Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Djax Released
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
HOUSEoPAIN
Guess we'll be drafting a WR now for sure.....
HOUSEoPAIN
Here's the link.

On the Mike and Ike show they said it was supposedly due to gang connections, which is a cop out. Oh well.
xsv
This changes everything, IMO.

I think we're going WR in the 1st round, for certain now.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Mar 28 2014, 12:56 PM) *

No doubt, maybe even trading up.
canadianeagle
I have no problem with the Eagles getting rid of a pro-bowl player -- as long as they get fair value. They remove a top 10-12 player by position and get absolutely nothing in return.

I'm sorry, unless something really bad happened we don't know about I don't buy into the notion of "addition by subtraction"

Maybe we can get rid of Mathis for nothing too...

I call Bullshit
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Mar 28 2014, 12:56 PM) *

Not necessarily. Maclin/Sproles replace Jackson's production. I'm not sure Chip's offense requires more than that to produce like last season.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 28 2014, 12:55 PM) *
Here's the link.

On the Mike and Ike show they said it was supposedly due to gang connections, which is a cop out. Oh well.

Did you even read the story? There are pics posted on instagram of DJax w his bud Shakir, who is a known Crip and was associated w 2 murders in the last 4 years. This is still just the tip of the iceberg and more will come out, in the post-Hernandez NFL you just can't have guys who are linked to gangs on the roster. I suspect his career is about to go down the toilet. Supposedly these guys have a bigger influence on him the last couple of years, probably right around the time he signed his big $ deal, Iverson was eventually screwed by his 'crew' looks like Jackson just joined those ranks.

The eagles tried to keep this under wraps, but it was never a media concocted story as some have alleged.

Yet the Eagles' apparent interest in jettisoning Jackson likely has little to do with his performance on the field or a big-money contract that could squeeze the team's salary cap. Rather, sources close to Jackson and within the Eagles' organization say, it's Jackson's off-field behavior that concerns the front office. A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly are the reasons, sources told NJ.com. And when the Eagles looked more deeply into why Jackson was missing meetings, they found that his friends were becoming a more powerful -- and negative -- influence in his life.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 28 2014, 12:52 PM) *
Guess we'll be drafting a WR now for sure.....

Faux-moralistic bullshit from the front office.

Personally, rooting for Riley Cooper is like rooting for Washington's football team the way it's currently named named.

They replace Vick with Buttfumbler. So now we have 2 bum USC QBs as backups.

There is no one who will replace D-Jax at this point on the team. And now the Eagles burn a pick that should be used for defense (the weak side of the ball) on a WR.

I smell Kotite fumes in the air.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Mar 28 2014, 12:57 PM) *
So now we have 2 bum USC QBs as backups.

Why do you think Barkley is a bum?

I think Barkley is the Eagles QB of the future. Not sold on Foles at all. I really see Barkley having the potential to be a top 10 QB.
HOUSEoPAIN
Did you even read the story? There are pics posted on instagram of DJax w his bud Shakir, who is a known Crip and was
associated w 2 murders in the last 4 years. This is still just the tip of the iceberg and more will come out, in the post-Hernandez
NFL you just can't have guys who are linked to gangs on the roster.

How can people like you be so disconnected from reality? The 'cop out' is that this was because of his gang ties. His history of
being affiliated with Crips is well known, and probably why he slipped to the 2nd round when he was drafted. He made a
freaking music video with Snoop Dogg not too long ago, a former Crip. This was no surprise to the Eagles, Howie, Chip, or any
fan who actually pays attention. Every single locker room in the NFL has people who are either former, current, or affiliated
gang members, and everyone in the league knows it.
JeeQ

Our team is fucking stupid, I don't believe this shit. We're going to release him because of gang ties? Everyone that grows up in SoCal has gang ties, we can't help it. It's just being a product of our environment. Shame on the entire organization for this
Jax
QUOTE (canadianeagle @ Mar 28 2014, 11:59 AM) *
I have no problem with the Eagles getting rid of a pro-bowl player -- as long as they get fair value. They remove a top 10-12 player by position and get absolutely nothing in return.

I'm sorry, unless something really bad happened we don't know about I don't buy into the notion of "addition by subtraction"

Maybe we can get rid of Mathis for nothing too...

