Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me out here
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
bwc2112
We get rid of Vick...Then sign Sanchez?
Now they just cut Jackson , no trade nothing just cut.
What the hell am i missing here logically? unsure.gif
nephillymike
That because of the system, we can make Sanchez into a good QB and because of the system, we can replace Jackson's productivity.

There is no "I" in team. (there is a "me" though)

The "system" talk is giving me flashbacks to Reid ball where we didn't need LB's or WR's etc.

Chip and Billy did not seem that they were full of their systems.

I hope I'm wrong.

Chip seems to be a great coach.

Dreagon
Actually there may be a positive side to all this.

I remember Jimmy Johnson doing the same thing his second year on the job, and a lot of people getting all bent out of shape over it. New coaches like to rebuild the team in a way that fits their own vision, and often times that means letting go of players that had already enjoyed success with the team. The only way to accurately judge Kelly's moves is to see where you are in 2015 and '16.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 28 2014, 07:25 PM) *

I remember Jimmy Johnson doing the same thing his second year on the job, and a lot of people getting all bent out of shape over it. New coaches like to rebuild the team in a way that fits their own vision, and often times that means letting go of players that had already enjoyed success with the team. The only way to accurately judge Kelly's moves is to see where you are in 2015 and '16.

But your most productive WR??

Any names that JJ let go who were as productive as DJax?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 28 2014, 07:22 PM) *
That because of the system, we can make Sanchez into a good QB and because of the system, we can replace Jackson's productivity.

The "system" talk is giving me flashbacks to Reid ball where we didn't need LB's or WR's etc.

I hope I'm wrong.

This is extremely cynical. These guys turned a 4-12 team around and have a zillion times more information on Jackson than we will ever have ... well, maybe only a billion but I'm splitting hairs. I think they've earned at least one year of "benefit of doubt."

BTW, the Eagles didn't get rid of Vick, he was a FA who wanted to be a starter. Vick made the decision to leave.
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 28 2014, 07:28 PM) *
But your most productive WR??

Any names that JJ let go who were as productive as DJax?

He cut Randy White and Ed "Too Tall" Jones. And while neither were impact wide recievers, they were still popular, big name players who still had some gas in the tank. But Johnson had a vision of a younger, faster team and when those two couldn't maintain the pace he wanted in practice, he cut them. In the end, despite the fact those were deeply unpopular moves, he was right and replaced them with guys who fit his mold and took him to the Super Bowl.

Another reason you see new coaches start shedding star players from former regimes is that those who are the most likely to fall back on the "that's the way we've always done it" mentality and have the mojo to be a divisive force the new coach just doesn't want to deal with.
bwc2112
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 28 2014, 08:22 PM) *

I hope I'm wrong.

I can agree with your response. And know your knowledge is much better than mine and love reading your posts. I am just having a hard time making sense out of the decisions that they are making.
We started in the sewer last season, climbed out and took the division. Maybe just an old fart that says if aint broke dont fix it just keep it greased. biggrin.gif
bwc2112
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 28 2014, 08:25 PM) *

Yeah I remember him, sold that hairspray and challenged Jerry Jones and got fired. Kept the hairspray contract and does that TV show. Right?
bwc2112
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 28 2014, 08:33 PM) *
This is extremely cynical. These guys turned a 4-12 team around and have a zillion times more information on Jackson than we will ever have ... well, maybe only a billion but I'm splitting hairs. I think they've earned at least one year of "benefit of doubt."

BTW, the Eagles didn't get rid of Vick, he was a FA who wanted to be a starter. Vick made the decision to leave.

You are wise also and love to read your posts. I must say I was wrong saying get rid of Vick, that should have been phrased better.
koolaidluke
While I have no problem with the Eagles dumping Jackson, I don't see much of a comparison with Johnson. I really can't imagine Johnson cutting somebody like Jackson. Especially doing so before a season when he anticipated contending for the Superbowl.
Phits
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 29 2014, 09:22 PM) *
before a season when he anticipated contending for the Superbowl.

Those are the fan's expectations. Chip is building a program that is expected to be very competitive and innovative for a long time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.