Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The :smoking gun" was thought to be the robbery
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The thinking was (by me privately, by others publicly):

Who the hell keeps $200,000 of cash at their house? That must have been dirty money and that probably will lead to some gang or drug ties that will do him in.

Well, there's public supposition and then there's the results of an investigation, one that we surprisingly heard little if anything about.

A $700 gun
A $110,000 diamond studded Rolex
$20,000 of cash.

Confirmed by the PDP

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/03/...-investigation/

So that's not it, at least not yet. And since he's not under investigation for it, it seems unlikely that that will yield any solid reasons for cutting him.

There must have been something real bad that happened out in California.

If nothing else. curiousity is killing the cat here!
Zero
That robbery was strange. He didn't have insurance and claimed a large amount of cash was stolen ... he's reported to be broke. There was no sign of forced entry. Small amounts of cash were not taken. He supposedly owes his previous agent $400,000. (This was from listening to the radio yesterday.)

Who else does he owe? Just money? Was the robbery fabricated by him to justify not paying someone? I believe he's not a gang member, but if he hangs with them does that mean he's borrowed from them? Does he owe them allegiance?

Supposedly his gang friends were showing up at Novacare. If that's true it's bad news. Is he able to tell those guys to stay away?

Don't you think teams interested in him will contact the Eagles to see why they let him go? If there's truth to these rumors he will have a tough time finding a team to pay him ... gang members coming around practice?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 29 2014, 07:04 AM) *
That robbery was strange. He didn't have insurance and claimed a large amount of cash was stolen ... he's reported to be broke. There was no sign of forced entry. Small amounts of cash were not taken. He supposedly owes his previous agent $400,000. (This was from listening to the radio yesterday.)

Who else does he owe? Just money? Was the robbery fabricated by him to justify not paying someone? I believe he's not a gang member, but if he hangs with them does that mean he's borrowed from them? Does he owe them allegiance?

Supposedly his gang friends were showing up at Novacare. If that's true it's bad news. Is he able to tell those guys to stay away?

Don't you think teams interested in him will contact the Eagles to see why they let him go? If there's truth to these rumors he will have a tough time finding a team to pay him ... gang members coming around practice?

In this day and age, it will come out. All it takes is time and a reporter with some balls. Time is easy to find.............
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 29 2014, 08:04 AM) *

Obviously that changes things, if gangbangers were showing up at practice.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 29 2014, 05:20 AM) *
In this day and age, it will come out. All it takes is time and a reporter with some balls. Time is easy to find.............

There's an abundance of false information flying around right now but nothing is more telling then this stream of information coming out 35 minutes prior to him being cut. It's so well timed you'd think it was orchestrated.

I find it amazing that all these expert news reporters managed to not cover anything related to Jackson and gangs during his entire tenure but the moment he gets cut he's a damn Cartel Drug Kingpin.

Once the truth comes out (and it will eventually) I have a good feeling it'll be the same reason it always is... that M-O-N-E-Y
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 29 2014, 12:53 PM) *
There's an abundance of false information flying around right now but nothing is more telling then this stream of information coming out 35 minutes prior to him being cut. It's so well timed you'd think it was orchestrated.

I find it amazing that all these expert news reporters managed to not cover anything related to Jackson and gangs during his entire tenure but the moment he gets cut he's a damn Cartel Drug Kingpin.

Once the truth comes out (and it will eventually) I have a good feeling it'll be the same reason it always is... that M-O-N-E-Y

the problem with that logic is that it cost them a lot of dead cap money (6M) and this is not how they have done business in the past. The whole Hernandez situation changed that and I think the Eagles are just trying to get out before his behavior leads him into real trouble. Why would Vick, when interviewed in NY, say that he hoped to be able to advise DJ on things that could affect his career? That was a weird comment, though it sounded as if Vick was worried about Jackson when he said it. There are things that have not come out, and never will from the team (NE has never said a thing about Hernandez since he was cut). But we shall see, I just don't think this was about $$$ at all.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 29 2014, 02:05 PM) *
the problem with that logic is that it cost them a lot of dead cap money (6M) and this is not how they have done business in the past. The whole Hernandez situation changed that and I think the Eagles are just trying to get out before his behavior leads him into real trouble. Why would Vick, when interviewed in NY, say that he hoped to be able to advise DJ on things that could affect his career? That was a weird comment, though it sounded as if Vick was worried about Jackson when he said it. There are things that have not come out, and never will from the team (NE has never said a thing about Hernandez since he was cut). But we shall see, I just don't think this was about $$$ at all.

The dead money isn't the big deal. They netted a $6M increase in cap space and a net $10.75M increase to the bank balance. The cap hit is sunk cost.

We'll have to see what comes out.

If it's bad, then we'll know it probably wasn't a money deal. If they take his savings and go trade for someone this year at a pos of need, then it probably wasn,t a money deal. If nothing real bad comes out and they don't get anyone else this year, then it probably is a money deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.