I call Bullshit

If he's connected to gang murders then there is no choice in the matter, regardless of how good he is. It is bad luck for us but it is hard to find fault with the Eagles in this case.
Jax
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 28 2014, 01:13 PM) *
[img][/img]

Our team is fucking stupid, I don't believe this shit. We're going to release him because of gang ties? Everyone that grows up in SoCal has gang ties, we can't help it. It's just being a product of our environment. Shame on the entire organization for this

If gang ties means they've thrown a gang sign or something then that's different than the info the Eagles have into his involvement with murders. I think erring on th side of caution in this case could save us trouble later. Let's hope Djax can stay out of more trouble and the Eagles can at least partially replace his production.

Obviously when we signed Sproles we knew we were getting rid of him.
Jax
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 28 2014, 01:05 PM) *
How can people like you be so disconnected from reality? The 'cop out' is that this was because of his gang ties. His history of
being affiliated with Crips is well known, and probably why he slipped to the 2nd round when he was drafted. He made a
freaking music video with Snoop Dogg not too long ago, a former Crip. This was no surprise to the Eagles, Howie, Chip, or any
fan who actually pays attention. Every single locker room in the NFL has people who are either former, current, or affiliated

I have to take the other side of this one because there is no need for the Eagles to "cop out." I seriously doubt that it is a personality conflict with Chipper and they decide to cut him and blame it on gang activity. If that were the case then they would've gotten a pick for him. They said that they have information that prevented them from trading him to another team in good conscience.
make_it_rain
This pretty much confirms what most of us thought: there HAS to be something very bad going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of, or there is MAJOR reason to believe there are big issues off the field (again, that we are not aware of).

I just can't imagine how a team could be so dumb to just dump a player with Jackson's talent and production for nothing, without some huge/lingering concern off the field driving the decision.

Then again, this is the Philadelphia Eagles, so I could be wrong. I wonder if we'll ever find out what those concerns are that drove them to dump him for no compensation.

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 28 2014, 02:05 PM) *

And you are so disconnected from reality that you believe if other teams have players who are associated with questionable people, then it is OK to keep one on your team. I believe they knew and gave Jackson the chance to pull back from these guys, warning him of potential consequences. I suspect he not only ignored the warnings, but from the sound of it, became more involved. Before you vent anymore righteous indignation, just watch what happens with the Eagles and Jackson going forward, my bet is the team thrives and his career dives.
Jax
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Mar 28 2014, 12:59 PM) *
I think Barkley is the Eagles QB of the future. Not sold on Foles at all. I really see Barkley having the potential to be a top 10 QB.

This post is 4 days too early. Repost this next Tuesday biggrin.gif
Jax
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 28 2014, 01:27 PM) *
This pretty much confirms what most of us thought: there HAS to be something very bad going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of, or there is MAJOR reason to believe there are big issues off the field (again, that we are not aware of).

I just can't imagine how a team could be so dumb to just dump a player with Jackson's talent and production for nothing, without some huge/lingering concern off the field driving the decision.

Then again, this is the Philadelphia Eagles, so I could be wrong. I wonder if we'll ever find out what those concerns are that drove them to dump him for no compensation.

Kind of what I meant in the post above.
Jax
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 28 2014, 01:28 PM) *
And you are so disconnected from reality that you believe if other teams have players who are associated with questionable people, then it is OK to keep one on your team. I believe they knew and gave Jackson the chance to pull back from these guys, warning him of potential consequences. I suspect he not only ignored the warnings, but from the sound of it, became more involved. Before you vent anymore righteous indignation, just watch what happens with the Eagles and Jackson going forward, my bet is the team thrives and his career dives.

If what the Eagles are saying is true and the other teams find out then it is possible that his career may be on hiatus for a season waiting to see how things shake out.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Jax @ Mar 28 2014, 11:32 AM) *
If what the Eagles are saying is true and the other teams find out then it is possible that his career may be on hiatus for a season waiting to see how things shake out.

He'll be signed by tonight, bet on it
JeeQ
Fuck it... Rant Time...

