Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Plan To Move Forward
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
What is done, is done.

There will be plenty of time for itys and the blame game etc.

The good news is that we just saved 10.75M in cash and 6.5M of cap (12.75-6.25 dead money).

That gives us a windfall to improve our team, and for whatever the reason, we didn't do this in time to use that money in free agency.

If we do nothing, we would need to use one of our top three picks on a wr, which would leave us short at a pos of need b/c the wr pick was used instead.

So my plan is to take our third round pick and the cash we have left over, and make a trade for a DE, OLB, S, or WR who is near pro bowl level . The value that teams put on shot in the dark 3rd round picks these days, we should be able to get it done.

That would make good of a shitty situation.
Anyone?
samaroo
Are you talking about a trade for an existing player? Not a draft pick? I don't know who would be available, but that could be intriguing...

If a trade were possible, i would like it to be defensive, a known commodity. Our WRs (i think) are good enough to not warrant a really high draft pick, but we need some serious defensive help to be upper echelon. I'd rather get an established contributor on D and have to draft a ? at WR than the other way around.

Do you have anyone in mind, or are you just speculatin'.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 28 2014, 10:01 PM) *
Are you talking about a trade for an existing player? Not a draft pick? I don't know who would be available, but that could be intriguing...

If a trade were possible, i would like it to be defensive, a known commodity. Our WRs (i think) are good enough to not warrant a really high draft pick, but we need some serious defensive help to be upper echelon. I'd rather get an established contributor on D and have to draft a ? at WR than the other way around.

Do you have anyone in mind, or are you just speculatin'.

I haven't taken the time to look into the who's but there are a lot of real good players that could be had for a third round pick. We have the cap space to pick up decent salary.

If I get a chance I will take a look.
Zero
Good idea, and I agree. How much do the have to spend according to NFL rules? My concern is that they keep repeating the mantra to build through the draft. Is there meat to the Dion Jordan fantasy? How much space does Miami have?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.