when the rumors of his problems with Coach Kelly came out months ago, and now they're letting the media speak for them again with the gang affiliations.

QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 30 2014, 05:02 PM) *
JeeQ, you give new meaning to "stretch."

It's almost as much as a stretch as releasing a guy with no criminal record for being a gang member

QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 30 2014, 05:39 PM) *
show me one team (ever) that released a player for being a locker room cancer and listed that as the reason.

When Owens was released by the Eagles in 2005 after just seven games, it was because he had become a huge distraction in the locker room

Phits
Thats not a team release.
Zero
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 30 2014, 07:59 PM) *
It's almost as much as a stretch as releasing a guy with no criminal record for being a gang member

Show us where the Eagles said anything about him being a gang member and this will go away.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 30 2014, 04:29 AM) *
That speaks volumes.

I'm guessing they don't want to also be cut/appear "problematic". It's NFL politics at its worse.

I'm not buying the company line anymore with this team. Especially after watching a supposedly "done" Brian Dawkins get cut, go to the Donkeys, still be a Pro Bowler, and the Eagles struggle to find anyone to replace him even at a basic level in the secondary.

DeSean was nowhere near "done" and the more time passes, this looks like the Eagles were cheap, and Chip is being a moralistic (expletive deleted). I expect this kind of lameness from the Patriots, not the Eagles. Even the Philly beat writers are smelling elephant dung in the midst...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 30 2014, 08:08 PM) *
You seem to miss the point that there is a fine legal line to walk with what you can say about an employee when you let him
go. They chose to take the safest route and say nothing.

This isn't an accounting firm in Kensington laying off the receptionist because she's a drunk and her hands shake. They owe the
fans more than saying nothing, especially when it's a player of his caliber and we're getting nothing in return. Hell, Banner and
Reid gave us more info when they got rid of McNabb, Dawkins, TO, and Trotter.

What's done is done, we'll see what happens and what if anything comes out. All I'm saying is the move better end up working
out, or Chip and Howie's honeymoon with the fans will end real quick.
Phits
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 31 2014, 12:49 PM) *
Hell, Banner and Reid gave us more info when they got rid of McNabb, Dawkins, TO, and Trotter.

They did? What additional information was given?
Phits
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Mar 31 2014, 12:28 PM) *
I'm not buying the company line anymore with this team. Especially after watching a supposedly "done" Brian Dawkins get cut, go to the Donkeys, still be a Pro Bowler, and the Eagles struggle to find anyone to replace him even at a basic level in the secondary.

Dawkins looked old and finished in his last couple of seasons with us. The straw was how bad and often he was beaten against the Cards in the championship game. Kudos to him for getting back to the basics and returning to form as a Bronco, because he wasn't going to do it as an Eagle.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 31 2014, 01:05 PM) *
Dawkins looked old and finished in his last couple of seasons with us. The straw was how bad and often he was beaten against the Cards in the championship game. Kudos to him for getting back to the basics and returning to form as a Bronco, because he wasn't going to do it as an Eagle.

I loved everything about Dawk as an Eagle, EXCEPT his post season performances. He flubbed it several times. Great player but a post-season choker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.