I could make a post a mile long of current NFL players with prison records. I could even make a list of NFL players who served time, and then we're resigned to teams. Rapists, Murderers, Thieves... Ray Rice just beat his girlfriend unconscious last month. Yet we're releasing DeSean Jackson because it "appears" he has gang connections.

Remember how quick Ray Lewis got let go after he was involved in a murder case? Oh wait, that's right, he didn't and went on to win a Super Bowl.

Or remember how fast the Steelers let Rapistberger go after they had photographical evidence that he raped two girls at a party... oh wait, that's right, he's still on the team.

But you know what, let's release our #1 WR in his prime and take a hit to our cap for nothing in return. We wouldn't want to risk him corrupting our poor innocent roster with his gang connections. Maybe next time, DeSean should go to a Snoop Dogg concert, and shout that "He's Going To Fight Every Cracker Here, Bro!" then he would've received a raise and a new contract.

Signing Mark Sanchez, and releasing DeSean is really making it hard to be a fan of this team. My blood is absolutely boiling at this point.

So who do you think is our #1 WR now? The Racist or the Pussy Coming Off An ACL Tear?
Jax
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 28 2014, 01:39 PM) *
Fuck it... Rant Time...

I could make a post a mile long of current NFL players with prison records. I could even make a list of NFL players who served time, and then we're resigned to teams. Rapists, Murderers, Thieves... Ray Rice just beat his girlfriend unconscious last month. Yet we're releasing DeSean Jackson because it "appears" he has gang connections.

Remember how quick Ray Lewis got let go after he was involved in a murder case? Oh wait, that's right, he didn't and went on to win a Super Bowl.

Or remember how fast the Steelers let Rapistberger go after they had photographical evidence that he raped two girls at a party... oh wait, that's right, he's still on the team.

But you know what, let's release our #1 WR in his prime and take a hit to our cap for nothing in return. We wouldn't want to risk him corrupting our poor innocent roster with his gang connections. Maybe next time, DeSean should go to a Snoop Dogg concert, and shout that "He's Going To Fight Every Cracker Here, Bro!" then he would've received a raise and a new contract.

Signing Mark Sanchez, and releasing DeSean is really making it hard to be a fan of this team. My blood is absolutely boiling at this point.

So who do you think is our #1 WR now? The Racist or the Pussy Coming Off An ACL Tear?

The Racist because Foles loves The Racist.

Actually appears that Kelce has spoken for the team regarding DJax. If you didn't see it, here is what he said, "We are glad that little biotch isn't here anymore because nobody liked him and we will now be a tighter team."
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 28 2014, 02:39 PM) *
Fuck it... Rant Time...

laugh.gif

Impressive rant. Give me a MLB who's a an accomplice to murder anyday if it means we win two Super Bowls.....
Eyrie
Guessing here, but for Jackson to be released it would suggest that he does more than just hang around with some gang members whom he's known for years but may actually have some involvement in financing their activities.

If he is involved in serious criminal activity then I'm pleased to support a team that is willing to take action rather than one which doesn't give a shit who the player rapes or kills as long as they produce on the field.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 28 2014, 12:08 PM) *
Guessing here, but for Jackson to be released it would suggest that he does more than just hang around with some gang members whom he's known for years but may actually have some involvement in financing their activities.

If he is involved in serious criminal activity then I'm pleased to support a team that is willing to take action rather than one which doesn't give a shit who the player rapes or kills as long as they produce on the field.

Just found that part funny after being the team that was the catalyst for the Michael Vick rehabilitation story. So we have no problems signing a player who served time for serious criminal activity, but will release a player on the spot if he might be involved in criminal activity laugh.gif
Birdman420
I think chip is setting the bar to new heights that NFL teams will eventually follow. I think this is a big picture issue more then just winning games and chip is at the helm of the Gentleman's Club in the NFL right now.

It might be this year or 3 years from now, I still have confidence chip is the answer to our anguish. We just have to pull some teeth to get the team where it should be.
Bocadelphia Eagles John
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 28 2014, 12:36 PM) *
Maclin/Sproles replace Jackson's production.

1. and if Maclin gets hurt again ?

2. NO ONE can replace DJaX's ability to get behind corners or safeties and get that long ball like he does ... pro bowler .... future HOF ....

