Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's Play The Trade Game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
We have heard unofficially that we couldn't get a third for Jackson, nor a 4th for Mathis.

So in the spirit of the galactically stupid, I hereby put our entire team on the trading block. Given the nonsensical trade market in the NFL, here is the trade value I perceive in the open market:

1st round worthy - Foles . Best ever qb rating at this point and a cheap contract for a year.
2nd round - McCoy, Johnson
3rd round - ertz, Cox, kendrick
4th round - Peters,
5th round - Sproles, Kelce, Mathis, Logan, Boykin, Barwin
6th round - Cooper, Maclin, Thornton, Jenkins
7th round - Celek, Williams, Herremans, Ryans, Cole

Trade them all. Can you imagine all those draft picks? All that cap room?
We could make all decisions as if we weren't good enough to win a Super Bowl and be content to live in the safe cocoon of low expectations and high profit margins.

And all those players who are so grossly underpaid despite just signing a contract two years ago can get new deals in Cleveland and Oakland!

I am disgusted by both sides in this bullshit.
You wait so long as a fan to get a real shot at a championship and now this.

Trade them all and both sides will live happily ever after.

We'll have the Sixers. Don't worry, those players we tanked for are much better than they look in college.

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 26 2014, 09:35 PM) *
We have heard unofficially that we couldn't get a third for Jackson, nor a 4th for Mathis.

So in the spirit of the galactically stupid, I hereby put our entire team on the trading block. Given the nonsensical trade market in the NFL, here is the trade value I perceive in the open market:

1st round worthy - Foles . Best ever qb rating at this point and a cheap contract for a year.
2nd round - McCoy, Johnson
3rd round - ertz, Cox, kendrick
4th round - Peters,
5th round - Sproles, Kelce, Mathis, Logan, Boykin, Barwin
6th round - Cooper, Maclin, Thornton, Jenkins
7th round - Celek, Williams, Herremans, Ryans, Cole

Trade them all. Can you imagine all those draft picks? All that cap room?
We could make all decisions as if we weren't good enough to win a Super Bowl and be content to live in the safe cocoon of low expectations and high profit margins.

And all those players who are so grossly underpaid despite just signing a contract two years ago can get new deals in Cleveland and Oakland!

I am disgusted by both sides in this bullshit.
You wait so long as a fan to get a real shot at a championship and now this.

Trade them all and both sides will live happily ever after.

We'll have the Sixers. Don't worry, those players we tanked for are much better than they look in college.

A bit dramatic? You must have high blood pressure friend, for what? Day to day business in the NFL? This is what happens when teams have success, even a little obviously, players try to go for the gold. Football has the largest pro roster size and a cap that can't make every player feel duly compensated when you are successful. I think they are handling the way they have to, and because two guys who recently got bumps want more, you have the right to say no so you don't go dipping into other guys pockets to make em happy. This is all non-issue stuff really. good teams almost always lose players they would rather keep, so far the Eagles have avoided it...but it is coming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.