Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jackson and Vick for Sanchez and $9M of cap space
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
After you eat the unamortized signing bonus, I think we get about 6M or so of freed up space for DJ if he is cut.

If you assume we sign Sanchez for a reasonable $2M, we save about 3M over the $5M Vick got.

You ready for some football?
Birdwatcher
Actually Mike, I am...I'm sick of all this Jackson butt kissing.

As much as I respect your fervent research on this team, I saw enough from what Chip did last season to know he has more football acumen than any fan posting on any message board. I am nearly convinced that this all started from Jackson wanting out and think his 'peeps' created this media frenzy just to get him cut. Chip gave Jackson the season of his life, he targeted him far more than Reid ever did, his numbers had to go up. BUT, he also got shutdown at times, especially at the end of the season. People are acting like we would be loosing a Reggie or Brian, but he is nothing like either of them, talent wise or even as a human being. Have a little faith in Chip, he has a plan, and if Jackson isn't part of it you will get over it.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 24 2014, 07:38 PM) *
Actually Mike, I am...I'm sick of all this Jackson butt kissing.

As much as I respect your fervent research on this team, I saw enough from what Chip did last season to know he has more football acumen than any fan posting on any message board. I am nearly convinced that this all started from Jackson wanting out and think his 'peeps' created this media frenzy just to get him cut. Chip gave Jackson the season of his life, he targeted him far more than Reid ever did, his numbers had to go up. BUT, he also got shutdown at times, especially at the end of the season. People are acting like we would be loosing a Reggie or Brian, but he is nothing like either of them, talent wise or even as a human being. Have a little faith in Chip, he has a plan, and if Jackson isn't part of it you will get over it.

For the record, I don't like him, but I like his production in this offense.

I'll wait for facts to come in, but man have we ever had to wait so long for a clue on any past Eagles issues?
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 24 2014, 08:52 PM) *
For the record, I don't like him, but I like his production in this offense.

I'll wait for facts to come in, but man have we ever had to wait so long for a clue on any past Eagles issues?

Yup, did you forget the fiasco that was TO? This is a blip in comparison to that shit.

It is my opinion that despite talent, if a guy is a potential locker room cancer it is better to remove him sooner rather than later. Who in that locker room is going to be negatively affected if he is gone? His best friends were Vick and Avant, and they were also the ones that kept him in line.

I just don't see a WR making or breaking a team, unless of course he is allowed to divide a locker room. Now that was an epic Banner/Reid fuck up.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 24 2014, 08:59 PM) *
Yup, did you forget the fiasco that was TO? This is a blip in comparison to that shit.

It is my opinion that despite talent, if a guy is a potential locker room cancer it is better to remove him sooner rather than later. Who in that locker room is going to be negatively affected if he is gone? His best friends were Vick and Avant, and they were also the ones that kept him in line.

I just don't see a WR making or breaking a team, unless of course he is allowed to divide a locker room. Now that was an epic Banner/Reid fuck up.

But at least in the TO, Trotter or Dawk fiascos, we didn't have to wait to hear each side of the story. This one is crazy not knowing.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 24 2014, 10:22 PM) *
But at least in the TO, Trotter or Dawk fiascos, we didn't have to wait to hear each side of the story. This one is crazy not knowing.

that's why I think it all came from Jackson's side, for whatever reason. There was no upside for the Eagles to let this out, it had to come from him (or his buddies, whoever he voices his worries to). So blaming the team for this fiasco seems a bit premature.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 24 2014, 09:22 PM) *

<ikey....no comment on the Eagles having the most cap money allocated for 2015? I thought you would be all over that after all the comments on how much money they have under the cap this year? Apparently they are already at or over the cap for 2015...they have the highest number in the NFL.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 27 2014, 06:10 PM) *
<ikey....no comment on the Eagles having the most cap money allocated for 2015? I thought you would be all over that after all the comments on how much money they have under the cap this year? Apparently they are already at or over the cap for 2015...they have the highest number in the NFL.

Cmon now RF, you're smarter than that.
http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team...s&Year=2015

Roll forward the 16M from this year, cut/reduce some of the outrageous cap savings opportunities, add in a modest increase in the cap (even though it is supposed to be a Sig increase) and you'll have plenty for a long term deal for Nick and plenty of other signings.,

We're good!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 27 2014, 08:29 PM) *
Cmon now RF, you're smarter than that.
http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team...s&Year=2015

Roll forward the 16M from this year, cut/reduce some of the outrageous cap savings opportunities, add in a modest increase in the cap (even though it is supposed to be a Sig increase) and you'll have plenty for a long term deal for Nick and plenty of other signings.,

We're good!

we have the highest amount for 2015 right now.....in the entire NFL. Sure there are some cap savings to be had by cutting or resigning aging players but you also have 5 players in line for extensions plus foles AND Maclin if he is back to form. it is not cut and dry by any means
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 27 2014, 09:06 PM) *
we have the highest amount for 2015 right now.....in the entire NFL. Sure there are some cap savings to be had by cutting or resigning aging players but you also have 5 players in line for extensions plus foles AND Maclin if he is back to form. it is not cut and dry by any means

More cut and dry now.

Rollin' $23M over as of now.........
devil03.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.