THIS SUX ....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Mar 28 2014, 04:24 PM) *
I think chip is setting the bar to new heights that NFL teams will eventually follow. I think this is a big picture issue more then just winning games and chip is at the helm of
the Gentleman's Club in the NFL right now.

It might be this year or 3 years from now, I still have confidence chip is the answer to our anguish. We just have to pull some teeth to get the team where it should be.

If Chip can change the entire gang culture in the NFL, power to him and good luck. But the problem goes much deeper than that, as the pool of NFL players to draft from
comes from the NCAA, of which most of the top programs make it their official policy to recruit from juvie. Some schools set the bar higher, and those schools will never
be in the big bowl games. It's all about the money, and keeping the alumni happy.
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 28 2014, 03:35 PM) *
Just found that part funny after being the team that was the catalyst for the Michael Vick rehabilitation story. So we have no problems signing a player who served time for serious criminal activity, but will release a player on the spot if he might be involved in criminal activity laugh.gif

Ever hear of rehabilitation? Vick's behavior (post incarceration) proved the Eagles were right to put their faith in him. If he were 5 years younger he might even prove to be a reliable QB...in the future.
Phits
QUOTE (Bocadelphia Eagles John @ Mar 28 2014, 04:48 PM) *
1. and if Maclin gets hurt again ?

and if DJax gets another concussion? Maclin is the better all around WR and he isn't afraid of taking punishment.

2. NO ONE can replace DJaX's ability to get behind corners or safeties and get that long ball like he does

The long ball isn't our starting QB's strength. Offensive coordination and the ability to adapt is our head coaches strength. I believe he can adequately adjust his game plan to compensate for the loss of Jackson.
jasonkushner1127
delete post pretend i didn't post it
jasonkushner1127
double post sorry
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (jasonkushner1127 @ Mar 28 2014, 03:42 PM) *
double post sorry

You should be sorry. It was a terrible post. Doing it twice is criminal.
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 28 2014, 05:04 PM) *

Ha!

Jason, you're post was odd, but welcome anyway! biggrin.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 28 2014, 06:04 PM) *

Hey, there you are cupcake! Did you get tired of race-baiting another board and losing arguments? wub.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 28 2014, 05:04 PM) *

Hey welcome back.

To bad about the circumstances though.

Zero
There has to be more to all of this. I heard the Eagles have a very, very good security team that undoubtedly has some bad info on Jackson. For those of you who want to jump on the Eagles for releasing a pro bowl player in his prime with no compensation, consider that they lose $4 mil from the cap on him and that is NOT the M.O. of this team. There's more going on that we don't know about.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 28 2014, 07:21 PM) *
There has to be more to all of this. I heard the Eagles have a very, very good security team that undoubtedly has some bad info on Jackson. For those of you who want to jump on the Eagles for releasing a pro bowl player in his prime with no compensation, consider that they lose $4 mil from the cap on him and that is NOT the M.O. of this team. There's more going on that we don't know about.

Time will tell Z, time will tell.

Did you read the 24/7 article about Jackson not being under investigation?

Did you see what was really taken from his home??

How incorrect was the public perception and CONTINUOUS reporting by media about the $200,000 of cash.

Shit, I heard it so many times the last few weeks.

The cops came right out and said it wasn't true but you would never know.

My guess?

He didn't adhere to Chip's system of sleep and nutrition and training. Other's probably stuck with the program in the offseason but he didn't.

Nothing but a guess.
Zero
Mikey, it just doesn't make sense that Kelly and/or Howie would cut loose a pro bowl player in his prime for nothing and of taking a $4 mil cap hit to boot! To think that the Eagles are arrogant systembots on this is truly Axis! Sure, it could be, but the odds would seem far lower than the odds that there is damaging info on Jackson that isn't being revealed.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 28 2014, 08:27 PM) *
My guess?

He didn't adhere to Chip's system of sleep and nutrition and training. Other's probably stuck with the program in the offseason but he didn't.

Wouldn't that be enough to make an example of him? Nobody is exempt from the rules of the team.
samaroo
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 28 2014, 07:40 PM) *
Wouldn't that be enough to make an example of him? Nobody is exempt from the rules of the team.

Totally agree with you again. DJ is a talented player, and a vocal one. If i were a new coach trying to instill a new way of doing things, AND someone like DJ wasn't buying in, i wouldn't want him around influencing others. Just like i wouldn't want that type of influence on my sons.

If Chip is trying to change the culture of this franchise, good. We need it. Nothing else we've been doing has worked.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 28 2014, 07:38 PM) *
Mikey, it just doesn't make sense that Kelly and/or Howie would cut loose a pro bowl player in his prime for nothing and of taking a $4 mil cap hit to boot! To think that the Eagles are arrogant systembots on this is truly Axis! Sure, it could be, but the odds would seem far lower than the odds that there is damaging info on Jackson that isn't being revealed.

Not Axis at all.

Don,t you think that is enough to cut him?

He would not be a worthy player on the team if that were true and everyone needs to get with the program, especially with all the young guys.

Isn't Chip known as a my way or the highway type coach?

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 28 2014, 09:36 PM) *
Not Axis at all.

He would not be a worthy player on the team if that were true and everyone needs to get with the program, especially with all the young guys.

I think it was a part of a larger picture...but even Vick, who is one of his main supporters, made comments recently about wanting to help DJ avoid making decisions that could hurt his career...there is something deeper here. Someone who knows will eventually spill it, the truth eventually emerges.

As far as Chip goes, and the way players have responded so far, there is no doubt who is the boss down at NovaCare. The good news is that he has sent a powerful message, has players backing him up, and he now controls the locker room. Going forward I doubt players with questionable character traits won't even get a chance with Chip, and after the last few years where the players ran the locker room...I welcome it.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 28 2014, 06:54 PM) *
Hey welcome back.

To bad about the circumstances though.

It's complicated.
On one hand, we are a worse team without DJax. On the other, the FO knows this and still made the call.
From my perspective, it's pretty clearly all about Chip. Prior to him getting here, this very same DJax got a healthy extension.
I think Chip is a fantastic coach, but he has done nothing to deserve the benefit of the doubt as it relates to personnel matters. He is paid $6.5mm to maximize the talent on the roster. Part of that is dealing with talented, albeit difficult players. There are a lot of guys who have represented their teams worse than Desean.
I'm not fond of coaches having major input on personnel. I don't like giving away our top talent. We are further from a SB without Desean on our roster. All in all, it's a raw deal for the fans.

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 28 2014, 08:36 PM) *
Not Axis at all.

No, I don't. I see it as a problem but not a cut, take $4 mil hit with no return problem. And other teams don't have that nutrition program, why no trade activity? Sure, the salary is an issue but I'm sure there would be teams that would express interest and ask to talk to Jackson about redoing his contract.

Anthony and Rob were talking yesterday about Jackson and Reid. They were saying that Reid had an intense talk with him about his behavior, assumed to include gang affiliation. This was apparently a sticking point in his negotiations for his new deal. Andy stood up for him and convinced the team to do the deal on the basis of those conversations. After the contract was signed apparently Jackson reverted and Andy went ballistic ... according to what Gargano was saying.

There has to be much more to this than we see now. It's not about team meetings or nutrition, IMO. Those are weak reasons not to get some value for a player of his game day contributions. I'm not saying they wouldn't trade him for that, but not cut him and take the cap hit to boot!
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Mar 28 2014, 07:35 PM) *

You bastard! I think I've just been owned sad.gif

I went ballistic when we signed Vick, but given his conduct whilst he was here my views on him softened. I'll say the difference in the two would be that Vick improved himself as a person, whilst the rumours suggest that Jackson hasn't done anything to address the concerns raised by the Eagles. However I have to concede that these are just rumours of guilt by association and not hard evidence of Jackson being involved in serious criminal activity.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 29 2014, 07:12 AM) *
rumours

It's 'rumors.' wink.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Mar 29 2014, 04:23 PM) *
It's 'rumors.' wink.gif

That's the trouble with Americans - they're illiterate tongue.gif

Exhibit A -
HOUSEoPAIN
laugh.gif

Touche'. I won't go against Fleetwood Mac.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 29 2014, 09:28 AM) *
That's the trouble with Americans - they're illiterate tongue.gif

Exhibit A -

Next you'll try and tell us it's colour and not color wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.